Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,220 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Grantestos

Alien: Covenant

RARusk

darthYENIK

I don't think I'm going to watch any trailers or videos of this. I want to go in clean.

Kippers

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film.

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives.

Edited by Kippers

Queen

Alien 3 isn't that bad. It's a lot of cursing and running. I think they tried to capture the claustrophobic feel of the first film but fell considerably short. The biggest gripe is the first 3 minutes of the film, and I think you'll see why.

darthYENIK

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott

killed Newt and Hicks

almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Edited by darthYENIK

Flash525

The 'Meet Walter' clip is great. Great way of re-introducing the character. I like that they've kept Fassbender from Prometheus, but have seemingly scrapped all plans to continue that film's story (I assume?). He was maybe the best thing about the film.

I'm slowly making my way through the Alien films. some for the first time, others not. I had up until last week only seen Alien a bunch of times and Resurrection. Don't know how I skipped 2 and 3. Watched Aliens and obviously it was a great film. Like Terminator I've heard this is where I should lower my exception for the next film.

Anyways, hopefully I will have made it through all of them by the time this arrives.

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

RARusk

It would've been a great movie in 1980. But by the 90s, suspense and horror had collided and we'd seen that movie before. Plus Scott

killed Newt and Hicks

almost feeling like to spite people for liking Aliens, that put a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Me, personally, I never saw Alien 3 until maybe a decade ago, and I liked it. Hell, I liked Resurrection on some levels, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

Scott didn't make the decision to kill Newt and Hicks since he wasn't present for this installment. I think it was the producers that did that - they couldn't get Beihn to sign up and Henn was too old and they didn't want to recast. Alien 3 has a rather fascinating development hell history. In addition, it was the first film for David Fincher and he got screwed hard by the producers - even today he won't talk about the project and wasn't involved in the Alien Anthology disc sets. They were still filming scenes all the way up to the premiere - the last scene was done about five days before it opened. Some copies were sent to theaters still wet from the development process. It was crazy all the way to the end.

I do have one interesting collectable related to the film. In 1992 I was living in San Francisco and it has one of the better transit systems in the country. At most of the bus stops they had large cases for special poster and advertisements and were backlit at night. They had an Alien 3 poster for these cases and it looked very cool at night when it was backlit. I asked MUNI if I could have one when they were finished and they gave me one - and I still have it to this day. These posters are not made of paper, they are made of what appears to be vinyl or some plastic that feels like paper and have felt pads in the corners for velcro. They are also large, about six feet by four feet. One day I would like to make a special poster case for it with LED lighting so I can have it backlit when I want to. It would look pretty damn cool.

Wulf Raycevick

Send pictures

darthYENIK

killed Newt and Hicks

Scott didn't make the decision to kill Newt and Hicks since he wasn't present for this installment. I think it was the producers that did that - they couldn't get Beihn to sign up and Henn was too old and they didn't want to recast. Alien 3 has a rather fascinating development hell history. In addition, it was the first film for David Fincher and he got screwed hard by the producers - even today he won't talk about the project and wasn't involved in the Alien Anthology disc sets. They were still filming scenes all the way up to the premiere - the last scene was done about five days before it opened. Some copies were sent to theaters still wet from the development process. It was crazy all the way to the end.

I do have one interesting collectable related to the film. In 1992 I was living in San Francisco and it has one of the better transit systems in the country. At most of the bus stops they had large cases for special poster and advertisements and were backlit at night. They had an Alien 3 poster for these cases and it looked very cool at night when it was backlit. I asked MUNI if I could have one when they were finished and they gave me one - and I still have it to this day. These posters are not made of paper, they are made of what appears to be vinyl or some plastic that feels like paper and have felt pads in the corners for velcro. They are also large, about six feet by four feet. One day I would like to make a special poster case for it with LED lighting so I can have it backlit when I want to. It would look pretty damn cool.

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

RARusk

killed Newt and Hicks

I was under the false impression that Scott produced it. Still.

The Alien 3 Wikipedia page gives you some of the basics of the behind the scenes problems the film faced. I would be very interested in seeing somebody take a stab at making the "wooden planet" version of the script, mainly in animation as it would be the best way to visualize it.

Kippers

I was under the impression that they hadn't? If what I've read is true, then David is found, as is a recording by Shaw, who presumably is now dead.

I'm probably the one who's wrong then. I haven't been fully following all the released details of the film.

Huh, something that annoyed people in the opening scenes? Intrigued. I'lll check Alien 3 out tonight.

RARusk

Send pictures

Alien3.jpg

I had to take this picture from a ladder. I told you this thing was big.

Queen

That's pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Natasha

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

RARusk

That's awesome. What size is it actually?

4 feet wide by 6 feet long.

RARusk

3210442-aliencovenantposter2.jpg

Tchuck

Love the renaissance vibe off of that poster!

Natasha

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

feckyerlife

People may be seeing this as a reboot or a more a rip off but I'm still looking forward to seeing a back to basics, no holds barred Alien movie!

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Natasha

they shouldn't, Ridley stated multiple times that there will be a prequel trilogy before the reboot of aliens.

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

feckyerlife

Wait what? Reboot of Aliens? I didn't mean reboot in that sense, I meant more along the lines of "It's just the same plotline as the original Alien" *whine* *whine* *whine*

im not sure if they are going to actually reboot aliens, but he said there will be 4 prequel movies that link up to aliens.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-promises-a-return-to-alienstyle-horror-in-alien-covenant-20170222-guj8wk.html

RARusk

Kiffster

Saw the trailer tonight during TWD and it looks great. Wasn't a fan of Promethues

RARusk

feckyerlife

im surprised they showed so much dr. shaw, stuff. I guess alien awakening will be her movie

Tchuck

Oh god hype. This looks so good.

feckyerlife

Oh god hype. This looks so good.

i watched that last night, it changes everything. to me it kills the whole Shaw being the queen theory bs imo.

Edited by feckyerlife

Flash525

I didn't think that prologue explained anything, other than Shaw being put into stasis. Unless I've missed something really obvious?

feckyerlife

the caring and empathy that david is showing shaw which was never there in the first movie (he did have an interest or respect for her). The crying when he dropped the "bombs". They were completely changed in that prologue from how they were at the end of prometheus, it too me looked like he was looking at her like she was his new weyland. I mean its possible she could still be the queen or what not. But i don't think he would've done it with out her blessing at that point.

Edited by feckyerlife

Thesmophoriazusae

this film is going to be lit, i tell ya, looking forward to see more about this

engineer city during david's sequence.

prometheus was a really good film, but it didn't delivered very much (shame about the alternate scenes and deleted scenes imo), which i agree entirely, i think this one will definitely answer all of our questions and suppress our expectations at it's highest peek, maybe i could be wrong.