Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,935 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Grantestos

Alien: Covenant

X S

Kenny-f*cking-Powers will be battling Xenomorphs in Alien: Covenant. LMFAO, I can just see it now, a Xeno appears, hisses, and Danny calls him a 'dickhead'.

The full cast list has been laid, and Danny McBride is a part of it. Noomi Rapace is also rumored to be returning after doubts she would. Also, Billy Crudup is in it. You may be more familiar with Crudup as Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen.

ClefuM7WMAAVKlu.jpg

X S

Official teaser poster. Xenomorphs confirmed.

aliencovenant-720x1066.jpg

Queen

Looks sick!

darthYENIK

If any one can completely turn around public opinion about Prometheus and make people enjoy and care for the characters we met within that movie, it's Ridley Scott.

I'm excited as someone who enjoys most of the Alien movies including Prometheus.

uNi

Oh yisss

Queen

Wait...are the characters from Prometheus returning in Covenant?

Edited by Queen

darthYENIK

Wait...are the characters from Prometheus returning in Covenant?

Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are returning. Fassbender playing another android, not David.

Queen

Nice!!!

I was hoping Noomi would reprise her role. I thought she did a great job...and she's super cute too!

Tchuck

That poster is perfect. If they can deliver the same, on the big screen, I'll be satisfied.

Wulf Raycevick

I can't wait to see this. I actually didn't know it existed till I saw the poster on reddit.

RARusk

X S

Did David make himself king? What is that "throne" he's sitting on. That would be an awesome irony.

Queen

Oh God, that shower scene. Interrupting sex? That's just wrong.

X S

I watched it a little more and read into some plot points. Apparently, there's three different metamorphic xenos, and we probably won't see the original until the end. I read that the other xenos are called neo-morphs? Not sure if that rumor is true.

But after watching the trailer again, I'm going to take a guess and say Shaw and David reached the engineer's home planet, but crash landed. I assuming Shaw died, but David remains, waiting. I say this because the credits now have Fassbender playing two androids, both David and Walter. So I think the new crew is on a rescue mission, and the Derelict spaceship we see is Shaw's. It can't be the Derelict from Alien, because LV426 had a different landscape. I wonder if David had been waiting all this time to see his sinister plans unfold. I think the irony there is that plays into the narrative of our creations turning on us like we did to the engineers. :beerhat:

Indy007

Now, this looks like something I'll enjoy. To be honest, I was really looking forward to Prometheus and the fact that it was a return to the Alien universe; regardless of it being a direct prequel to the 1979 film. However, I was disappointed with the movie and it annoys me when people keep telling me it's introduces questions that will be answered in a sequel. If a film cannot stand on it's own and requires a sequel to explain everything, that's not a good thing. There are so many unanswered questions in Prometheus but I just didn't care because the characters were lame It just left me unimpressed and uninterested. From the trailer on Alien: Covenant, it looks like something far more interesting and if they do indeed explain the questions that were left in Prometheus, great, if not, that's cool as well. It won't make me enjoy Prometheus any more or any less.

feckyerlife

I watched it a little more and read into some plot points. Apparently, there's three different metamorphic xenos, and we probably won't see the original until the end. I read that the other xenos are called neo-morphs? Not sure if that rumor is true.

But after watching the trailer again, I'm going to take a guess and say Shaw and David reached the engineer's home planet, but crash landed. I assuming Shaw died, but David remains, waiting. I say this because the credits now have Fassbender playing two androids, both David and Walter. So I think the new crew is on a rescue mission, and the Derelict spaceship we see is Shaw's. It can't be the Derelict from Alien, because LV426 had a different landscape. I wonder if David had been waiting all this time to see his sinister plans unfold. I think the irony there is that plays into the narrative of our creations turning on us like we did to the engineers. :beerhat:

you can see him in the trailer as the other andriod

Indy007

Shaw's going to be in the sequel.

feckyerlife

a lot of rumors saying ridley cut most of her scenes out and she will only be in flash backs now

X S

a lot of rumors saying ridley cut most of her scenes out and she will only be in flash backs now

This is what I'm expecting, possibly hologram messages or recorded videos the crew finds. I'm also assuming it's decades later. So I think she'll be confined to a cameo given that she's not listed as a main cast member.

RARusk

Queen

God damn it feels just like the first Alien movie.

Natasha

Prometheus was a dead end for me, I really never enjoyed it at all. Requiring a sequal to explain it and tie it further to 'Alien' for me is a cop out, nothing like bringing people back to the cinema and making more money. That being said I know for a fact I'll go and see this, further emphasising my point dare I say.

feckyerlife

thats a lot of dead people

Vanilla Shake

I honestly dunno how I feel about this. I know it's just a prologue and not in the actual movie, but this isn't really giving me hope that it'll be any better than Prometheus. It felt like too much of a ripoff of the dinner scene in the original (even copying some of the dialogue), and the conversations felt a bit forced. The crew seem to have good chemistry, but the only performance I'm really buying so far is Fassbender's, which honestly isn't surprising. Combining Franco and McBride also kills some of the drama and tension for me as it makes me expect Seth Rogen to pop out and turn this into a sci-fi stoner comedy. I know it won't, but still. Even the first trailer makes it seem like a generic horror movie complete with two people having sex and meeting a violent end before climax. I just get a bad feeling this is gonna be another one that's technically and visually stunning but lacking in substance.

I'm still gonna see it on opening day, only with lowered expectations. Ridley Scott is just so hit and miss for me story-wise.

RARusk

Wulf Raycevick

That trailer kinda pisses me off. They ruined the shock factor of, what looks like, two or three of the Aliens. I know I don't 'have' to watch it, that's beside the point, trailers now and days spoil movies.

Natasha

Not gonna lie I'm more interested after seeing that trailer than I have been. Looks like they've cracked up the crazy meter to 11 for the Aliens in truth!

feckyerlife

the trailer made it seem like Danny McBride and the Girl he was with are the survivors.

ARTHUR.

I think they wanted to put as much action in the trailer as they could to show it's gonna be different from Prometheus (which I liked) but many didn't like the pacing and lost faith with.

Ridley Scott has been promising lately, I really hope this doesn't bomb, the first trailer looked awesome.

Natasha

I think they wanted to put as much action in the trailer as they could to show it's gonna be different from Prometheus (which I liked) but many didn't like the pacing and lost faith with.

Ridley Scott has been promising lately, I really hope this doesn't bomb, the first trailer looked awesome.

I think you're right there actually. Prometheus was extremely slow to start, so slow in fact I debated switching it off. So yeah, I can see why they've decided to show that this movie is going to be back to an action packet rollercoaster. One some ways the long term fans will rejoice, but then critics will say clearly as Prometheus was slow, they've had to revert to their old ways. Either way I'm still excited for this!