1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Anyone else thinks Michael's house sucks?

JF8494

His house is supposed to be a mansion but it's small as hell on the inside. Franklin's house is a lot bigger and his is not even as good as it could be. It has the tennis court but it definitely feels like a regular home. Also, do you all think the map would've been better if they based it solely on L.A. and it's surrounding areas?

• Like 1
tranceking26

I like it, but it needed more to it, like a games room and bigger garage. Hopefully safehouse customisation is a big new feature in the next GTA.

• Like 1
slimeball supreme

Yeah.

It's a bit of a sh*tty mansion. It's weird too, there is one room upstairs we can't go in, plus the fact there's no bathroom downstairs. Like, what?

• Like 2

I like it, but it needed more to it, like a games room and bigger garage. Hopefully safehouse customisation is a big new feature in the next GTA.

I think they could've done Franklin's house better too like putting the master bedroom on the top floor and where his current room is make that a game room/party room with a pool table, bar, tv, stripper pole, etc. They could've also put some work out equipment on his deck. I also think Michael should've got a bigger house at the end of the game since he became a Hollywood film producer. Every room should be accessible too, kind of dumb it wasn't. I like the idea of customization. It would be good ,kind of like The Sims where you can maybe even rearrange the house if you see fit

Edited by JF8494
  • Like 1
Trillest

I find it extremely strange that Jimmy and Tracey's bathroom doesn't have a shower. That means that they have to take showers in their parents' bathroom. Imagine how inconvenient that is.

I find it extremely strange that Jimmy and Tracey's bathroom doesn't have a shower. That means that they have to take showers in their parents' bathroom. Imagine how inconvenient that is.

Yeah it's weird. Every room should been accesible

• Like 1
Maibatsu545

How cool would it have been if Michael ended up in an even bigger mansion by the end of the game? It would be cool if you could customize it as well somehow. Maybe some time after the merryweather attack. The old house could be wrecked so after the main story they move into a nice new one. Would've made for a nice sense of progression.

• Like 1

How cool would it have been if Michael ended up in an even bigger mansion by the end of the game? It would be cool if you could customize it as well somehow. Maybe some time after the merryweather attack. The old house could be wrecked so after the main story they move into a nice new one. Would've made for a nice sense of progression.

Same thing I said. He should've got a house in Richman at the end of the game

A.O.D.88

Franklin's "mansion" has no bathroom at all! What does he do, go in the swimming pool?

Trevor's vanilla unicorn safehouse has no bathroom either but it's absolutely not a problem for him as he would be just as comfortable going under the freeway underpass right next door!

The truth is that neither Michael's nor Franklin's houses are really "mansions" in the realistic sense.

I mean Franklin has one bedroom and no bathroom. Michael has 3 bedrooms and a half bath with no shower! I'm sorry but those do not qualify as mansions!

Edit: I have to say this but Trevor's trailer is the only permanent safehouse in V that has a full bathroom, meaning a toilet, sink, and shower!

Floyd's apartment and Franklin's aunt's house don't count as they are only available for a limited time for use!

Edited by A.O.D.88
S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

well....

it's nicer than my house haha

and that location here in vancouver, let alone near near rodeo drive and hollywood boulevard, worth a f*ck load of millions haha

i mean, the interior ain't that big but it's not really meant to be to scale anyhow right? i mean, it only has one bathroom =p

• Like 1
gooeyhole

Someone mentioned F's mansion, one thing that I thought was weird was that the bedroom had a big exposed window with an exit there. Not very safe for a high profile criminal.

• Like 1
Gnocchi Flip Flops

It's smaller than my house yet it looks bigger on the outside. I don't know about his house, I think he should've gotten one like this instead (except with a garage and more backyard space):

0_0.jpg

His house is a bit awkward. The landscaping is crap and the views have been ruined by hideous condos. It's also not the kind of place you'd live in to relax. It's right next to a busy avenue and it's just smack dab right in the city. I think part of the problem with his property is the layout of Rockford. The real Beverly Hills is flat, Rockford should've been flat and gridlocked as well, I think that would've been more interesting.

But yeah, his house is meh. And a house like that with a lot that big and a garage that small is the stupidest sh*t. A big house, a flashy lot, why would you only have a puny little two car garage? Regular middle class houses here in Texas can house three cars so why can't his house 4 or 5?

Edited by Scaglietti
Cheatz/Trickz

Franklin's "mansion" has no bathroom at all! What does he do, go in the swimming pool?

Trevor's vanilla unicorn safehouse has no bathroom either but it's absolutely not a problem for him as he would be just as comfortable going under the freeway underpass right next door!

The truth is that neither Michael's nor Franklin's houses are really "mansions" in the realistic sense.

I mean Franklin has one bedroom and no bathroom. Michael has 3 bedrooms and a half bath with no shower! I'm sorry but those do not qualify as mansions!

It has a room you can't enter in Franklin's safehouse, that's the bathroom. And the inaccessible room in Michaels house is also likely a shower room.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

I like it, in my opinion, it's one of the best safehouses in the series. Whenever I go in, I feel like I'm home. I mean, the small mansion kinda makes sense, Michael wanted an extravagant life but not too extravagant where he'd stick out like a sore thumb for living in one of the largest mansions in the city, I doubt he was THAT rich to afford such a house anyway. Besides, it has a tennis court, a swimming pool, a garage that can fit two cars, it practically takes up a block on it's own and it has some pretty expensive stuff inside like two large HD TVs, an HD TV projector, a lot of expensive looking ornaments and a personal maid and gardener. It might not be a huge playboy-esque mansion but it's far from a "normal house." It's small but packed with detail and value. I'll take this over Franklin or CJ's empty ass mansions. As for the shower thing, there is that locked room that I'm assuming is the shower, so stop saying the mansion doesn't have a shower, it probably does but we just can't access them. Same goes for Franklin's house, it has a lot of inaccessible rooms so don't assume what it doesn't have by what we could access. I'll admit that Rockstar got lazy with these safehouses when it came to those extra rooms.

Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • Like 1
thafablifee46

I dont like how michael house takes up a whole block and its right in the middle of everything. Thats not lowkey at all. Franklings house is alot better (besides the crazy serpent like streets) .. I like trevors trailer but the strip club as a safe house makes no sense. They really should have had properties available for purchase, i would love to put frank in a house in mirror park. My favorite all time house in the gta series is playboys loft.

• Like 1
Thelema93

I dont like how michael house takes up a whole block and its right in the middle of everything. Thats not lowkey at all. Franklings house is alot better (besides the crazy serpent like streets) .. I like trevors trailer but the strip club as a safe house makes no sense. They really should have had properties available for purchase, i would love to put frank in a house in mirror park. My favorite all time house in the gta series is playboys loft.

A strip club as a safehouse makes sense for Trevor. It's unconventional which is the way Trevor rolls homie.

OT: I like M's safehouse. It's very nice inside and outside and I like how it sticks out from the other mansions in the area.

• Like 4
UshaB

one thing that I thought was weird was that the bedroom had a big exposed window with an exit there. Not very safe for a high profile criminal.

It's to express he is completely free of harm

Serious note. Yeah true, especially when he's sleeping.

PhillBellic

It's smaller than my house yet it looks bigger on the outside. I don't know about his house, I think he should've gotten one like this instead (except with a garage and more backyard space):

0_0.jpg

His house is a bit awkward. The landscaping is crap and the views have been ruined by hideous condos. It's also not the kind of place you'd live in to relax. It's right next to a busy avenue and it's just smack dab right in the city. I think part of the problem with his property is the layout of Rockford. The real Beverly Hills is flat, Rockford should've been flat and gridlocked as well, I think that would've been more interesting.

But yeah, his house is meh. And a house like that with a lot that big and a garage that small is the stupidest sh*t. A big house, a flashy lot, why would you only have a puny little two car garage? Regular middle class houses here in Texas can house three cars so why can't his house 4 or 5?

Or even better, have the ability to park any Vehicle on the Paved Driveway Section, and it stays there, like the Strip Club Parking Spaces. :)

• Like 1
BarryRiley

You have to remember where it is. That location is prime real estate. He may have money but he's not Donald Trump.

Wouldn't say Micheals house itself is much of a mansion. I'm getting a house built at the moment that is about the size as M's but on a single level. I don't consider mine a mansion. But my block of land isn't as nice as M's. Wish I had a pool and room for a tennis court.

What's with the pink in Michael's foyer. Terrible colours.

The location is prime. Don't know if I would want my block surrounded by 4 roads, but nice and close to everything.

Edited by Ben73
PhillBellic

Wouldn't say Micheals house itself is much of a mansion. I'm getting a house built at the moment that is about the size as M's but on a single level. I don't consider mine a mansion. But my block of land isn't as nice as M's. Wish I had a pool and room for a tennis court.

What's with the pink in Michael's foyer. Terrible colours.

The location is prime. Don't know if I would want my block surrounded by 4 roads, but nice and close to everything.

Neither would I. Large House would better describe it, I feel.

Amanda's interior decorating perhaps could be the reason for the Foyer colours.

Mister Pink

Michael's House isn't very inspiring. It's a generic, Spanish-style, LA mini-mansion. I don't care to go in every room and I'm not concerned about their toilet situation.. What I do care about is having a character in GTA with the mansion to begin with. It's not exciting to me. I want to earn and mansion or at least rob one from somebody (a la Vice City).

Secondly, number of safe-houses for sale would have been nice and a couple of mansions to give me the player the feeling of choice in general and choice as to where you'd like to live which I believe is paramount to GTA's defining success.

• Like 5
jazzbone

Yea Michael's house could be better but my issue is with the garages/impound lot nonsense with all 3 protags. Mafia 2 and Saints Row 2 and 3 had much better vehicle management. Even the older ps2 Scarface was better. So why not just have all the vehicles available from one garage, vehicles returned to the garages, and a delivery service.

As it is now vehicles get hauled to impound or disappear leaving me with this exclamation: " Dude, where's my car"?

Edited by jazzbone
  • Like 2
Gnocchi Flip Flops

You have to remember where it is. That location is prime real estate. He may have money but he's not Donald Trump.

You're full of it. Prime real estate is not where Michael lives. There's ugly condos in the way, traffic noise, and nothing feels secluded.

Let's picture his situation in real life. He's got an Audi A6, fully loaded. That's $68000. He's got a BMW 328i Cabriolet, that's $55000. He's got a Mini Cooper Roadster, that's about $35000. His house looks like it's worth almost $2 million because let's be real, this is Los Angeles and no house that's both flashy and big comes below $700000. He's got landscapers and maids, those don't come cheap. He's got a lot with a pool and a tennis court, that can't come cheap. He's sending his daughter to university. That don't come cheap. He's not poor. He could've afforded a way better house in a way better location.

The Dedito Gae

...What I do care about is having a character in GTA with the mansion to begin with. It's not exciting to me. I want to earn and mansion or at least rob one from somebody (a la Vice City).

That was the thing about Michael, he already "finished his storymode", even though i dislike Michael and the story of V, i liked that they at least tried something different with two of the characters,instead of always getting the same old regurgitated story of a crimnal rise, if Franklin's story was well done (it wasn't), we could have got the sense of progression we got in every past gta.

Michael already had a big mansion and was sorted out, becoming a whining middle age suburbia sh*t.

Franklin is the more classical gta protag, wanting something better, gaining a new house.

Trevor rejected progress, choosing to stay in a filthy trailer, liked those details.

OT: not a fan, should have been bigger, but "sucks" is a harsh term, better than my house at least.

• Like 1
Trillest

Speaking of pools, I thought his pool was pathetically small. I mean, I know people in real life who are nowhere near as rich as he his, but yet they have pools that are way bigger than his.

Niko Montana

It didn't suck as such, but there is quite a lot of room for improvement.

Edited by thedriver111
  • Like 1