3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Owning Devin Weston's House

TempletonFerrariIII

TempletonFerrariIII

I wish to go along with Franklin's vinewood hills pad and michaels house, that after the story line Trevor could somehow acquire Devin Weston's mansion. I think itd be cool for him to have a nice house to go along with his big score money. I would even be open to buying the house with the heist money. trevor deserves somethin cool

American Viking

A house like that does not fit Trevor's personality and neither Michael nor Frank need another mansion.

Remember in SA when you took over Maddogs mansion? No reason the same couldn't be done with Devin's. Oh wait, that would be fun and add replay value. Those things have no place in a gta game.

universetwisters

A house like that does not fit Trevor's personality and neither Michael nor Frank need another mansion.

So why can we buy supercars & luxury cars off the internet as him? They don't suit his personality either.

• Like 2

American Viking

So why can we buy supercars & luxury cars off the internet as him? They don't suit his personality either.

Because it is a game and the option is there, but I always tried to buy things that suited his personality like trucks and planes for example.

universetwisters

Because it is a game and the option is there, but I always tried to buy things that suited his personality like trucks and planes for example.

And the option would be there to use the mansion. Who's saying Trevor would have to give up his trailer or his strip club?

• Like 3

RayB_ThrowaStack

Everything and anything can suit Trevors personality. I dress him in a sh*tty suit and he drives a rusty pink Emperor with hold Daytons, white walls and pink neons. Trevor is crazy. He does what he wants so why can't he have a nice mansion to clutter up with trash?

Don't forget the golf course.

TempletonFerrariIII

I also want more properties to own on SP, a 6 or 10 car garage and on docktease i want to be able to buy a big yacht that anchors off the coast like in that michael mission early in the game.

^this is for all characters not just trevor

Shadowfennekin

I would love to own that as Trevor. I always wanted to get him a mansion.

I dislike this mentality.

Because it doesn't fit the GTA formula which is all about freedom.

In San Andreas, CJ's personality and style was what you made it to be. I'd like to keep it that way.

• Like 4

Gnocchi Flip Flops

This type of idiotic logic only limits the fun of the game. Who gives a f*ck if another mansion wouldn't fit the characters? I don't care about them, I care about me. I'd like it, I'd enjoy it, I don't care if it doesn't fit them. I don't buy cars that fit them. I don't buy properties that fit them. I play for fun, not for ultra-realism, that's just daft. Why the hell would you want the game to be less fun? Are you serious?

slimeball supreme

I try to usually play how I believe the character would, but Vs characters are really limiting.

In the 3D Uiniverse, Claude was a blank slate, so whatever his personality was is up to you.

Tommy Vercetti doesn't bring up anything about his tastes other than the fact he's an asshole, so you do what you want with him.

The only thing about CJ's tastes is that he likes hip hop, so you do what you want with him.

Hell, even Niko worked in this regard. He says he likes most genres, so you choose whatever you want there. It's also not difficult to see him driving the likes of the Pinnacle or Premier, all the way to the Infernus. It's up to however the player interprets the character.

In V, this is a lot more difficult, as they all have their own heavily established tastes and personas. M likes classic rock and tasteful old rich white people stuff, Franklin likes hip hop, ghetto fashion and showmanship of wealth, T likes... sh*tting himself and bad punk rock. It's up to you if this is good or bad.

I can see T owning the mansion though, as he's very erratic with everything. He could drive a Issi. Or he could drive a rusted truck. M and F would also be fine with it.

The mansion would have been really cool, otherwise. The one thing to top it off would be SR2 style crib customisation, like being able to stick a stripper pole in the games room.

• Like 1

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

It's quite obvious though that the ability to buy safehouses in general was either cut out or created for online only.

Meaning, even if you would be able to buy Westons house, it would most likely be online exclusive.

Edited by Cyper

Real Estate should be available in single player full stop in my - and likely everyone else's - opinion.

Trevor owning his mansion would be a good idea. Trevor will make it messy and dirty and unclean, and I have never seen a poor maintained mansion, so that would be good. And we will get 1 more parking space at least, since there are only a few garages in single player, it feels GTA Vice City has more places to store vehicles than GTAV, so I could park up another truck for Trevor.

Owning Devin Weston's mansion is a good idea, as all of Trevor's other safehouses are considerably small. Why didn't R* include this? Trevor steals Weston's Tornado and Weston himself, but not the mansion?