Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,094 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RussianFighter

Movement on the SteamDB page for both IV and EFLC

TWIST_OF_HATE

I hope this upcoming update will make GTA IV better. That's all.

P.S. Actually, we don't even know will this update be released ...

etayorius

Whatever it is, it required a Password to access the beta, and it acually shows few files from "Data" and "Installers" being moved on and tested, it may actually be important or at least good.

Edited by etayorius

Kris194

VMC BigFoot Test Comp is a package that contains 160 apps. Wouldn't read too much in to this.

Spider-Vice

VMC BigFoot Test Comp is a package that contains 160 apps. Wouldn't read too much in to this.

160 apps that have been worked on by VMC. What you read from that is that they're doing something to GTA IV as well because this package is in GTA IV as well now, when it didn't use to.

Kris194

You're right, they are also working on Max Payne 3, Bioshock 2 and many other games. Steam OS ports incoming?

Edited by Kris194

TWIST_OF_HATE

Minor updates again on SteamDB ...

Naroon

You're right, they are also working on Max Payne 3, Bioshock 2 and many other games. Steam OS ports incoming?

RIP GFWL (and maybe a rework/removal of RGSC for certain titles as well.)

Spider-Vice

The Bioshock series has been reworked for some time now, probably minor updates. Max Payne 3 is weird because they're using RGSC, so maybe something to do with the Mac version, or a Linux version for Steam OS.

lol232

The Bioshock series has been reworked for some time now, probably minor updates. Max Payne 3 is weird because they're using RGSC, so maybe something to do with the Mac version, or a Linux version for Steam OS.

The update for MP3 was just making the multiplayer more friendly to routers with strict NAT limitations.

El Dorado

Whatever they're doing (Assuming that they are doing something) I wonder what retail DVD owners will get.

fefenc

They're either optimizing the game or they're removing soundtracks..

PhillBellic

Whatever they're doing (Assuming that they are doing something) I wonder what retail DVD owners will get.

Possibly a Patch to Download from Rockstars Site.

Hopefully any removal of Soundtracks wouldn't be an issue to DVD Copy Owners. I do hope there is some serious optimisation of the Game as well, so it runs as well as GTA V.

George Costanza

I do hope there is some serious optimisation of the Game as well, so it runs as well as GTA V.

You have very high expectation, maybe they may improve optimisation, but most probably they will keep it same or even worse. I hope they will at least remove securs*it and gfwl.

etayorius

Damn i wish for this too we all want more FPS, but chances for this to happen are close to Zero... Optimizing takes a lot of time and resources, and i doubt Rockstar wants to deal with this title and pour some cash after this many years.

GFWL and SecuROM are a possibility, but chances are low, but i really would love GFWL and SecuROM gone at least.

If we don`t see any update or news in a month it means that whatever they were doing they decided it was not worth Releasing, it`s been two months since they started Beta testing "Something", and whatevet it was it require a Password to Test. They actually changed Data Files and Installers in SteamDB Branches, which led to the speculation that they may just finally remove GFWL.

My take on what they are doing is that they are removing songs due to licenses, and Maybe... just maybe, SecuROM. It took Codemasters Two Years to remove GFWL from Dirt3, and from what i see it kinda uses the same system GTA4 used, and we all know Rockstar hates PC so keep expectations low.

fefenc

If it took them more than 2 years to fix the animals reporting crimes thing and there are a lot of simple issues yet-to-fix in V, then we can forget something complex like the removal of GFWL or better optimization.

Edited by fefenc

George Costanza

wonder what does this means

steamcontrollertemplateindex: 1

Error2k

wonder what does this means

steamcontrollertemplateindex: 1

Support for steam controller.

BlackScout

Oh, my, god.

05b0c-67b60c2e-2780-4177-ab9b-e6127c20ab

https://steamdb.info/changelist/1462421/

I hope we are getting closer, to whatever they are planning to release of update... (That, if they are really planning something oO?)

Edited by TrustedInstaller

Mega

Well there IS a Steam Machines sale going on right now, with even more new games supporting SteamOS and the Steam Controller. Would make sense if that company R* hired to work on IV/EFLC is also getting that to happen. We already saw that Steam Controller tag, all that's left is for them to add a depot to expose the existance of a Linux version, pretty much like Saints Row 2's DB page revealed recently.

Man, both SR2 and GTAIV being fixed, sounds like a miracle...

Images of the SR2 Linux port I mentioned for proof:

h4VyhDU.png

rzcf3Bl.png

Edited by Mega

TWIST_OF_HATE

So, this update is probably just a port for SteamOS ? :cry:

Mega

So, this update is probably just a port for SteamOS ? :cry:

No, I think it is an actual patch to the main Windows game PLUS a POSSIBLE SteamOS port. We're speculating here.

George Costanza

They should on top of that Saints Row 1 on PC.

Mega

Ages ago, theNGclan told me that IdolNinja (the dude who made all those SR2 mods such as Gentlemen of the Row and was hired by Volition as Mod Manager or something like that) said in a forum post he would like to convert SR1 to 2 when it's possible or something like that. Not exact wording, but hey, HOPE.

Legomanarthur

Ages ago, theNGclan told me that IdolNinja (the dude who made all those SR2 mods such as Gentlemen of the Row and was hired by Volition as Mod Manager or something like that) said in a forum post he would like to convert SR1 to 2 when it's possible or something like that. Not exact wording, but hey, HOPE.

That would be cool but I can't count how many years it would take.

Anyway it's been a while since there's movement on the SteamDB page, and I highly doubt it will be a performance patch, Rockstar's done with IV.

etayorius

Hmm... it`s no simple patch, but better performance is out of the question... heck as long as they remove GFWL i am GOLD. If it`s a Linux port you can all bet they will remove GFWL... tempted to move to Linux, now if SR2 and GTA4 get ported to linux i just need Oblivion and Skyrim and i am sold to linux.

Seems they also got plans for GTA-SA, something about Original Songs, what the hell are they planning?

Edited by etayorius

Mega

Hmm... it`s no simple patch, but better performance is out of the question... heck as long as they remove GFWL i am GOLD. If it`s a Linux port you can all bet they will remove GFWL... tempted to move to Linux, now if SR2 and GTA4 get ported to linux i just need Oblivion and Skyrim and i am sold to linux.

Seems they also got plans for GTA-SA, something about Original Songs, what the hell are they planning?

Well, SR2 IS getting ported to Linux, along with 3 and 4. We just don't know about GTA IV. R* probably will jump on the SteamOS train soon (and also port V to the Mac and Linux platforms, after all they did port Max Payne 3 to Mac).

For SA we can also only speculate. The 360 ''remaster'' is being released on PS3 this December, and perhaps they'll bring that cancer to Steam too, full with achievements.

I'm still a bit hopeful on the IV port. If they don't 100% patch the performance, they could at least patch in a solution for the draw distance/lods performance hogging. They also need to revive MP.

Edited by Mega

Red Hat

Offline activation is a joke, it doesn't work half the time.

Easiest workaround is to change the computer's date to 2013 during the activation.

George Costanza
Offline activation is a joke, it doesn't work half the time.

Easiest workaround is to change the computer's date to 2013 during the activation.

Easiest way is to download repack, crack it and use xlivess to get rid of Secus*it, S*it for windows live and S*itty club.

Red Hat

Can't believe I actually forgot about this, heh.

ecbroAl.png