Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RussianFighter

Movement on the SteamDB page for both IV and EFLC

etayorius

Anyone else having issues login into GFWL? i keep getting an error that there is a problem with the GFWL network.

FulValBot

from xbox support site

"If you have a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 device, click here, and then follow the steps to install the Games for Windows Live app.

If you have a Windows 10 device, you can now use the Xbox app to connect to the Xbox Live service. Visit How to sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10 for more info on the Xbox app, and also How to install Xbox games on Windows 10."

if i try this i can't launch GTAIV... (windows 10)

etayorius

This is weird, i got two Steam accounts each with a copy of GTA4 and i could not login into each original account credentials. In my first Steam and GWFL account i could not login to GFWL using it's own credentials, but i could login with my credentials of the second PC... and the second PC could only login with the main PC Credentials... does that makes sense? weeeeird, i thought it would be something related to this thread, it seems not. What i did was to just remove GFWL from Add and Remove Program. Then manually delete any leftovers inside LocalData hidden folder. Then reinstall GFWL provided in the install folders, reboot and i was finally able to login with each correct credentials. I remember being able to login to both accounts on any of the PC's.

cryptorelic

So does this mean there is definitely another patch in the making ? Or is it perhaps really just (song removals) random ?

etayorius

Who knows, but expect the worst. Keep your

expectations low.

Tomas.

Noticed that on the TBoGT website, the GFWL logo (still visible on both the TLAD and EFLC pages) has been replaced with a generic PC logo sometime recently

MY0TW1N.png

In theory this might be a sign that GFWL will finally be removed for good.

zanesix
Posted (edited)

I don't want to be the guy that says "this basically confirms it" but for what other reason would they replace it? They never update old game websites.

(Also the GTA IV website has a generic PC logo too, unless if it's always been like that)

Edited by zanesix

etayorius

I still see this:

Requires 3rd-Party Account: Games For Windows - Live and Rockstar Games Social Club

Tomas.
Posted (edited)

(Also the GTA IV website has a generic PC logo too, unless if it's always been like that)

Always has been. Edited by Tomas.

CHARMANDER50

I hope they fix the bulletspreadless guns f*ckup! I don't like playing multiplayer deathmatches with that kind of sh*t.

Real shame the only fix for that crashes my game randomly.

At least I can play Singleplayer the way it was meant to be with gun spread, with a controller or xliveless and the spread fix when playing with a keyboard/mouse.

SINGLE PLAYER eliminates the LAG latency issues online.

The Mob./Pocket Edition is really much awaited cos we all love GTA fundom !

STEAMdb really increased it's secure QR/DLC patches these days huh ,

can't play in STEAM LOG-IN ISSUES cos of corporate closed door policy ?

STEAM version crashes coop play online is a real water gun waiting to piss on my demands !

Zolika1351
Posted (edited)

If an update gets rid of GFWL, it would be an absolute nightmare for us coders. I'd probably have to rewrite every single little thing that has to do with Multiplayer in every script, maybe even remove stuff, change my menu's gamertag list (for private access, DraftierOrb joining notifications, etc) and maybe even more. That is, if scocl and/or SC-CL will even get updated to support the new natives/native system/whatever else R* decides to change.

Edited by Zolika1351

cryptorelic

I don't see why GFWL is such a pain in the ass for so many players. It's working fine for me, and whenever I don't want to use my own saves or mod around I simply use XLiveLess in a custom directory with different patch versions.

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

GFWL has a really annoying bug for some people. Ever heard of the ''kick bug''?. People getting autokicked from the lobby when another person joins. It's random every day. One day if player1 joins lobby you're in, you're gone, the next day it might be player10, and so on. Now, me and Zolika don't have this issue at all probably because we have forwarded ports/open NAT/enabled UPnP, but not everyone else does. So GFWL is kind of unreliable/unstable for most people.

Edited by B Dawg

etayorius

GFWL has a really annoying bug for some people. Ever heard of the ''kick bug''?. People getting autokicked from the lobby when another person joins. It's random every day. One day if player1 joins lobby you're in, you're gone, the next day it might be player10, and so on. Now, me and Zolika don't have this issue at all probably because we have forwarded ports/open NAT/enabled UPnP, but not everyone else does. So GFWL is kind of unreliable/unstable for most people.

I had this issue specifically with my brother and my cousin, we can't really be in the same game no matter if the NAT is set to open an all three PC's. Annoying as hell.

Wolver_321

GTA IV on PC has a lot of issues, but I don't think that GFWL is one of the major ones... At the end it's only a client like Steam, Origin and Uplay, it can't be the reason why GTA IV is so terribly optimized.

zanesix
Posted (edited)

You're right, it isn't exactly the biggest issue. It is however, a major crutch. I remember back when I first built my PC I couldn't get GTA IV to run becuase GFWL wouldn't let me sign in. I had to find some obscure workaround to fix it, not even xliveless worked. Also, nobody likes extra unnecessary DRM, especially when the DRM in question has been discontinued for 4 years.

Edited by zanesix

etayorius

Yeah don't expect a magical patch with improved performance. Optimizations require a good amount of crash that i'm sure Rockstar is not willing to spend on this title.

Tomas.

Noticed that on the TBoGT website, the GFWL logo (still visible on both the TLAD and EFLC pages) has been replaced with a generic PC logo sometime recently

MY0TW1N.png

In theory this might be a sign that GFWL will finally be removed for good.

Now the TLAD page has the logo replaced too.

ftIelPk.png

George Costanza

i aint hyped this time, because of what they did with 1.8

now i m getting hyped

dfa.jpg

Wolver_321

Now it's exactly the same logo of GTA V PC Version:

352n6f6.png

GTA IV's problem isn't for sure GFWL, there are so many other issues that needs to be fixed (but probably they'll have to re-write a lot of code for doing a good optimization job)... But this little change is a good sign! :karmaeater:

George Costanza

The thing is, if they are removing gfwl, they could potentionally remove securom aka pain in the ass

Wolver_321

The thing is, if they are removing gfwl, they could potentionally remove securom aka pain in the ass

SecuLauncher: failed to imagine how GTA IV could be a lot better without SecuRom. [2000]

Spider-Vice

This doesn't mean they're going to fix performance issues nor you should expect that. Removing GFWL would be an impressive step forward for the IV PC port because multiplayer would be made much easier and also centralised within RGSC.

Also removing GFWL will require a lot of coding and re-coding effort, maybe this next patch is more to our tastes when it comes to performance.

etayorius
Posted (edited)

SecuROM is probably hundred times easier to remove than GFWL. It took year and a half for Dirt3 to completely remove GFWL, i remember sending a Twitter to one of the CodeMasters devs and he said something like it was a lot harder than what they initially thought it would be. It also took almost a year for "Red Faction Guerrilla" to remove. This is no easy task.

Edited by etayorius

Spider-Vice

It probably was harder for them as well because they didn't really have their own multiplayer platform at the time. Rockstar does with the cloud servers so at least that part is one less block to development.

George Costanza

Also if people have synced their GFWL with RGSC all the character data and even achievements they will have them on RGSC ready

Claude_Lib

I guess I'm asking too much, but if all of this will turn out to be true, I hope they also release TLaD and TBoGT as DLC for GTA IV so we can have episodic stuff in the original game.

Tomas.
Posted (edited)

Well you could do that before by buying those from the GFWL Marketplace, but now you can't because it's been closed since 2013. That's actually another reason for them to remove GFWL and start distributing the DLCs via a different service.

Edited by Tomas.