2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Pacifists Guide to Griefers (A griefer spotting guide)

Jenna_Taylier

Jenna_Taylier

I'd like to start a topic dedicated to the different types of griefer that can be encountered in GTA, this could be the number one spot for players to list the type of griefer and the preferred method of dealing with each type.

I will start the community off:

The Lesser Spotted Bush-griefer.

A bush griefer can be found glitched inside the bush opposite Eclipse Towers.

The bush griefer will camp in the bush and wait patiently until a player arrives to visit Eclipse Towers at which point the bush griefer will dispatch the player using a high powered firearm.

Players will note that the bush will render the bush griefer impervious to ANY form of retaliation from players weapons or local law enforcement.

There is no known way of dealing with a bush griefer other than to die repeatedly as he/she spawn kills you until you spawn out of range.

I have never seen a Tank or other military vehicle attempt to flush out a bush griefer but my guess would be that the bush would deflect ANY kind of weapon.

• Like 2

Solution to bush griefer:

Go passive mode, go to where they are, come out of passive, kill them.

Or

Just stay in passive.

Or

Find new session.

Edited by Fox2Quick
  • Like 1

Jenna_Taylier

The Greater Crested Bridge Griefer

Bridge griefers glitch into the bridge near the far eastern Los Santos Custom garage.

Once inside they sticky bomb the access point and blow the dumpster used away from the wall.

They then lie in wait dispatching any players who arrive to use the Pay and Spray or nearby accommodation with the greatest of ease.

The bridge renders the Bridge Griefers impervious to gunfire.

No known solution to flushing the bridge griefers from their lair.

• Like 2

Passive Mode, nuff said.

Edited by REXX93

Bridge griefer solution:

Passive mode, push dumpster back with a car, go in, leave passive, kill them

Or

Just go passive

Or

Find new session

Or

Use different LSC

Btw OP, you're not helping anyone avoid griefers if you're not posting solutions. If anything you're making it worse by telling people that may not have known where these wall breaches are.

Edited by Fox2Quick

Jenna_Taylier

It's probably worth me mentioning that I am playing PS3. Approaching ANY griefer in a car means they can kill me. So if I don't know they are in the bridge for example and I go to the garage, they kill me and blow up my ride. Passive mode won't help me. Finding another session where my friends are not is also not a great idea.

Either way, this topic is not for people to tell me to go into passive mode, its for members to describe griefers they have come across. Like the first post hints at.

Try pushing the dumpster back with a car when there is a griefer with a rocket launcher behind the wall.

It can be ANY griefers, not just wall breachers.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier

The counter to any wall type breachers... is to leave them alone.

Their plan is simple.. Hide in an area where they cannot die, while they kill players on the outside of it.

So, if you leave them be.. They have no one to kill. And their plan is ruined. And the only thing they can do is send you messages trying to bait you to come back.

So just get away from them.. that pisses them off more then anything.

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 3

Sneakerhead.

How does one get into this wallbreach? patrice.png

Jenna_Taylier

A Titan of A Job Griefer

This griefer is a personal pet hate of mine.

A Titan of a Job relies on close team work and patience as the mission can take up to 20 minutes to complete if you are playing with newer players.

A TOAJ griefer lulls the team into a false sense of security by willingly helping the team battle Merryweather until the Titan is secured and on its way to the northern airstrip.

However, unbeknownst to the team of players, the TOAJ griefer has affixed a sticky bomb to the undercarriage of the Titan and as it is about to land after its slow journey from the airport, the TOAJ griefer activates it killing everyone, destroying the Titan and failing the mission.

To date it is hard to combat other than to kick the TOAJ griefer from the lobby at the next available juncture.

• Like 2

In answer to The Greater Crested Bridge Griefer

You need to snipe the wall breachers. It's easy and surprise's the sh!t out of them

Edit. I will find the thread which shows you what to do.

Found it. Shows how to deal with 3 of the main wall breach locations. http://gtaforums.com/topic/750125-killing-wallbreachers-inside-their-walls/ Needs a little practice and sometimes a lot of shots if they are moving about but the breacher can't hear them and they often think you killed them with the first shot.

Edited by Nomad0202
  • Like 1

Jenna_Taylier

There are many different species of Grieifer. I hope more members post stuff (other than try passive mode).

Edited by Jenna_Taylier

Furry_Monkey

No known solution to flushing the bridge griefers from their lair.

Tell that to the 2 guys who got killed by a tank after going in there and placing bounties on each other.

• Like 1

Jenna_Taylier

Could a mod move this to guides please? I think I posted it in the wrong place! :^)

So far I have got from this thread;

Noobs using a wall breach.

Troll failing TOAJ.

So where is this thread talking about "griefers"?

Seriously OP do you even understand the concept of a griefer? It seems you have an obsession with this so called type of player as your last 3 posts have all been about griefers and in all 3 you have failed to understand what determines griefing as opposed to trolling or just killing another online player.

How to deal with your so called "griefer" Invite only.

Could a mod move this to guides please? I think I posted it in the wrong place! :^)

Then you must report your OP not hope they randomly read your post half way down the page.

Edited by Nomad0202

Jenna_Taylier

Airport Griefer

Airport Griefers are classic griefers left over from GTAIV.

In GTAIV Airport Griefers would hang around on the rooftops near where the Annihilators spawned and sniped players who tried to take off in them.

In GTAV Airport Griefers hang around on the rooftops near where the Annihilators spawn and snipe players who try to take off in them.

So far I have received numerous methods that players on this forum say they use to get away from such griefers:

1: Passive mode

2: Stay away from griefer

3: Leave lobby

Let me know how those solutions enhance your griefer encounters.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 1

Lebowski_RS

The griefing technics in this topic are way more interesting than the anti-griefing ones. Ok, we got the message, passive mode, switch sessions, etc, you don't need to post it more than once

But Jenna, please, continue :evilgrin:

• Like 3

Jenna_Taylier

5 Star Griefer

5 Star Griefers are sneaky.

They start out by acquiring a buzzard and then proceed to engage the local law enforcement agencies until they have whipped them into a 5 star frenzy of SWAT and FBI filled vehicles.

The 5 Star Griefer then identifies another player or players and proceeds to hover over the player or players drawing the 5 star level of law enforcement to their location.

The 5 Star Griefer NEVER directly engages the victims and instead relies on the severity of the police interest on the ground to ruin the players fun.

It is very hard to combat the 5 Star griefer as merely targeting ANYTHING results in instant submachine gun and shotgun fire from the Sherrifs and FBI.

Running does little to resolve as the mayhem that follows the 5 Star Griefer means that the slightest misdemeanour either on foot or in a vehicle will bring down 5 Star level police response.

5 Star Griefers are effective but thankfully few and far between.

If a victim has a fire and forget rocket then they can take out the 5 Star Griefer if they are quick enough but if the Griefer has chosen wisely, say a lower ranking player, then its curtains for the poor victim as the buzzard is obviously capable of ascending our of range of gunfire and the police will kill the player quicker than the player will kill the griefer.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 1

Jenna_Taylier

The Huntsman Griefer

The Huntsman Griefer is a special breed of highly trained and equipped griefing player.

Usually armed to the teeth, the Huntsman Griefer is an expert with the Heavy Sniper and master helicopter pilot. They tend to choose a victim or victims that are simply minding their own business exploring the wilderness or jacking cars. Quite often the victims are low level players just trying to find their feet in the vast world of GTAV.

The Huntsman Griefer may choose to repeatedly kill the victim from extremely long range, hopping from hill to hill in their helicopter following the victim around the island and killing them like they are playing Duck Hunt.

On the other hand the Huntsman Griefer may choose to mess with the victim, using the Heavy Sniper to blow up vehicles they are trying to jack (by hitting above the driver side rear wheel) or simply popping the tyres of the jacked vehicle as the victim tries to outrun the police. Resulting in the victims car responding as if it were driving on sheet ice.

The more advanced players will soon grow wise to the Huntsman Griefer but the lower ranking players will most likely have no-idea what is going on given the distance at which the Hunstman Griefer is able to snipe from.

Passive mode is a must for this situation but if you have gone into passive mode then the Huntsman Griefer has already won.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 1

Jenna_Taylier

Greater Crested Highway Griefer

The greater crested highway griefer sticks very much to the hills surrounding the highways.

Armed with a maxed out number of sticky bombs they pre-empt the imminent arrival and passing by of innocent players by watching their map until it looks like someone is going to drive past their location.

They then run down from the hills before lacing the 6 lanes with a sticky bomb each before running back up the hill far enough away from the highway so as not to arouse the suspicion of the approaching highspeed player, but still retaining a first class view of the chaos that is about to erupt.

They grin manically as the player approaches timing the explosion to precision before sending the innocent player to meet his in-game maker.

There is no known solution to this kind of griefer as there is no way of knowing when he/she will strike.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 1

OP - You DO know that your avatar is literally immortal right? A 'death' is merely some kind of positional reset to help even the combat odds.

Im a pretty chill player meaning i dont run and gun down every dot in the session, but i dont have a problem 'handling my bizzness' when the opportunity presents itself.

Have you ever considered committing suicide when the 'griefer' has you pinned down? Most griefers and wall-breachers are k/d fanatics.... want to grief them back? Kill yourself whenever they are about to kill you (or have you killed).

Im a suicide king and the tears i get for it sometimes is delicious!

Jenna_Taylier

I think its important to remember that many of the worlds griefers tend to target lower ranked and less experienced GTa players. Players who might not have much idea of what is going on or how to react. I'm not trying to teach level 200 players how to suck eggs here.

I am merely fleshing out a guide of griefers and what to expect from them. If I or anyone else can offer advice on how to tackle and combat them then great. I hope a player on the wrong end of some of these people reads this and it helps them enjoy the game more.

Peace out.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 1

wallbreachers imo are not griefers lol

they are wallbreachers. they cant grief unless you let them.

griefers go out of their way to grief.

manitouscott

The Yellow Streaked Scrotumless Kuruma Griefer resides in all geographic locale of SA but is most prevalent in populated urban areas common to free roam war activity. This species relies not on technical offensive prowess or controller skill but on its thick, usually brightly colored shell which emits a $6,000 insurance charge when attacked.

The best way to combat this pest without being exposed to the noxious charge is by luring it into a headlong charge while standing in front of a solid object that the Kuruma may not be smart enough to detect, like a low wall. Then at the last moment, leaping to the side and firing shotgun blasts through the side windows.

You will know the pest has been dispatched when you hear a death cry which sounds something like "How the---" followed by "fxxxin shotty".

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

Victor Strawn

I think it's a worthwhile topic.

Nothing wrong with helping others get an idea of what to expect.

I'm a griefer myself, but I like real trophies.

I Hunt high-level players that have a fighting chance.

In fact, I love to hunt other griefers.

I Think this thread can help new players identify who to avoid.

They need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

Lebowski_RS

The Dexter Griefer

I'm a griefer myself, but I like real trophies.
I Hunt high-level players that have a fighting chance.
In fact, I love to hunt other griefers.

• Like 1

Victor Strawn

Awesome. What a complement. And from the Dude, no less!

Edited by Stolas
  • Like 1

Mattoropael

Solution to apartment campers: Don't ****ing live in Eclipse or Del Perro.

Seriously, they're the most popular apartment buildings because they're the most expensive and cheapest high-ends respectively. What the hell are you expecting other than a 24/7 warzone?