4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LordRaijin

The Unofficial I Love Karen Daniels Thread

spincther

She hasn't been relevant for the last 3 years ffs. basement dwellers smh

saintsrow

This is my favorite thread on this entire website.

Indeed. Karen is an inspiration to us all. :^::colgate:

To the people who are dissin' in our thread, I can only say: Karen - love her, or hate her; there is no friend zone. :p

Rare picture of Karen visiting San Andreas during her college years:

aJ2wXaQ.png

from https://gta-skins.ru/files/cat/6_gta-san-andreas/page342-dateD.html

Mazawattee

Hello friends I have found an excellent mod to show appreciation of Karen Daniels with. I didn't make it by the way.

saintsrow

Hello friends I have found an excellent mod to show appreciation of Karen Daniels with. I didn't make it by the way.

Wooo hooo ! Sexxxxyy :colgate: Thanks for the link!

Jimbatron

Karen was missed in the generally excellent DD Heist. I'm hoping the character gets a more expansive role in VI.

The Spook

I'd have killed her if I had the chance.

All cause of how she did my boy Niko.

I can't stand Michelle/Karen/ whatever her name is.

Hurst.

This is my favorite thread on this entire website.

Indeed. Karen is an inspiration to us all. :^::colgate:

To the people who are dissin' in our thread, I can only say: Karen - love her, or hate her; there is no friend zone. :p

Rare picture of Karen visiting San Andreas during her college years:

aJ2wXaQ.png

from https://gta-skins.ru/files/cat/6_gta-san-andreas/page342-dateD.html

Looks like Will Smith behind.

This is a f*ckin' weird thread.

Lioshenka

She is probably the biggest reason I hate Niko.

Granted, there are many negative sides about him, but the way he acted when Michelle revealed her true identity was disgraceful.

I actually fell in love with her - she was pretty, smart, dressed smartly, and generally stood out of the rest of the degenerate or ugly gfs that you could have throughout the series. And then Niko calls her very hurtful things, despite the fact that she came clean and was honest with him.

I think this has greatly affected her character development, as she has realised that even the nicest of the criminals is still a criminal who only think of himself, thus explaining why she is now in that torturing sh*t - which i can't blame her for.

Jimbatron

^ to be fair, she did shag him just to get information on organised crime. I like the Karen character but I'd have been less than impressed if I'd been in Nikos shoes.

saintsrow
Posted (edited)

^ to be fair, she did shag him just to get information on organised crime. I like the Karen character but I'd have been less than impressed if I'd been in Nikos shoes.

Yes, indeed, as people said earlier in this thread, Karen was working under a condition of coercion by the IAA, so it wasn't her choice. Broken hearts and betrayal are standard collateral damage in the spy business. Niko needs to realize that his criminal actions have consequences.

Niko has to get over it and move on. His best choice is to let Roman get dusted at his wedding, and go shack up with Kate McReary, a good girl, in a nice cottage out in the country. Maybe turn his life around, find some New Country redemption.

Edited by saintsrow

PeterParkerHUMANSPIDER

Niko since discovering this thread

Pl-pQyqPRk-tT0DrTY1AJg_0_0.jpg​

XMPE2C_qlEG-aaA9J8Qk6g_0_0.jpg

Be careful OP ..

Hurst.

Weird perverts.

Kushology

Weird perverts.

Thank you. :inlove:

saintsrow

Given all the life lessons that Niko must have experienced, in his rough, wartime Eastern European upbringing, he should have known by now that there's no free lunch.

ThatKyloRenGuy

I agree! Karen Daniels is quite hot! :D However, I think she’s much hotter in GTA 4 than in 5 based on the fact that her eyes are darker just like her hair. However, I think it would’ve been better if she was a mob seductress because I think she could definitely do that just as good as being a secret agent, if not even better. Oh well, no video game is perfect..

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

Still believe they blew a big opportunity to have her in doomsday. Not that I have anything against the other character, hopefully she comes back lol

Rykjeklut

A whole new forum, and yet, this remains.

Boggles the mind really.

Nick1020

Still amazed no one from this forum hasn’t made a SFM animation of her yet. 

PetrolCB

This thread is still a thing?

saintsrow
On 6/8/2018 at 8:11 AM, Rykjeklut said:

A whole new forum, and yet, this remains.

Boggles the mind really.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:20 AM, PetrolCB said:

This thread is still a thing?

You guys keep dissin' our dear Karen, she's gonna come by and show you her flashlight.  😛

You'll know it, when you see the shadow puppets.  

Lance Mayhem
Posted (edited)

Ack!

I've caught up with the thread, and saintsrow's story isn't yet concluded!

I need to know how she got back in good standing with the Agency!

Yes, *NEED* to know!

I'm taking all of this as legitimate canon. 

I'm really enjoying your writing, saintsrow. Please don't interpret this as me trying to rush your work.

_____

_____

To address those who are mad at Karen (Michelle) about the whole Niko thing:

Karen's loyalty, before meeting Niko, was to the Agency. Niko was an asset to be exploited, not a lover upon whom she turned. 

To accuse her of infidelity would be akin to referring to Benny Arnold as an American traitor, rather than a British patriot: Loyalties did not change. They were misinterpreted, only to be revealed later.

And, no, it's not because I'm a Niko-hater. 

I like the big Slavic lug. Unlike the protagonists of GTAV, his motivation was not to become top of the underworld heap.

It was pure revenge. 

If Roman's gambling hadn't been such a problem, Niko would probably just have driven a cab while trying to ferret out those responsible for the death of his comrades. 

Well, maybe. 

Anyway, I like Niko, and I don't have a problem with Karen. 

But really, Niko...I made her for a cop when I saw you visit her apartment that first time. And the questions she asked you in the car whenever you went out? Come on, man, what were you thinking?

That must have been some really strong 'hot coffee'...

Now, go on back to Kiki. She's crazy about you, and is probably wondering where you are. *

_____

_____

Uh, speaking of Kiki, saintsrow...do you have any idea how she's doing here days? Has her law career taken her to Los Santos, maybe?

In conclusion (for this post, anyway), I'll confess that I don't really get the Karen fascination. Sure it was nice to stand behind her and watch her bowl and play pool, I'll grant you that. But this 'attraction' thing...it's just unhealthy. 

I mean, it's nothing like my perfectly natural feelings for Kiki, which are completely normal and not at all creepy.

You must realize that, right?

Right?

*Actually crazy, in fact. And probably knows exactly where you are. Run, Niko. Either back to her, or far away, but run.

Edited by Lance Mayhem

saintsrow
On 6/29/2018 at 7:10 PM, Lance Mayhem said:

Ack!

I've caught up with the thread, and saintsrow's story isn't yet concluded!

I need to know how she got back in good standing with the Agency!

Yes, *NEED* to know!

I'm taking all of this as legitimate canon. 

I'm really enjoying your writing, saintsrow. Please don't interpret this as me trying to rush your work.

_____

_____

To address those who are mad at Karen (Michelle) about the whole Niko thing:

Karen's loyalty, before meeting Niko, was to the Agency. Niko was an asset to be exploited, not a lover upon whom she turned. 

To accuse her of infidelity would be akin to referring to Benny Arnold as an American traitor, rather than a British patriot: Loyalties did not change. They were misinterpreted, only to be revealed later.

And, no, it's not because I'm a Niko-hater. 

I like the big Slavic lug. Unlike the protagonists of GTAV, his motivation was not to become top of the underworld heap.

It was pure revenge. 

If Roman's gambling hadn't been such a problem, Niko would probably just have driven a cab while trying to ferret out those responsible for the death of his comrades. 

Well, maybe. 

Anyway, I like Niko, and I don't have a problem with Karen. 

But really, Niko...I made her for a cop when I saw you visit her apartment that first time. And the questions she asked you in the car whenever you went out? Come on, man, what were you thinking?

That must have been some really strong 'hot coffee'...

Now, go on back to Kiki. She's crazy about you, and is probably wondering where you are. *

_____

_____

Uh, speaking of Kiki, saintsrow...do you have any idea how she's doing here days? Has her law career taken her to Los Santos, maybe?

In conclusion (for this post, anyway), I'll confess that I don't really get the Karen fascination. Sure it was nice to stand behind her and watch her bowl and play pool, I'll grant you that. But this 'attraction' thing...it's just unhealthy. 

I mean, it's nothing like my perfectly natural feelings for Kiki, which are completely normal and not at all creepy.

You must realize that, right?

Right?

*Actually crazy, in fact. And probably knows exactly where you are. Run, Niko. Either back to her, or far away, but run.

Thank you for your incisive and insightful observations! 

Writers live for wonderful readers like you; this brings a tear of joy to my eye ☺️ 

GqXtSfa.png

I do plan to finish this story for Karen, and it will be legitimate canon, indeed.  I have the next couple of chapters already drafted, just waiting for me to flesh out an important scene, so the story can progress.  

Very sorry for the long, long delay.  Twitter is to blame.  (And a few double $$ GTA weekends.)

Thanks again for your interest in Karen's story.  She moves something in all of us.  You have your Kiki, we have our Karen; it's AAALLLL good.  👍

saintsrow
On 6/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, TheRipperOfLagoZancudo said:

Still believe they blew a big opportunity to have her in doomsday. Not that I have anything against the other character, hopefully she comes back lol

I agree.  I'm expecting that Rockstar is saving Karen to be a key mission giver in an even bigger GTA0 DLC - something complex, and exciting. 

The fact that Rockstar brought her character back from GTA IV to GTAV is an indication that they see the value of this great character!  I love her voice acting, and she deserves some excellent dialog, and situations that really let her go all out!  

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)

I was always curious since GTA IV came out if the names Karen/Michelle which Rockstar picked for her are another nod to Goodfellas (Karen Hill) and Scarface (Michelle Pfeiffer)

Rockstar often seems to find a way to reference those movies in the GTA games, especially in Vice City(my personal favorite GTA) where a guy voiced by Ray Liotta and dressed up as Tony Montana is taking over the city.

Edited by Arnold Stallone

Ryhan'ZFX

To be honest here, everyone gotta agree that she's the hottest lady in the whole HD universe 😍, she's way hotter than in IV (well cuz IV engine sucks) 

On 7/26/2018 at 8:52 AM, saintsrow said:

I agree.  I'm expecting that Rockstar is saving Karen to be a key mission giver in an even bigger GTA0 DLC - something complex, and exciting. 

The fact that Rockstar brought her character back from GTA IV to GTAV is an indication that they see the value of this great character!  I love her voice acting, and she deserves some excellent dialog, and situations that really let her go all out!  

Yes! Totally agree, i can see that by just looking at her hairclip (which also she wear in IV, i mean what with this detail anyway?) maybe this is Rockstar indication for plan for making her something big in GTA, maybe a future protagonist with a storyline invovlving Niko again or something else that may surprise us! Who knows?