GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Have you ever been spawn killed by the game?

Jenna_Taylier

Last night I stole a Lazer from the military base.

I am not a very good pilot but I managed to evade the missiles by flying straight upwards.

Little did I know that the game had sent a game controlled NPC Lazer after me, so as I approached the airfield by the lake I heard the beeping sound of an incoming missile and I blew up.

I then spawned and saw the Lazer circling me at a very slow speed. It then fired another missile at me and killed me.

It did this 5 times, each time I tried to run away but it got me.

On the sixth time I heard an explosion as I re-spawned and the Lazer was gone.

There was no player dot on the map at anytime during this so even if someone was off the radar the time between me leaving the military base and my last death was longer than the time allowed. Also, you can't target lock players on foot with Lazer missiles I don't think.

Has anyone else had an experience of the game being a douche to them in online Free Roam mode?

I must stress that the GAME was controlling the Lazer NOT a player!

Yes, I've had this happen to me as well. I gave up 10 kills to that jet lol

Spawn killed by the game? hmmm yeah, traffic can be a real bitch ya know? Can't tell you how many times I've been run over after spawning.

Especially since the superior game game design always parks your PV on the opposite side of the freeway from your spawn location, so you can play a quick game of Frogger trying to get to it. :p

o_Marvelous

The jet has spawn raped me once yes. Was quite weird I was like is...this really happening? o.o

Aside from that, I've been killed by speeding cops as I spawn a few times. Spawn, turn around cop car mid jump takes off my head xD

Captain Sensib1e

Spawn killed by the game? hmmm yeah, traffic can be a real bitch ya know? Can't tell you how many times I've been run over after spawning.

Especially since the superior game game design always parks your PV on the opposite side of the freeway from your spawn location, so you can play a quick game of Frogger trying to get to it. :p

But you don't get any extra RP for highway Frogger in GTA :(

Yup, to OP, I've been spawn killed by those damned Lazers as well!

Survivor missions are the worst when they spawn behind your back.

Or if you pick a fight with cops in free roam, the game will wait for you to detonate your stickies before spawning two dozen wave 10 SWAT red dots after you.

Followed by random NPCs in their vehicles going postal and coming after you. Usually end up shooting at you if they're hicks or if you're in the hood areas. I usually get this happen and NPC bounties after stealing over a dozen cars or so in free roam.

Edited by PkUnzipper

Last night I stole a Lazer from the military base.

I am not a very good pilot but I managed to evade the missiles by flying straight upwards.

Little did I know that the game had sent a game controlled NPC Lazer after me, so as I approached the airfield by the lake I heard the beeping sound of an incoming missile and I blew up.

I then spawned and saw the Lazer circling me at a very slow speed. It then fired another missile at me and killed me.

It did this 5 times, each time I tried to run away but it got me.

On the sixth time I heard an explosion as I re-spawned and the Lazer was gone.

There was no player dot on the map at anytime during this so even if someone was off the radar the time between me leaving the military base and my last death was longer than the time allowed. Also, you can't target lock players on foot with Lazer missiles I don't think.

Has anyone else had an experience of the game being a douche to them in online Free Roam mode?

I must stress that the GAME was controlling the Lazer NOT a player!

Some time after posting to this thread earlier today, I actually encountered something very similar to this. After accidentally blasting through Zancudo in my Hydra, I got a jet on my tail and killed myself by running into a police chopper nearby.

When I respawned, the Lazer continued to follow and circle me but interestingly did not open fire on me. I tried getting a wanted level, but this did not cause it to attack me. Amusingly, when I had an NPC aggro on me and turn into a red dot on my map, the Lazer immediately rolled in and instantly killed him with its cannons, the resulting chain explosion on the highway also killing me right after I saw the jet fly by. It continued to circle me without attacking, until eventually flying off on its own.

Next test is to try to get myself another pet jet, and see if I can get it to attack other players...

• 3 weeks later...
Jenna_Taylier

It's one of the craziest things that can happen in the game.

There needs to be more of this type of thing though. Like the nutter NPC's that chase you. If you are out in the desert and they come after you they chase you for miles.

I normally get spawn killed by enemies with minguns during gang attacks. Especially at the Grand Senora Airstrip where you respawn literally in an area with no cover.

The Lone Wanderer

one does not enter fort zancudo without ones insurgent

PS4: xela-2012 blank requests are deleted

UK time, usually play between 12 noon and 3 am for a few hours

No, I do not want to join your crew

I also use 2 other accounts for 6 characters

Levels: 120, 120, 107, 101, 190, 190 approx

Have completed mastermind 3 times with no failures

yes various times, then i start to kill the guy who did it till he leave the lobby crying

You obviously didn't read the title properly.

fullxthrottle94

I was flying my swift n got blown up when I spawned the blown up helicopter falls on me n kills me again