2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Have you ever been spawn killed by the game?

Jenna_Taylier

Jenna_Taylier

Last night I stole a Lazer from the military base.

I am not a very good pilot but I managed to evade the missiles by flying straight upwards.

Little did I know that the game had sent a game controlled NPC Lazer after me, so as I approached the airfield by the lake I heard the beeping sound of an incoming missile and I blew up.

I then spawned and saw the Lazer circling me at a very slow speed. It then fired another missile at me and killed me.

It did this 5 times, each time I tried to run away but it got me.

On the sixth time I heard an explosion as I re-spawned and the Lazer was gone.

There was no player dot on the map at anytime during this so even if someone was off the radar the time between me leaving the military base and my last death was longer than the time allowed. Also, you can't target lock players on foot with Lazer missiles I don't think.

Has anyone else had an experience of the game being a douche to them in online Free Roam mode?

I must stress that the GAME was controlling the Lazer NOT a player!

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 4

CarimboHanky

not really, 4 times is the most i have been killed by a jet griefer, tank griefer(back in the day), etc etc

on the other hand i have spawnkilled a lot of people on the ground and with the jet.

Rumbunctious

Always ring Lester to have the Cops turn Blind Eye before getting the lazer lol

Edited by Mockingbae

yes, that happens from time to time. one of the few things that are quite cool about gta:o

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Getting killed by AI Lazers when on the ground is the most terrifying sensation one can have in the game, unlike most jet griefers the f*cking AI just shoots a short millisecond burst of explosive rounds to kill you, you see it coming, slowly banking left/right, ever so slowly coming right at you, you have this sort of cautious optimism that it will just fly off and then just like that you see your life flash before your eyes as the incoming explosive rounds shred your body to pieces.

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 4

Shadowfennekin

Yeah...... team deathmatch was the type of deathmatch. It even showed us all on teams on the character screen.

But it started and....... everyone is a red dot? Oh no...... BAM BAM BAM BAM each time I died I respawned by my "team" and got killed again. Couldn't pull up my phone or Start fast enough so I turned off the Xbox

I spawn kill myself from time to time just to show myself who's boss. Sometimes my car will spawn somewhere awkward and I'll jump to it commiting suicide over and over instead of walking like a civilised well adjusted character

gizmonomono

I spawn kill myself from time to time just to show myself who's boss. Sometimes my car will spawn somewhere awkward and I'll jump to it commiting suicide over and over instead of walking like a civilised well adjusted character

Cocaine's a hell of a drug :D

Last night I stole a Lazer from the military base.

I am not a very good pilot but I managed to evade the missiles by flying straight upwards.

Little did I know that the game had sent a game controlled NPC Lazer after me, so as I approached the airfield by the lake I heard the beeping sound of an incoming missile and I blew up.

I then spawned and saw the Lazer circling me at a very slow speed. It then fired another missile at me and killed me.

It did this 5 times, each time I tried to run away but it got me.

On the sixth time I heard an explosion as I re-spawned and the Lazer was gone.

There was no player dot on the map at anytime during this so even if someone was off the radar the time between me leaving the military base and my last death was longer than the time allowed. Also, you can't target lock players on foot with Lazer missiles I don't think.

Has anyone else had an experience of the game being a douche to them in online Free Roam mode?

I must stress that the GAME was controlling the Lazer NOT a player!

Welcome back to 2013.

MRM95Jb.png

I've been spawn killed by an ai jet (I like to fly peacefully a jet not an airplane)

Edited by deadx23

Sky_Light12

when the griefing gone wrong , my griefing " chariot " ( rhino tank ) turned aganist me after the passive mode hijacked me while i tried to hit him with the muzzle . but good thing the " minus " was temporary thanks to sherrif's effort

How did you manage to spell dunno and somewhere wrong??

And a Pegasus vehicle would get you somewhere faster.

My bad,was on mobile and I have big ass thumbs :p

Not everyone owns a Pegasus vehicle,what if OP pressed on the wrong Pegasus vehicle by accident?

Edited by VikDarkbomb

i had a similar thing happen to me. after i was shot down the same npc jet griefed me several times and kept blowing me up with rockets it didn't stop until i restarted the session. My crew just stood there watching me get blown up seemingly out of nowhere. It was funny for a while but soon became tedious.

Edited by cipher656

When a NPC lazer is chasing you it's not like the cops, it doesn't want your stars, it wants your dignity.

Now look at you.

Jenna_Taylier

I'm glad its not just me this happened to, it seems the game has the potential to pull a few surprises on us even almost two years after we started playing.

Im Ricky I Win

I've had the jet follow me into the city and keep killing me near eclipse towers and people would get close to me and the jet would kill them too, it was hilarious hearing people's reactions, that pilot is on some serious kind of focus pill, swoops down and shoots the cannon once or twice and your dead, nothing you can do at all haha.

DentureDynamite

Yup; hasn't happened to me, but did happen to Xpertthief quite a while back during one of his videos...in his case, he was killed three times by the NPC Lazer (IIRC).

Pretty much hunted him down, too. Can't remember if he finally took it out with a mini-gun or sniped the NPC pilot (which he has done in the past).

Just another of R*'s tacky ways to vent their epic anti-cheat fail on their gaming community.

The random lady, or horde of Ballers near the gas station that suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start shooting at you when you're busy holding up the store is another.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Red Lynx 23

Yup; hasn't happened to me, but did happen to Xpertthief quite a while back during one of his videos...in his case, he was killed three times by the NPC Lazer (IIRC).

Pretty much hunted him down, too. Can't remember if he finally took it out with a mini-gun or sniped the NPC pilot (which he has done in the past).

Just another of R*'s tacky ways to vent their epic anti-cheat fail on their gaming community.

The random lady, or horde of Ballers near the gas station that suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start shooting at you when you're busy holding up the store is another.

It took itself out by crashing into two palm trees.

iveb een hit by more npc cars when starting the game up online than ide like to admit.

Yeah the old black Sentinel xs driver got me down by some guy that

told me to keep my mouth shut... georgie?, Jerry?...

Never took that ride into LSC, I wonder how much that one was worth...

It did have a thumping sound system.

had the same thing happen to me a few times. One time the ai lazer was flying away from me and fires a missile, it made a friggin U turn and blew me up. i was feeling so helpless being devastated by it over and over. lol that was on last get, cant say i've had it happen on ps4 yet tho.

Getting killed by AI Lazers when on the ground is the most terrifying sensation one can have in the game, unlike most jet griefers the f*cking AI just shoots a short millisecond burst of explosive rounds to kill you, you see it coming, slowly banking left/right, ever so slowly coming right at you, you have this sort of cautious optimism that it will just fly off and then just like that you see your life flash before your eyes as the incoming explosive rounds shred your body to pieces.

This description reminds me of the Tornado attack choppers from Saints Row 2, which would appear and fire one-hit-kill homing missiles at you immediately after firing a quick burst from the chin turret. As soon as you heard that cannon fire or saw the chopper stabilize itself and look at you, you knew you had only seconds to live if you didn't find cover, and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've had in an open world game.

Haven't been chased by a jet like this in GTAO yet, but since I usually fire off quick cannon bursts and often go off the radar using the jet in free roam, perhaps this gives me an idea of what the people on the ground are experiencing.

Halal Cyborg

Blimey the mods are addicted to deleting posts that break no rules...

Yes this happened to me on a few occasions. It is kinda weird cuz you will hear the jet flying around but I cant always spot them right away then bam your dead lol They are not too smart though and a few sniper shots will usually send them on their way.

RayBanNeonColors420

Spawn killed by the game? hmmm yeah, traffic can be a real bitch ya know? Can't tell you how many times I've been run over after spawning.

Edited by RayBanNeonColors420

Had Spawn Location on Random, I spawned on the mountain north of Fort Zancudo, a jet kept spawn killing me over and over and over to the point where I just stopped playing for a few hours. I didn't even have stars, just a random NPC jet. Invite only session.

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

Mantiger308

Anybody remember grey sentinal dude? Think I got killed by him more times than any other NPC. Getting bowled by him was almost guaranteed if you spawned on the street lol

If you mean by spawn killing...

Spawned into GTAO and took about 5 steps on to the street and got flattened by a Pedestrian going like 90, i dont know why, and i lost $27 for it ;(