GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacifists getting Griefed

Jenna_Taylier

Maibatsu545

CoD actually has a smarter and more respectable player base than the 99% of idiots that play this game.

This is not an exaggeration, I've been online gaming for over 10 years, and GTA Online players are some of the worst, stupidest, rudest petty players I've ever had the misfortune of playing with. Add most of the posters in this section to boot and you've got one hell of a toxic asshole of a community.

• Like 2

gizmonomono

CoD actually has a smarter and more respectable player base than the 99% of idiots that play this game.

This is not an exaggeration, I've been online gaming for over 10 years, and GTA Online players are some of the worst, stupidest, rudest petty players I've ever had the misfortune of playing with. Add most of the posters in this section to boot and you've got one hell of a toxic asshole of a community.

Give those same COD players the freedom a game like Gta has and we'll see how civilised they behave. It's easy to play by the rules when the only rule is kill.

Maibatsu545

Are there more rules in CoD?

I'm not just talking gameplay wise, I'm also talking about on the mic. GTAV makes fun of CoD players talking on the mic with jimmy, but I've encountered far more disrecptful people in GTAO. Something about this game seems to draw in the dumbest most base common denominator.

Edited by Maibatsu545

gizmonomono

I'm not just talking gameplay wise, I'm also talking about on the mic. GTAV makes fun of CoD players talking on the mic with jimmy, but I've encountered far more disrecptful people in GTAO. Something about this game seems to draw in the dumbest most base common denominator.

I was talking about how they behave in game. In COD you have a death match and all you need to do is kill. In Gta you do what ever you want. More options also means more opportunities to mess with people.

As for what people are saying on the mic... honestly, I love it when I run into a trash talking dumbass. They're just fun to mess with :D

If it bothers you what some 14 year old says about your mom or your dick size then just mute the punk. Another example of the game giving you options to customise your experience.

• Like 1

Almost every single game that has been released and will be released bases its "online" function on competitive, PvP gameplay.

Fifa = PvP online mode.

Battlefield = PvP online mode.

Cock of duty = PvP online mode.

The Last Of Us = PvP online mode.

Uncharted = PvP online mode.

Halo = PvP online mode.

Gears Of War = PvP online mode.

Gran Tourismo = PvP online mode.

Need For Speed = PvP online mode.

Tekken = PvP online mode.

Mortal Kombat = PvP online mode.

Street Fighter = PvP online mode.

WWE 2k15 = PvP online mode.

Need For Speed = PvP online mode.

Forza = PvP online mode.

Final Fantasy = PvP online mode.

NBA = PvP online mode.

Command & Conquer = PvP online mode.

Saints Row = PvP online mode.

MGS = PvP online mode.

While this is true, it also suggests how stagnant games development has become, specifically with online multiplayer as a general experience.

PvP is the simplest type of game to implement as it's easy to grasp with basic goals for the player. Works well for a game, I agree. It's also tried and tested, so I can see why a lot of development teams cater specifically to this - they know there's a market for it.

Competitive gameplay takes many forms - see the above examples, spanning many genres - but there are great games where this is not the case... Left 4 Dead's core gameplay, while also being multiplayer, revolves around teamwork... and was praised at the time of release for this reason. It also shook up playing style, so all my friends who like to run-and-gun had a rude awakening and found that it wasn't the right approach for surviving in that particular game. Undeterred by this, they kept playing, so there must have been some appeal in the change this particular game offered. Heists in GTAO should be the same, but all we seem to have is a lot of frustrated players complaining about the conduct of their peers. That's another story, though... ;)

I personally think it'd be nice to see a little more variation in online play across the board. It might also help to have variation so as not to condition an entire generation of gamers into thinking that winning at all costs and insulting every other living being around you for being less "skilled" than you are is all that matters. I've been playing games since the 80s and the amount of fronting, the need to prove oneself and venomous trash-talk that goes on now is far, far more than I ever remembered in games before.

Look I play all games too and been playing GTA from before it was even 3D lol.

It's just this stupid debate among the community here about how this game should be played is so old, boring and stupid. GTAO is a sandbox so we all must expect different players with different mindset to be playing it. Some want to race, some do missions, some like fighting and others like exploring like the OP. It's just why people have to start throwing insults and making judgments here on the forum about how people play the game is dumb.

And it just shows that none of the group's of different players are any better or more mature either in anyway.

I play how I want and personally that's competitive so I like to PvP but I also like co-op so mission/heist are my thing too. If that is a problem for others well it's just that, a problem for them not me.

• Like 1

A Pacifist that held up a store? That's a new one, I suppose you're a responsible driver that went street racing too?

TacoSmuggler

The assumption that players should behave in the same way as in other games is laughable.

In COD and other FPS games you're in a highly competitive team based event. So the general mindset people adopt is to trash-talk the opposition, and to belittle and blame lower-skilled players of your own team if you think they're causing you to lose. The exception is of course when there are clan tournaments etc, I'm talking about general randumbs vs randumbs.

In GTA (freeroam) you're essentially in an all against all environment where anyone could attack and kill you with no warning and for no reason. This causes you to behave a little differently, and the trash talking that comes with it can be from frustration or trying to provoke a response. I'll often start being a dick on voice or chat purely to get people angry and coming after me so I can have a battle.

This is in no way indicative of my personality, intelligence or any of the other things you accuse 'most GTA players' of.

In short, the mindset and thus way in which players behave depends solely on the environment they're in and the style of PvP they're engaging in. The same player you find being abusive on GTA might also be your favourite and well-mannered teammate on COD.

• Like 1

Maybe they should just add the ghostly current gen passive mode to last gen consoles? People who want to explore can explore then, and people who want to fight can fight.

"The Hunter is a four-blade, twin-engine attack helicopter with a top speed of 180mph. Known as the most lethal helicopter in military history, the Hunter is basically a flying tank that can sustain just as much damage as it gives out. Solve that nasty divorce or border dispute in style."

^The Hunter's unused Warstock description. Click here if you'd like to see it return.

We also need more advanced clothing/customization for female characters. Click here to see why, in what way, and what can be done.

Project: Helisexuality. Click me to support.

Maibatsu545

The assumption that players should behave in the same way as in other games is laughable.

In COD and other FPS games you're in a highly competitive team based event. So the general mindset people adopt is to trash-talk the opposition, and to belittle and blame lower-skilled players of your own team if you think they're causing you to lose. The exception is of course when there are clan tournaments etc, I'm talking about general randumbs vs randumbs.

In GTA (freeroam) you're essentially in an all against all environment where anyone could attack and kill you with no warning and for no reason. This causes you to behave a little differently, and the trash talking that comes with it can be from frustration or trying to provoke a response. I'll often start being a dick on voice or chat purely to get people angry and coming after me so I can have a battle.

This is in no way indicative of my personality, intelligence or any of the other things you accuse 'most GTA players' of.

In short, the mindset and thus way in which players behave depends solely on the environment they're in and the style of PvP they're engaging in. The same player you find being abusive on GTA might also be your favourite and well-mannered teammate on COD.

Actually, it's pretty damn good indicator.

Because in a game where you can do almost anything it makes sense the first to do would be an asshole to people. Oh wait that makes no sense.

GTA has the worst player base I've ever had the misfortune of playing with. That's why I mostly play with people on my friends list, which is what people say when you point out how despicable 99.9% of GTA Online players are.

But do continue to do mental gymnastics to justify being a prick to people online. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Edited by Maibatsu545

Because in a game where you can do almost anything it makes sense the first to do would be an asshole to people. Oh wait that makes no sense.

GTA has the worst player base I've ever had the misfortune of playing with. That's why I mostly play with people on my friends list, which is what people say when you point out how despicable 99.9% of GTA Online players are.

But do continue to do mental gymnastics to justify being a prick to people online. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not sure where you've been the last century, but even science proves people can and will act differently depending on their environment.

Essentially, based on your flawed logic, if I run over some AFK player in GTA, then I must also be the type of person to push guardians off the Reef in Destiny. That simply isn't the case.

Edited by Fox2Quick
  • Like 1

Captain Sensib1e

It's because GTAO is so popular and accessible, attracts all types of not too bright or mature demographics. It attracts the yolo swag gansta squeaker wannabee types. And lets face it R* caters to them.

On the other hand, a game like CoD or especially Battlefield on PC attract a more dedicated, more mature, dare I say brighter audience. LOL I've never even heard of a "griefer" on Battlefield, only came across that term and those types of players on GTAO, and thats a much more competitive and intense game than GTAO. Seriously, these nerd ragers on GTAO are hilarious.

Edited by Captain Sensib1e
  • Like 2

Maibatsu545

Not sure where you've been the last century, but even science proves people can and will act differently depending on their environment.

Essentially, based on your flawed logic, if I run over some AFK player in GTA, then I must also be the type of person to push guardians off the Reef in Destiny. That simply isn't the case.

This is a stupid exaggeration of what I said. Use your brain and try to understand context. I'm talking about the repeated spawn killing and general sociopathic behavior displayed by the moronic players in this game. The fact that you replied with such a stupid and combatative response only serves to highlight this.

TacoSmuggler

Blah blah blah.

I too have been playing online games for as long as you, from being the rubbish team-mate on CS 1.6 that always ran in and died first, to leading PvP guilds in 200v200 wars in MMOs. I've seen every type of player, and at some point been almost every type of player.

You can think what you like, and assume the GTA players are the worst. It really doesn't matter, gaming communities emulate real life and have both good and bad points. If you're too narrow minded to see that then you should perhaps remove your head from the rectal passage it's currently residing in.

• Like 2

Blah blah blah.

I too have been playing online games for as long as you, from being the rubbish team-mate on CS 1.6 that always ran in and died first, to leading PvP guilds in 200v200 wars in MMOs. I've seen every type of player, and at some point been almost every type of player.

You can think what you like, and assume the GTA players are the worst. It really doesn't matter, gaming communities emulate real life and have both good and bad points. If you're too narrow minded to see that then you should perhaps remove your head from the rectal passage it's currently residing in.

QFT

Look, if you join a public lobby you should expect to be followed, harassed and spawn killed. Hey, I’m a pacifist in real life but if I’m playing GTA every random that crosses my path will probably be killed on sight. If you want to explore the map go to an invite only session. If you need protection join a decent crew and make friends that can shoot. Eventually you’ll have to learn how to fight and you’ll end up engaging in the same sort of behavior that currently seems so deplorable.

Jenna_Taylier

It would be awesome if I could join an in-game NPC gang, then if I got griefed by a greifer that whole gang would have that players card marked and would hound them across the map.

Or, I should be able to report that player to the police and THEY could hound them across the map!

It would be awesome if I could join an in-game NPC gang, then if I got griefed by a greifer that whole gang would have that players card marked and would hound them across the map.

Or, I should be able to report that player to the police and THEY could hound them across the map!

Couple things:

You seem to be acknowledging no difference between greifing and killing. Killing someone isn't greifing, killing them repeatedly on spawn is. Flying around in a heli with cops on in hopes you can get the cops on someone else isn't even greifing so much as trolling.

You CAN call the police and they'll come to you're area. If the other player IS greifing you, they'll still be in the area and cops will most likely go after them.

You can also call Merryweather for NPC backup.

[snip]

..., gaming communities emulate real life and have both good and bad points.

Excuse me, sorry, can you tell me where I might find a GTA0 player with those good points? I've been playing two years and I'm still looking :p

If you want to enjoy the scenery that R* "created", go to LA. They didn't create anything, they copied it.

Would most likely get griefed there too, however with no respawning...

If you want to enjoy the scenery that R* "created", go to LA. They didn't create anything, they copied it.

Yeah but the odds are much more in your favor with the lack of explosives, tanks, armed vehicles,jets, not every pedestrian has a firearm, cops don't shoot till at least a 2 star wanted level, and general automobiles and aircraft falling from the sky.

Plus there's wildlife.

xTOMMYTROJANx

Yeah but the odds are much more in your favor with the lack of explosives, tanks, armed vehicles,jets, not every pedestrian has a firearm, cops don't shoot till at least a 2 star wanted level, and general automobiles and aircraft falling from the sky.

Plus there's wildlife.

I live here so I'm going to say take out tanks, armed vehicles and jets. The cops will shot you if you make the wrong move. Every day its breaking news with an officer involved shooting. A aircraft just fell out of the skies on saturday and blew up someones house. No automobiles falling from the skies. That would be new and unusual.

FireBallz21

I thought everyone knew that you could not "explore" in a random session. There will always be a f*ckhead that will ruin it all.

xTOMMYTROJANx

I thought everyone knew that you could not "explore" in a random session. There will always be a f*ckhead that will ruin it all.

More than welcome to explore on passive

Hey,

It's been a while since I posted but I was wondering if anyone else has seen an alarming rise in other players griefing Pacifists such as myself?

For example:

Last night I was exploring the countryside and popped into a shop to try and hold it up. However, a griefer in a Buzzard with 5 stars came and hovered over the shop bringing ground level FBI and SWAT with him. There were literally hundreds of law enforcement officials frantically swarming all over the place.

I tried to leave the area but the griefer just followed me. Never attacking me in person but making sure that the level 5 cops were all around me.

I only had to bump into a SWAT NPC and they opened fire on me. I'd re-spawn and the Griefer would hover over me again.

I have had this happen 5 times in the past week alone.

I am a pacifist and would never knowingly harm another GTA Player in GTA Online Freeroam so why am I being targeted?

Peace out.

there is a very simple way to look at free roam in any form, fa, aa, whatever.

think of freeroam as one big snowball fight. a big, nasty, loud snowball fight with the angry kid down the street.

if you take this mentality, youll never get upset from dying again.

i should also mention. there are no "pacifists" in free roam, only targets.

TacoSmuggler

[snip]

..., gaming communities emulate real life and have both good and bad points.

Excuse me, sorry, can you tell me where I might find a GTA0 player with those good points? I've been playing two years and I'm still looking :p

I've met plenty of nice players and helpful ones. Also speaking for myself, I've seen people on the receiving end of a griefer and gone out of my way to help them.

Again, depends on the situation... if I enter a lobby and there is a red jet spawn killing people, I'll get a jet take him out and spawn kill him whilst leaving everyone else alone.

Whether it's trying to get a full lobby of non-passive players into a coach, everyone going to mount chilliad then racing somewhere. There are loads of less-hostile players about if you make an effort.

I hate pacifists. I purposely hunt the rural parts of GTA online for that reason. Heck after reading that post I would personally go out of my way to kill the OP too. Ugh

Maibatsu545

Blah blah blah.

You are perfect example of the stupid, unnescarily hostile player base. Thanks for proving my point by acting like an asshole.