2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacifists getting Griefed

Jenna_Taylier

Jenna_Taylier

Hey,

It's been a while since I posted but I was wondering if anyone else has seen an alarming rise in other players griefing Pacifists such as myself?

For example:

Last night I was exploring the countryside and popped into a shop to try and hold it up. However, a griefer in a Buzzard with 5 stars came and hovered over the shop bringing ground level FBI and SWAT with him. There were literally hundreds of law enforcement officials frantically swarming all over the place.

I tried to leave the area but the griefer just followed me. Never attacking me in person but making sure that the level 5 cops were all around me.

I only had to bump into a SWAT NPC and they opened fire on me. I'd re-spawn and the Griefer would hover over me again.

I have had this happen 5 times in the past week alone.

I am a pacifist and would never knowingly harm another GTA Player in GTA Online Freeroam so why am I being targeted?

Peace out.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier
  • Like 3

Because is the only way they have to ruin your experience without using mods, and ruining other's experiences is the main fun of many as you can see.

Edit. In fact, many of those just read these complaints and thought "what a great idea! I'm gonna try today". Heck, I did it myself...

Edited by miaumiau1

gizmonomono

Are you a girl? There's your problem :D

He want's to make friends

Halal Cyborg

This will turn into an argument and steez will definitely post that you should go to invite only...although you're a girl so he might not...certainly some white knights will appear though...I am on your side though on this one although I might argue holding up a store isn't the most peaceful action on your part lol

Jenna_Taylier

I've also been sniped from the mountain tops.

I was in the town to the north, exploring, when bam! Dead.

I look on the map and their is a griefer on the mountainside in a helicopter. I escape into the country side and the griefer follows, popping the wheels or my car from an incredible distance away sending me into a spin.

I am only kind to other players and just want to explore in free mode.

There should be a bodyguard you can hire like Merryweather who will hunt down and kill any greifers.

A bit like that Hudson superhero from GTA 4?

whenever you just want to explore places alone the best thing to do is go to a private lobby

• Like 6

Jenna_Taylier

I have tried invite only but there are no other players on there. It ruins the experience of meeting other players to explore with just like the greifers ruin it when I try to go jet skiing and blow me up with gunship rockets.

TacoSmuggler

There should be a bodyguard you can hire like Merryweather who will hunt down and kill any greifers.

A bit like that Hudson superhero from GTA 4?

Find a fairly active crew (NOT IGN/RDR etc, they're full of idiots) or make some friends to play with and you'll get back up.

• Like 3

Jenna_Taylier

The problem is that when I go into Pacifist mode so I can't be got, they wait till I get into a car and then kill me.

R* should make it so you can't be got in a car when in Pacifist mode I think.

Shadowfennekin

Easy way to deal with him.

1. Easy Way out to lose the cops or pay Lester

2. Snipe him out or shoot the thing with the Heavy Sniper until it goes boom, or scare him off with Homing Launcher(Don't have to fire, he'll probably run as soon as he hears the beep)

Maybe the next dlc will have rainbows and unicorns. Oh ans instead of bullets we will shoot puffs of cotton candy at each other!

Gtfo

• Like 3

Passive mode works better in ps4/xbone/pc, you are like a ghost and your car also if you are inside it. If you have access to any of those platforms and don't mind about the money, I suggest you to give it a try.

Jenna_Taylier

1: The cops are after the buzzard flying griefer and he follows me if I run.

2: The minute I aim a weapon the SWAT team smoke me like a kipper.

Are you on last gen? On current gen and PC passive mode does work while you're in a vehicle. Well, except for that ludicrious golden plane and chopper (IGG). Of course, this won't help much if they're setting the cops on you...

Apart from passive your only options are solo / invite only, playing with friends / crew only, or switch lobbies. Or fight back.

We have this very same argument about once a week or so and it never goes anywhere, just going around in circles. Both parties just keep talking next to each other ("this isn't the sims" vs. "this isn't call of doody") and a week later a new thread is made about the same thing.

I hate to be dismissive but I'm afraid you'll have to make due with the limited options given by R*. It is what it is. Some people just want to watch the world burn and one way or another you'll have to find a way to deal with it.

Edited by Procopius
  • Like 3

Jenna_Taylier

Joking aside I would like some Pacifist DLC.

A horse to ride around on and maybe a cat that follows you that can't be shot.

• Like 2

Passive mode.

When did they implement this feature????

Btw I havent seen one actual self proclaimed pacifist acknowledge that they are hypocrites to boot. They want to kill without repercussions is all.

• Like 1

its a GTA game, no such thing as pacifists, sorry. If you're in free-roam its going happen, either deal with them or join a crew who can have your back. It sounds like you would be better in an invite only lobby anyways...

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

I can't afford a PS4. :barf:

you dont have to be where other players are its a huge map. You are going to get no where with this topic. There are options at your disposal that you can use. Its clear from your rebuttals that you want a change but here is the wrong place to seek it. This is a fan site. You can send your complaint to

[email protected]

You may or may not get your wish but complaining here is a waste of your time.

This topic has been beat into oblivion.

Edited by TreFacTor

hotline.n.w.refn

Joking aside I would like some Pacifist DLC.

A horse to ride around on and maybe a cat that follows you that can't be shot.

I heard you can ride horses in Red Dead Redemption. I heard there's cats following you too, sometimes, but you probably won't like them.

Edited by hotline.n.w.refn
  • Like 4

That's griefing? I do stuff like that occasionally but I'm not trying to piss people off, it's just because I think it's funny and hope that they do too. For me one of the great joys of multiplayer GTA is the way other players drag chaos around with them in different ways. Walking out of a store into a massive police chase never gets old.

• Like 2

HaRdSTyLe_83

your fault..

Homing missile would solve your problem

Jenna_Taylier

I'm note really moaning as such, I'm just saying I noticed a rise in people going out of their way to come and grief me with different methods when I am as far from the other players in freemode as I can get. I don't hang out near them or anything. Its like they are bored killing people who will kill them back and come looking for pacifists such as me.

They smoke me like a kipper.

Edited by Jenna_Taylier

I'm note really moaning as such, I'm just saying I noticed a rise in people going out of their way to come and grief me with different methods when I am as far from the other players in freemode as I can get. I don't hang out near them or anything. Its like they are bored killing people who will kill them back and come looking for pacifists such as me.

Did you just get the game? This has been a thing since oct 2013 its not new or on the rise as a matter of fact it was worse in the beginning because of fire trucks...thats right, fire trucks. Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 1