3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

I love this game, GTA V

FranklinsIron

FranklinsIron

There is some thing's I don't like, such as properties can't be bought on SP (they couldn't on GTA IV either), should of been more missions (imo) and side things to do with friends could have had more variance, but I have confidence this will all be rectified and was kept for the future DLC (that's another topic).

This is one of the greatest games ever made hence its the only game I've registered to a forum for just to be kept in the loop. I play it everyday, regardless. And that's just single player, hardly been online, have t even done heists yet.

I've seen so much bitterness and resentment for this game, there are obviously positive things for every single person on this forum, otherwise you wouldn't have signed to a forum to talk about it. I wanted to give some positive feedback on such an immense game. Personal preference wise, everyone will wish something else was added or changed etc

If I never played this game and had a look on this forum for feedback, I'd believe it was the worst game ever f*cking made.

*Just remembered there is an appreciation thread, apologies.*

Edited by SirBurka_

Same here, I only play SP and do it every day. I have some thing I don't like like the map being too small but it's OK because the rest is great.

• Like 2

This is one of the greatest games ever made.

Nope. I totally disagree.

At first, I was of the same opinion but mm... No.

Over the months, I have realized the game very much disappointed me and doesn't deserve the millions of dollars, rather the game split the series into two; garbage online that completely overpowered a single player title due to increasing focus.

I don't really see anything interesting in V outside graphics. For the most part, previous games are STILL better in addressing to many things V simply offered with no major improvements/changes.

The whole point of playing any game is to build a sort of connection that would offer enough motivation to consider playing for years to come.

V, not by much. In fact, nothing at all. The story mode is actually just your average COD crap to pass some time, mainly with friends ONLINE!

Since I tend to play only single player. V quickly lost its appeal.

This is one of the greatest games ever made, in my opinion.

FTFY. I did that so I wouldn't have to argue with you.

FranklinsIron

This is one of the greatest games ever made, in my opinion.

FTFY. I did that so I wouldn't have to argue with you.

I did that, to show its just opinion and I'm not deluded to the fact my say is superior.

• Like 3

That's blasphemy in this place, OP. Unless you start burning sage and shouting what a terrible game GTA V is, you're going to start receiving a lot of death threats.

happygrowls

You aren't allowed to like GTA V, it's against the made up rules of GTAForums.

If you like GTA V, f*ck you we'll derail the thread.

Fuzzknuckles

I played V for the first time in a few weeks last night and found myself still doing things I'd never done before. Last night's invented mini-game was "How may cars can I flip with a digger while driving up the freeway?"

Then I rode a BMX for an hour or so.

No other game in my PS4 collection offers anywhere near as much fun. No games in my PS3 collection appeal at the moment as I've played them to death. It's amazing to me that after 2 years of playing the game I can still invent new ways to entertain myself, beyond playing the missions of the mini-games provided. It's nice to know they're there if I ever run out of imagination, but until then, the world is more than enough to entertain me.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Cutter De Blanc

Super Mario Bros. 3 was one of the greatest games ever made.

This game is good though, for what it is. It does the killing and car stealing thing pretty well.

Algonquin Assassin

Just as a word of warning seeing as this is a praise thread it would be much appreciated to keep it that way.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

josephene123

The more I play it (SP, that is), the more dreadful I feel about its obvious flaws and Rockstar's unwillingness to do anything about it. It feels a lot more plasticy than past GTA games to me (don't tell me that was on purpose because of the setting blahblah). There was just a lot of lazily done, totally lacking in depth features.

That being said... I agree with you enough that it's still, for keeping me entertained for two months after it was out, at least in my top 20 games of all time (that I've played).

It's not a terrible game like some make it out to be. There are aspects which are terrible, and other aspects which are really good. As a game in general it is brilliant, as a GTA game it is alright - its the wasted potential which bothers me.

Despite that, there are no other games recently released which offer this level of interactivity with the world. That's gotta be appreciated. Well done Rockstar.

Edited by josephene123
  • Like 1

I played V for the first time in a few weeks last night and found myself still doing things I'd never done before. Last night's invented mini-game was "How may cars can I flip with a digger while driving up the freeway?"

No other game in my PS4 collection offers anywhere near as much fun. No games in my PS3 collection appeal at the moment as I've played them to death. It's amazing to me that after 2 years of playing the game I can still invent new ways to entertain myself, beyond playing the missions of the mini-games provided. It's nice to know they're there if I ever run out of imagination, but until then, the world is more than enough to entertain me.

Well thats just sad. I guess thats what you do when there is nothing to after the story.

• Like 1

Lester-The-Molester

I still play it after 2 years and ill continue playing it for a very long time.

Jimmytruckerr

Well thats just sad. I guess thats what you do when there is nothing to after the story.

Indeed. Flipping cars lmao. He also enjoys doing yoga. V the best game evarrr!! Lolol

Guess that's what you can do when the game is empty.

• Like 2

Funny how a game that was so critically acclaimed when it came out (and with very good reason IMO) is now receiving the somewhat inevitable backlash from people who seemingly want to criticise it just for the sake of it. I never really got on with the 2nd generation GTA's (with the exception of SA), but I love both IV and V.

Stop with the stupid anger trolling. Nothing is gunna happen nobody is gunna bash OP for liking V, it may have happened before but it doesn't happen anymore.

I can´t fight the feeling that V never lived up to its full potential, but that doesn´t mean that I don´t like it. Quite the opposite, V is my third favourite GTA after IV + EFLC and VC. I had a few hundred hours of fun with the game and I´m still going back to it.

I agree that many of the activities are not exactly "gangsta-like". Nonetheless I have fun with them. Diving, parachuting, cycling, golfing is not exactly what GTA is all about, but sometimes it´s a welcome change from doing story missions. I also love free-roaming through the countryside (don´t like LS too much).

Edited by Doctor Ray
  • Like 4

Algonquin Assassin

I can´t fight the feeling that V never lived up to its full potential, but that doesn´t mean that I don´t like it. Quite the opposite, V is my third favourite GTA after IV + EFLC and VC. I had a few hundred hours of fun with the game and I´m still going back to it.

I agree that many of the activities are not exactly "gangsta-like". Nonetheless I have fun with them. Diving, parachuting, cycling, golfing is not exactly what GTA is all about, but sometimes it´s a welcome change from doing story missions. I also love free-roaming through the countryside (don´t like LS too much).

Even though I'm a bit hard on GTA V for not having enough crime side missions I don't really have a problem with tennis, golf etc. I mean yes I'm guilty of calling it a "retirement simulator", but the minigames themselves are done really well.

Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the typical GTA chaos.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Even though I'm a bit hard on GTA V for not having enough crime side missions I don't really have a problem with tennis, golf etc. I mean yes I'm guilty of calling it a "retirement simulator", but the minigames themselves are done really well.

I also like to start some activities at a certain part of the storyline. For example, I never play golf with Franklin until the jewelry store heist. I like the thought that after they finished the score and F has some money in his pockets and a new house in the hills, M wants to introduce him into a more luxurious lifestyle, so he takes him to the golf club.

• Like 2

happygrowls

Stop with the stupid anger trolling. Nothing is gunna happen nobody is gunna bash OP for liking V, it may have happened before but it doesn't happen anymore.

Anger trolling? I won't make this into a deep argument, but I love V, I was just playing a little joke. V is my second favourite game in the series, i've devoted more time to it than I have with IV.

• Like 3

Fuzzknuckles

I still have plenty of stuff to do that's within the game content. I have all the side missions, basically, as I've only completed the story on PS4. I've completed it on PS3 3 times and 100%'d it once.

So it's not sad. I just have chosen to leave the side missions for another time, as there's plenty of fun to be had in the world. I've not touched any of the mini games, either, so they're all ready and waiting to be played.

Don't try and twist what I said, you're just trying to provoke me in what is intended to be a positive thread. I really enjoy V for many many reasons and one of them is that freedom to wander off and entertain myself. I'm sorry if that's not the case for you, honestly, as I think there's a whole world of fun to be had if you just use your imagination a bit. You don't need to be guided by story or missions or side activities or anything else. You can make your own fun. That's not a result of having nothing to do. That's as well as all the other things I have available to me.

Pretty much this.

This is what so many people forget. You can take a break and do something else. Within the same game. You don't have to take the game out and put something else in. You can still be in GTA but do... something else. Of course the game is all about being a criminal. But even criminals take breaks and do other stuff some times.

Edited by Fuzzknuckles
Signatures are dumb anyway.

Things I like about this game

• Mullti-character (even though they're not really deep except Trev)
  • Scuba diving
  • Parachuting
  • Clothing for Frank
  • Putting on athlete clothes for Frank and do some exercise at Los Santos Beach

That's about it. Give Frank more character development, have many interiors, add more criminal activities, add interactive gym and this game should be on top.

• Like 1

CarlitoDorito

Well someone here said they like V and there hasn't been a war and the fabric of reality remains intact, we know it's possible, spread the word :p

Yeah I like it too. So many possibilities when free roaming. Imagination required. I learned recently there's so much dialogue from peds and other characters, to a point where you wonder why there is so much when it seems only 7 or 8 people only really hear it. Amazing Ocean, huge mountains, a map so big people think it's small, sh*t loads of variety, it looks amazing and feels good to play, smoothness is appreciated. Things I wanted in other GTA's, animals, radio that's not nearly as repetitive, you can flip cars over if they land on their roof! I love that. Good on you for actually saying you like the game.

Edited by CarlitoDorito
  • Like 4

FranklinsIron

Anger trolling? I won't make this into a deep argument, but I love V, I was just playing a little joke. V is my second favourite game in the series, i've devoted more time to it than I have with IV. haha I saw the sarcasticness and appreciate

Anger trolling? I won't make this into a deep argument, but I love V, I was just playing a little joke. V is my second favourite game in the series, i've devoted more time to it than I have with IV. no one gets us Brits and our sarcastic humour, haha.

Appreciate that Pheonix Poop for taking no sh*t! But he was only joking

One of the main things I like to do is mod cars.....that was one of the best features in SA, and even if some of the mods are a bit strange it's quite nice to mess around at Frank's free LS Customs. Annoyingly there isn't enough car storage, but every good thing has its downsides.

Plus, the game world is detailed enough to enjoy the game at a slower pace. I'm guilty of 'tourist trips' in my Chino, Virgo, Surfer or Tornado; I go on off roading in my Brawler and Dubsta; I take a cruise in a Cuban 800 as if its a rental plane; I cruise around SA in a boat. Add onto that messing around with cheats, photography for the S. SA Appreciation / Snapmatic Competition threads and killing Lost members and I've got my moneys worth out of the game.

My only real 'issue' with the game is the draw distance/pop-in troubles I've noticed since the last update.

• Like 2

FranklinsIron

Well someone here said they like V and there hasn't been a war and the fabric of reality remains intact, we know it's possible, spread the word :p

Yeah I like it too. So many possibilities when free roaming. Imagination required. I learned recently there's so much dialogue from peds and other characters, to a point where you wonder why there is so much when it seems only 7 or 8 people only really hear it. Amazing Ocean, huge mountains, a map so big people think it's small, sh*t loads of variety, it looks amazing and feels good to play, smoothness is appreciated. Things I wanted in other GTA's, animals, radio that's not nearly as repetitive, you can flip cars over if they land on their roof! I love that. Good on you for actually saying you like the game.

Yeah that's it, GTA V is brilliant if you can role play in your head. Even in terms of the story, lit may sound "linear" but I like to attach the characters in every little detail to the story. I try talking to people and even drives, there's so much to everything if you don't just fly through the missions, although took me a while to realise that ha.

• Like 2

FranklinsIron

Plus, the game world is detailed enough to enjoy the game at a slower pace. I'm guilty of 'tourist trips' in my Chino, Virgo, Surfer or Tornado; I go on off roading in my Brawler and Dubsta; I take a cruise in a Cuban 800 as if its a rental plane; I cruise around SA in a boat. Add onto that messing around with cheats, photography for the S. SA Appreciation / Snapmatic Competition threads and killing Lost members and I've got my moneys worth out of the game.

My only real 'issue' with the game is the draw distance/pop-in troubles I've noticed since the last update.

Love it! Do things similar with Frank, love putting on his Uptown Riders gear (would use his Moto X stuff but not unlocked to after the story) and driving through the countryside on the scrambler, I go hunting with Trev or find places to "hide bodies etc", then there's Micheal. Going on long drives and sitting at the beach on top of the map, driving through the river. Just thinking...

• Like 3