1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The gasp n praise thread

thegtaguy123756

When rockstar made crate runs restricted to public lobbies.

AavdbQH.gif

When freeroam events were released.

When rockstar started giving freeroam some love in general.

Now that they've shown freeroam a little love

They need to do it for awhile

I'd say 2018

That way new heists can come out BECAUSE THEY f*ckING WILL

Oh but on-topic

When you get a good nights rest in GTA: O (A.K.A. sleeping in bed in GTA)

Edited by HeistsActivist
  • Like 2

I praise Rockstar for not making CEO offices off limits during contact missions, because snacks.

Edited by Candy Suxxx
  • Like 5

When you get the Brickade for sellin' crates g

how tf do you post gifs?

Go check out the forums support section. Edited by Skycam
  • Like 3

- When you manage a movie worthy epic powerslide through a busy intersection.

THIS.

Also.

When you have your headset on, turned up loud, and you're wandering around Sandy Shores and you realise just how good the sound design is in GTA

• Like 2

Now I'm not saying that everything to do with money is rosy in GTAO, it isn't. There's stuff like the price of the Lynx and a whole load of other things that give you the nagging feeling that we're being drained of money as much and often as possible.

However, there are now a lot of different ways of making good money compared to the days when contact missions were king. They still exist and they still pay quite well but heists, VIP missions and CEO missions have been added to the mix and they're all heavy hitters.

I can spend a couple of hours messing about modding my cars, running Headhunters and selling the custom Sentinels and afterwards I don't feel like I've done any grinding but I'm two or three hundred thousand dollars better off. There are lots of options and if you focus a little, lots of money to be made.

To follow on from my last post, I didn't want to be on long tonight so I made it quick. Began playing at 10:30, started Headhunter from my yacht followed by selling a yellow Sentinel, doing DOs and another Headhunter to finish, switched off by 10:47.

That was $80,270 I made in seventeen minutes, minus $10 for the rollercoaster (it was a DO, I'm not a fiend for the rollercoaster). Nice and tidy.

• Like 2

To follow on from my last post, I didn't want to be on long tonight so I made it quick. Began playing at 10:30, started Headhunter from my yacht followed by selling a yellow Sentinel, doing DOs and another Headhunter to finish, switched off by 10:47.

That was $80,270 I made in seventeen minutes, minus $10 for the rollercoaster (it was a DO, I'm not a fiend for the rollercoaster). Nice and tidy.

These custom cars are a problem for me - I moved to current gen relatively late compared to the early adopters, so I kind of missed a lot of the talk about what was new (where to get customized cars being one of them).

I know about the old gang cars I used to get on last gen, but I don't really have a clue where to find these new special cars I've heard about, or what they even are.

My gasp and praise: Sometimes it's simple little things that are fun:

34DbVYG.gif

When an aggressive player keeps going to his jet while you are trying to work... and it's using missles. Praise and...

qlZjRhS.gif

Edited by Skycam
  • Like 3

These custom cars are a problem for me - I moved to current gen relatively late compared to the early adopters, so I kind of missed a lot of the talk about what was new (where to get customized cars being one of them).

I know about the old gang cars I used to get on last gen, but I don't really have a clue where to find these new special cars I've heard about, or what they even are.

I didn't either until about a month ago but they're well worth seeking out. There's some traffic lights on the main road just to the southeast of Eclipse towers and if you go there between 21:00 and 04:00 then you'll find one of two NPC Sentinel XS' which have been customised much like the gang cars.

There's a yellow one worth over 15K and a blue one worth over 17K, if there isn't one there I do a circle around a couple of blocks and check again and there's always one there eventually.

If I'm going to be on a while I'll wait for nighttime before I sell my first car, then do the same every in game day. I know it's only 15/17K but before you know it you're buying a million dollar supercar with the money you've made from that alone.

• Like 2

^^ I do this all the time, every 48 mins if I'm in free roam.

Quick tip, if it's not there and you're doing a lap around the block drive slowly like the speed of an npc car as you go up and make the last turn. I also find they spawn more frequently if I drive anti clockwise round the block ending at tequila la where they spawn.

I know it's only 15/17K but before you know it you're buying a million dollar supercar with the money you've made from that alone.

Oh no - I used to bother with the gang ones, which (if I remember correctly) were only $11K-ish at the most, so $15K/$17K seems worth it to me. I'll be checking that out.

Something I used to do with the gang cars would be to hook up a gang car I owned with a Cargobob, then just fly back and forth over the areas (having the car seemed to help it spawn still, and having the 'Bob made it quicker).

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

I just managed to kill someone by shooting the tail rotor of the helicopter at the end of the Extraction adversary mode. Span right into him.

Also I just hit $20,000,000 in the bank! I'm kind of annoyed I didn't try out Extraction earlier, it's pretty fun and pays well.

Having a player come at you and fail. Guy tried to come at me in a chill lobby during executive search. Killed him a few times. Twice with the hydra in hover mode (yes I was in my hydra during executive search) and killed him a couple of times with my heavy and he went passive.

He never came back with a jet or tried to get to get close on foot. He just went passive and moves on with his day. I kept an eye on him and he was customizing cars and shopping. He never even sent me a message.

In short, guy tried to kill me, failed. Went passive and didn't return or send me stupid hate mail. Props and round of applause to him.

Might be nothing but I was shot down with 1 missle on three different occasions while I was in my hydra. (Insta-kill)

Wasn't sure where I should put this but this thread seemed fitting, even I don't think this would be terrible and I'm a heavy hydra user. As long as they only nurfed it against other player attacks and not NPC too. (Normally it takes one to seriously damage a hydra and two to actually get the kill via missle)

Edited by Skycam

Look how cute these little unarmed aircraft look:

bBq6sNw.gif

Reminds me of the pre-homing launcher days.

I've posted this before but yeah ^ reminded me what fun GTA can be outside of public try-hard lobbies. Friendly lobbies would be so appreciated R*.

So OT thanks for the Duster :^::^:

Duster was my 1st plane I've bought - charming plane. Thanks for the vid - next time online, time for a round or two :)

• Like 2

WOW! Just had one of the best races I've had in a LONG time. Vespucci stunt race...8 racers...NO rammin at all...it was really really cool to race head to head with the rest of the players and not deal with bullsh*t. Came in second...loved it!

When you get into a lobby and your crew has already cleaned it out.

Edited by JackIrish