1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The gasp n praise thread

thegtaguy123756

1 hour ago, LodwigRedemption said:

Exactly. Everyone thought "Oh that's a nice change of pace, a Nightclub update! What could possibly go wrong?"

It was such a boneheaded move - even if R* wanted to combine two updates (nightclubs, and business consolidation) into one patch, they didn't have to merge them into one property, FFS... :facedesk:

And as a result, we've now got arcades, which can't just be arcades - I can mostly get behind using them as a new heist planning room (because the way R* implements things, they can't add additional functionality to the old ones), but they're also the updated business consolidation property.

R* could have saved having this weird, 'stacked businesses' system if they'd just made a single location that serves as a dedicated business management hub - imagine if they'd just used CEO offices, and then added the option to buy more office space, with each floor serving as the control centre for a new specific operation. But that'd require forward planning, though - and if GTAO and RDO are anything to go by, R*'s online teams really aren't great at that, are they? :sigh:

34 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

You don't need a nightclub and Terrorbyte to own a Mk II though -- only if you want a Mk II *with missiles*.

And even those can probably be added with a merge glitch.

:orly:

So it's basically the same as the Deluxo, then? And if I just keep it in a regular garage, and don't bother with the rockets (and pick a fitting colour scheme), then it's functionally just the Specter from Saints Row - and like the Deluxo, I could always flog it if I got bored of it, or if the shame of owning it got too much. :p

Good to know - thanks! :^:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Commander S said:

So it's basically the same as the Deluxo, then? And if I just keep it in a regular garage, and don't bother with the rockets (and pick a fitting colour scheme), then it's functionally just the Specter from Saints Row - and like the Deluxo, I could always flog it if I got bored of it, or if the shame of owning it got too much. :p

Not quite... more like the Oppressor Mk I. Meaning we can't use drive-by weapons from either Oppressor. Would be amazing if we could; I'd certainly prefer that over the missiles.

You can't upgrade the Mk II at all though without the Terrorybte, including respray -- unless you're using a merge glitch. At least the performance upgrades won't really make a difference because they don't affect the top speed.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SummerFreeze said:

Not quite... more like the Oppressor Mk I. Meaning we can't use drive-by weapons from either Oppressor. Would be amazing if we could; I'd certainly prefer that over the missiles.

Ah, so I'm guessing you can't even paint it without a Terrorbyte - same as how I would buy an APC, but there's no option to do even basic LSC customisation outside of owning an MOC workshop. :sigh:

That's what I like about the Deluxo - as nice as it'd be to have a strictly civilian-grade, real-world version that's just a car, I'm glad you can still own one and paint/upgrade it like a regular car without needing to buy a bunker/MOC just to access what should be regular LSC options.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Commander S said:

Ah, so I'm guessing you can't even paint it without a Terrorbyte - same as how I would buy an APC, but there's no option to do even basic LSC customisation outside of owning an MOC workshop. :sigh:

That's what I like about the Deluxo - as nice as it'd be to have a strictly civilian-grade, real-world version that's just a car, I'm glad you can still own one and paint/upgrade it like a regular car without needing to buy a bunker/MOC just to access what should be regular LSC options.

If you're on PC you could do basic customization using a merge glitch -- without even needing a vehicle workshop. I don't know about console though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sometimes when it's stormy I like to park my car somewhere peaceful and listen to the rain on the roof.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 3:37 PM, Big Molio said:

One of the things that still makes me happy is when the sun rises on GTA Online. Still feels good to take a flight in something small like the Ultralight from Grapeseed airfield down the east coast to the airport as the sun is coming up. 

Could not agree more with that. Out in the desert or near the east coast between 5am and 8am in still so beautiful, even after all this time.

Making racetracks high up around Chiliad and setting them to morning gives amazing lighting effects and shadows on the track and the horizon when you turn east.

Much better than those angry, murky sunsets on the west coast.

I've probably posted it before but I've played so many games recently and not one of them has bettered GTAV's running water and ocean wave physics. Everyone else just makes it look like treacle.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, whywontyoulisten said:

I've probably posted it before but I've played so many games recently and not one of them has bettered GTAV's running water and ocean wave physics. Everyone else just makes it look like treacle.

Did any of them have such innovative and fun sliding-down-cliffs-into-the-lovely-sea physics tho

I was screwing around with graphics settings a bit trying to get more fps, but eventually settled on even less fps because i forgot how nice the game looks when u start bumping stuff like texture & reflection quality up. I need a new GPU :( I really hope they fix the weird disconnect in fps in sp vs online with the re-re-release though, in sp i average 90 with my latest settings, in online im lucky to hit 60 with them.

Edited by suicidal_banana

I love the sound of a car ticking off after escaping an insane police case. All the sirens, gunfire, screams and destruction fall silent as you slowly cruce to a stop and exit your vehicle. What was once a beautiful car, now lays a battered wreck that barley survived.

• Like 3

Engine breaking in a Stirling GT
Taking a Mesa / off road vehicle and driving the length of the east coast ending up on Mount Gordo just as sunset is happening. 

Enjoying sunset from the Yacht jacuzzi located in Paleto Bay

Edited by MikeyDLuffy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

This Heist is so freaking cool, and the fact that they've made it entirely from home, this is so good!

• Like 3

This update is better than I thought. I definitely love how the heist can be done entirely solo. The new vehicles have started to grow on me and we have opportunities to get three of them for free.

• Like 3

The soundrack in this game is underappreciated in my opinion, it's so good!

These two soundtracks are my favorite ones in this game.

Both are from two heist updates.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I did some nightclub popularity missions and got a couple involving the Patriot Stretch. I gasped and praised when I found out the P-Stretch is surprisingly adept at J-turns.

• 1 month later...

The Toreador is great. Really great 😃

I originally dismissed it as an overpriced weaponized gimmick, but turns out it's actually loads of fun and really nice to look at - I'd go so far as to say its profile is better than the Lamborghini Marzal it takes inspiration from.

It's also netting me a decent amount of underwater caches, won me a Criminal Damage with it's missiles and a Top Speed challenge with it's boost ability (that I also use to yeet the car off mountains)... all while looking so wonderfully retro, especially with interior colour options that allow me to make it vaguely tasteful. I had to grind for a while to afford it and I'm not disappointed.

No regrets, just lots of fun. Thank you R*.

• Like 3

SqualidCoyote
10 hours ago, Coleco said:

The Toreador is great. Really great 😃

IT ROCKS!

suicidal_banana

I want the Torador & Scramjet to make a baby, Torador Mk2 that includes jump

1-Double Client Jobs and Double VIP events were great. 

2-R* finally removed all weapons gifted by script kids from my weapon wheel, so the useless revolvers, meme guns(widow makers etc) have been cleaned out my weapon wheel I wonder if they do read this forum sometimes, I bitched so many times about it that it must have paid 

Saul_goodman
On 6/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, Commander S said:

It was such a boneheaded move - even if R* wanted to combine two updates (nightclubs, and business consolidation) into one patch, they didn't have to merge them into one property, FFS... :facedesk:

And as a result, we've now got arcades, which can't just be arcades - I can mostly get behind using them as a new heist planning room (because the way R* implements things, they can't add additional functionality to the old ones), but they're also the updated business consolidation property.

R* could have saved having this weird, 'stacked businesses' system if they'd just made a single location that serves as a dedicated business management hub - imagine if they'd just used CEO offices, and then added the option to buy more office space, with each floor serving as the control centre for a new specific operation. But that'd require forward planning, though - and if GTAO and RDO are anything to go by, R*'s online teams really aren't great at that, are they? :sigh:

I don’t get this complaint.  Want to use the arcade just as a Arcade?  Don’t ever go down stairs.  Problem solved.

7 hours ago, Saul_goodman said:

I don’t get this complaint.  Want to use the arcade just as a Arcade?  Don’t ever go down stairs.  Problem solved.

That's not my complaint, though - yeah, you can do that with the way arcades have been implemented (same as how I ignore the basement of my nightclub, and never weaponised my Pounder Custom/Deluxo/etc.), but what I was getting at in that post (made over a year ago - wow...) was that it was a boneheaded way to implement them in the first place.

It's a moot point now, sure - but it's just annoying that R* can't ever just add 'vanilla' versions of things, where a nightclub is just an entertainment venue (and not a contraband hub), a Deluxo is a DMC-12 knock-off (that doesn't fly as standard - too much to have that as a 'Weaponized Deluxo' upgrade at an MOC?).

• 1 month later...

I am not a car guy, I would take a heist over anything else in this game, but it's been great seeing the overall good reaction and response to the Tuners update.