1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The gasp n praise thread

thegtaguy123756

OMG GUUUUURLS I finally got the $$$ so I bought my first customizable aircrafts yesterday, I bought the Akula, Avenger as well as the APC. IM QUAKKING RIGHT NOW

• Like 3

Had around 3.5 hours this afternoon in a session with just 2 randoms. After the first hour of just keeping our distance we ended up giving each other lifts, showing off cars and rotating 2 player car sales with the 3rd preventing NPCs from spawning.

• Like 3

My G&P today is running the Stromberg Prep, hitting perfect shots with the Heavy Sniper in it and delivering all 4 in one run, running Air - Freight very smoothly, incurring only 1 death and making $50k while shooting down pesky Rogues chasing me down in my sell Seabreeze (which dominated them, seems legit boys), then buying 8 crates, all smooth, and selling for $116k without dying once (plus 3 Headhunters, which I didn't die once in either), plus a Contact Mission (Pier Pressure) and not dying once (my health didn't even go below 50%) and hitting Rank 200, all in the same day. That has to be the best play session I've had all year.

If you don't understand the G&P, I'm praising R* for giving me a god damn break from the terminator AIs and the sh*tty AI traffic (plus those Navy SEAL VIP targets, dumb Oppressor moments, and totally avoidable but frustating deaths).

Edited by PwnageSoldier

While most mechanics in this game can be quite annoying at times with all their comments and crap, I sometimes want to kit out any of my aircraft just to listen to the aircraft mechanic. Hes got such a strange yet cool way of speaking :)

• 2 weeks later...

Besides Cunning Stunts (for obvious reasons), the Doomsday Heist is 100% my favourite DLC thus far, it had some flaws but for the most part I actually really loved all the content.

• 4 weeks later...

That moment when ur in the clouds about to enter a session, and an airplane or heli passes by and almost takes up the whole screen.

• Like 2

Got in a session last night with a fellow old B&W movie fan (as evidenced by his screen name), had a little conversation, stayed out of each other's way, we both made some money.

I was running through Headhunter in my Akula and made sure every time I started I was away from the area he was doing I/E work in so as to not make him nervous.

Never used stealth mode at all so he could always see where I was and had no intention to mess with his CEO fun.

I hated to leave!

Had someone come my way in a jet after dropping out of a contact mission playlist job, but he turned around and went on about his business.

Quite refreshing after having people constantly hunt you down when you're just driving across the map in a street vehicle.

Edited by kcole4001

• 1 month later...

I was gasping when I saw the fact of GTA V making more money than any movie made it onto Ripley's Believe It or Not.

20180613_Cartoon.jpg

Edited by Giantsgiants
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

That's a long time without gasps.

. .
                     >

__

• Like 3

Does praising the arena' s addition allowing a glitch to let me put Benny' s wheels and a couple worn paint jobs on any car count? :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

i remember gasping when i first saw the Deluxo go into hover mode, and then gasping again when we were given the ability to fly.

i also gasp every time i'm trying to real quick smash the menu button and the d-pad to start Piracy Prevention and accidentally quit my Securoserv contract.  

for praise: all i can say is that this wet dream of a game is still my favorite one of ALL TIME.   

Putting the assault shotgun to work indoors & watching the smoke is just ...

tipic_italiangestures_04_special.gif

So satisfying.

• Like 4

On 2/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, Coleco said:

No gasping and praising since before the After Hours update?

Can't say i'm surprised

Well, I'll be the odd one out then.  🙂

I liked most of what After Hours brought, it refreshed the game for me, using the TByte made doing jobs easier, client jobs added variety.

Some of the cars were great, though still needing more customization options.

Playing on my first character who doesn't own the club and all it's accoutrements makes me appreciate it even more.

I can't wait ti get those warehouses filled and go back to my second character, which is now my main one.

Not saying it's great for everyone, but it made the game better for me.

edit: oh there's more: the Arena Wars vehicles were also great for the most part. A little something for everyone. Nice additions.

Edited by kcole4001

Yellow Dog with Cone

Kudos to R* for revamping their Feedback page for both GTAO and RDO, that means that at least they're willing to listen to their playerbase and that's always a good thing!

Now let's see if they act upon the requests of both communities.

Meanwhile, you guys and gals know what to do ;)

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline/feedback

mpUVJ6z.gif

^ I'm certainly hoping they scale down the price gaps or provide better payouts. Either one, I guess.

• Like 2

I love everything about Arena Wars.

• Like 4

not sure it counts as a gasp, exactly--but i certainly giggle a little when i roll up on a couple of on-foot players in freeroam in my RC Bandito, and they've clearly never had it happen before; because not only don't they run away, but instead approach and look down at it as it starts beeping.    8)

Edited by KazzMajol
syntax and a semi-colon

When you tip the trailer during a Phantom Wedge sale and it respawns facing the direction you were travelling in.

• 4 weeks later...

My gasp is about Arena War update.
On the modding side, it added lots of building props (and a giant Pisswasser bottle), which is neat for scenebuilding for Snapmatics.

Edited by Sanches
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sanches said:

My gasp is about Arena War update.
On the modding side, it added lots of building props (and a giant Pisswasser bottle), which is neat for scenebuilding for Snapmatics.

Been meaning to see what I can make in there. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a "GTA" mode where you can get out and walk around. There is actually quite an extensive bit of options and layouts for the Arena, it's almost a shame that it will surely be under utilized and forgotten.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Been meaning to see what I can make in there.

There's plenty in files, can create whole new locations

G3OEQ0U.jpg

LrVD1RV.jpg

Edited by Sanches

1 minute ago, Sanches said:

There's plenty in files, can create whole new locations

G3OEQ0U.jpg

LrVD1RV.jpg

Well that's awesome, unfortunately for a console pleb like me, I have to stick within the limitations of the Creator.

• Like 2

A video from a month ago when a NPC seemed to show compassion towards my character, making an effort to avoid running over her. I was impressed, lol.

Skip to 0:35

Edited by J-Scott-D
Words
  • Like 3

I praise the Creator, I really do. As a casual arcade racer (need for speed) I really like to make my own race tracks. Test out, adjust, test, adjust, play, forget, make a new one.

Mostly for solo play but also for fun with friends/crew/randoms. Some kids can't drive. One did not like corners. Wow.

• Like 3

On old gen mine. When I cargobobbed a securoserv truck (the ones youd have to blow up for money) Unfortunately I lagged out of the session and shortly after that feature was removed from freeroam.

When everyone would chase after the Simeon vehicle and nobody had explosives. I miss the early days 😕