1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The gasp n praise thread

thegtaguy123756

I'm absolutely certain the player that got rekt here gasped and moaned

tVZes9c.gif

and I appreciate R* for making a game that allowed me to do that.

As much as it pains me to do this, I'd like to praise R* for the hours upon hours of fun I have had in this game.

Like dropping a Malatmous on my friend's head...

Kh66sGJ.gif

Or what it's like to get tossed out of a truck with a burnt turkey on your head:

nj1h3XZ.gif

Or outright "cool guy" things like this.

7mUr5Nq.gif

Edited by TheFroggmann
  • Like 3

The moment you see the dripfeed list and half of the cars were in ur wishlist. Thank You R* Car modellers.

Just because of the cars in this update, I'm more enthusiastic about playing GTAO than I've been for nearly a year. In fact, probably this time last year, when we got things like the Elegy/Comet Retro Customs.

And thanks, R* - not only did you nail the Hermes, but you made the free gift per character, not just per account. I went from "cool - I get to buy the Hermes!" to "wow - thanks for giving away a free Hermes!", to "holy **** - TWO free ...Hermeses...?". Was so generous, even, that I've made a special exception to my 'no more than one of each car' rule to make good use of the freebies - after all, it'd just be rude to turn away a gift at Christmas, wouldn't it? :santa:

Edited by Commander S

Every vehicle in this DLCs are amazing, the prices are also sensible, stromberg that can dive into deep waters, a flying deluxo, a jetpack and man that khanjali tank is so awesome! That tank can destroy anything in it's path if it is used full with 4 people

Looking forward to those classic jdm cars, Rx3 and 240z plus the yosemite and the riata and kamacho for only less than 500k really they've done great for the content in this DLCs, but there are tons of bug that makes it look bad, connections issue etc, oh well at leasts the content is good

Oh and free wanted level removal if we've completed the DD:Heists nice

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad Smuggler's Run got released. I know it's old news now, and got taken for granted by most people, but that update was great in my opinion. Business paid nothing yeah, but the business aren't what I'm interested in for updates anyway - got enough of them.

Countermeasures, the glorious Hunter, all these other aircraft. And finally buffing the Savage too. That one's my favourite update, got to be.

Plus it was one of the only big updates of 2017 that didn't have something really annoying and overpowered. The jets didn't have the guns the old ones do, and actually help fight those off a lot. No vehicles that you can just spawn at your feet and force people to pay 20K for.

If anything they were too careful in my opinion. Like with the bombs - those could have a much bigger blast.

I was going to be a smartass and check which update included the Vagner (Gunrunning of course), because that's my favorite racecar and I love it dearly. when I realized there's a car or aircraft in virtually every update that I still love dearly.

But wow Smuggler's Run is loaded! I still get excited when I see my Molotok! And the Akula, forget it. Last night I was just standing there looking at it amazed by it's beauty and grace. #inlove

• Like 2

Well I've posted plenty in the b&m thread, so I guess its only fair to put something in here ;)

I like the new tactical jackets a lot, especially the blousson? version.

Now I can open the ramp on my cargobob, it makes riding my bmx down mountains more often, easier and more fun. Riding down is lots of fun, riding UP....not so much

But now I just put my bike in the Bob, and fly it up. When I get to the bottom I just call it again, load the bike and I'm on top of the next mountain a couple of minutes later.

Edited by tommyguns
  • Like 3

I'm so glad Smuggler's Run got released. I know it's old news now, and got taken for granted by most people, but that update was great in my opinion. Business paid nothing yeah, but the business aren't what I'm interested in for updates anyway - got enough of them.

Countermeasures, the glorious Hunter, all these other aircraft. And finally buffing the Savage too. That one's my favourite update, got to be.

Plus it was one of the only big updates of 2017 that didn't have something really annoying and overpowered. The jets didn't have the guns the old ones do, and actually help fight those off a lot. No vehicles that you can just spawn at your feet and force people to pay 20K for.

If anything they were too careful in my opinion. Like with the bombs - those could have a much bigger blast.

Ya I'm still kinda saddened that the Stealth Bomber Volatol or w/e it's called didn't get the same benefits as it did during the heist setups. It drops 10 bombs at a time and lester even mentions it has stealth capabilities and ghost frequency (w/e that is). Regardless it makes my hangar complete. I actually like the business end of Smugglers run. I do just enough runs to make it a single delivery and I depend on selling it in a full lobby for fun + $.

• Like 3

Gasp! Somebody rammed into me intentionally

Praise! Thank you, you massive bundle of sticks! Without you I would have come in 1st place and I don't want that kind of attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately, I have had more fun with this game than I have had in a long time. I guess it is just the combination of excellent cars being released with Doomsday and the following drip feed, as well as me figuring out what works well for making money, my way. Not grinding. I never grind, so therefore I usually never have money. I didn't realize I should just buy Bunker supplies then sell when it is depleted. Easy 250k everytime I start playing every night. Been having a lot of fun just doing random stuff in between. Playing with people, doing heists (which are booming right now, always a finale happening), not to mention how damn easy Act 1 and 2 of Doomsday are. Basically free money if you land a finale. Sitting at 9 mil right now and I feel like I have barely even played, when I was at less than $100 when Doomsday released. Also, the game has been running exceptionally well for me aside from that one week of PSN having hiccups.

• Like 5

I ended up playing Deadline much later than I should have yesterday, but I don't regret it. Not only was it great fun with a very decent payout, but I got to play it with a few friends that I haven't gamed with in ages--one that I hadn't seen in about a year and a half or longer!

I can't complain much this week; I only wish I had more time to play and with even more people that I haven't seen in ages, but this is turning out to be a great week of gameplay. I've won two rounds of the Premium Race and also got to do a playlist with some nearly impossible to beat racers--where I lost my arse, but had a great time.

I've also discovered that you can now delete Snapmatic photos from the Social Club site instead of having to do it whilst in game. I had a snap that simply would not disappear from my gallery (even though I deleted from my console months ago) but is now finally history thanks to this feature.

Here's hoping for more good things to come. :)

DeadLine is epic. Only mode out a gigzziliean modes.

Back to FR set marker, bet, race cannonball across the map on the bikes. Rob a store. DeadLine again.

:) I Chang

• Like 1

Lately, I have had more fun with this game than I have had in a long time. I guess it is just the combination of excellent cars being released with Doomsday and the following drip feed, as well as me figuring out what works well for making money, my way. Not grinding. I never grind, so therefore I usually never have money. I didn't realize I should just buy Bunker supplies then sell when it is depleted. Easy 250k everytime I start playing every night. Been having a lot of fun just doing random stuff in between. Playing with people, doing heists (which are booming right now, always a finale happening), not to mention how damn easy Act 1 and 2 of Doomsday are. Basically free money if you land a finale. Sitting at 9 mil right now and I feel like I have barely even played, when I was at less than $100 when Doomsday released. Also, the game has been running exceptionally well for me aside from that one week of PSN having hiccups.

Same. I never grind. There was a double RP and money period on the stunt races recently in which I managed to make a bit of money. It brought out some of the big guns too who were hammering the stunt races and made that week such a good one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best thing about GTAO is the fact that you can just jump into it and play, and have fun.

There are things that honk me off, yes, but overall, this game has massive potential, and I hope Rockstar/Take Two understands that the world of Los Santos itself deserves more investment now; not just a new GTA iteration in the future.

GTAO has easily paid for its own five-year development--more investment in additional personnel to make it even better will continue that trend.

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 2

^

Well spoken. To me it's quite unique in the sense that I consistently log on, almost daily, which I have never done with any other online game or any game at all for that matter. I've had breaks from GTA Online when new content has been scarce, and when I had Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 to finish. Hard to stay away from those two campaigns.

I also really like how it feels as if Los Santos and Blaine County is there even when I'm not, which is of course just an illusion of some kind.

And speaking of grinding - sometimes I log on for 15 minutes, sell a car, log off. I also really like driving, so I have no trouble with "grinding" IE sales, especially if I do it in crowded lobbies for added excitement.

• Like 2

I B&M a lot, but I can't help but to appreciate some of the animations we've gotten over the years. I just love this one with the Heavy Revolver in particular:

giphy.gif

So, uh, thank you R*.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing these people pay their own insurance when they attack me with these things. Shame it doesn't happen often with the Deluxo - can't bait them into drowning, or chop them up, etc.

• Like 7

I love seeing these people pay their own insurance when they attack me with these things. Shame it doesn't happen often with the Deluxo - can't bait them into drowning, or chop them up, etc.

aw hunni, it's beautiful. i love ur new car xo

• Like 3

Just one of the many reasons why I love the Buzzard:

buzzard_45_degree_landing.jpg

Edited by DentureDynamite
  • Like 3

Yellow Dog with Cone

Wah-wah-wah-wahhhhhh

That's hilarious!

• Like 2

Every single day there is a gasp moment of praise. It could be the satisfaction of a smooth high-yield sell mission, a victorious piracy prevention mission or the stunning sunsets over del perro, or seeing how the griefer gets griefed, or the anticipation of a good car you've been expecting to be released... I have been playing this game for almost 5 years, and there has always been something special.

Todays G&P; that feeling when you're being followed by an NPC helicopter while driving an I/E vehicle to your warehouse, and all of a sudden you hear the loud BOOM of said vehicle flying straight into a tall building or a power line tower. Sweet.

• Like 11

Yellow Dog with Cone

Not only R* car designing has improved ever since I/E, also they have added so much highly requested vehicles to the game that I can't think of any more to talk about in the Vehicle Wishlist thread because of that, gotta be more creative.

It's good to know that the "Auto" in Grand Theft Auto still holds up.

I saw a Rhino Tank in the wild lands of online free mode that someone had spawned in! I haven't seen one of those since the week Doomsday Heist came out.

Albeit, it wasn't occupied at the time.

Yellow Dog with Cone

The Issi Classic is in the Compacts class instead of Sports Classics or Sports, cool!

The glorious Sea Sparrow returns.

Yellow Dog with Cone

I know that both the EWO fix and the double clutching/curb boosting fix are far from perfect, but I appreciate that R* have listened and at least tried to fix both issues.

More QoL fixes like this are always welcome!

• Like 2