2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Complete Edition vs. Individual discs of original IV and Episodes.

The Mysterious One

The Mysterious One

I had always wondered about this. I looked on the back of the case of the complete edition when I am at Gamestop and it appears that for the whole disc, it requires a lot of space on the hard drive of the console for installation. I am certain that there is also a start up menu that can allow you to choose which game you want to play, whether it's the original IV, TLaD or TBoGT.

I have always had the original IV game (And this was with the original PS3 logo and everything), and the disc of Episodes From Liberty City. One thing that I noticed is that if you have a save of one of the games from either disc, it will require a restart of the game. What I mean is that a year ago, I played the episodes, and just recently I started to play IV and it just restarted the game. Does the Complete Edition have this problem?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Yes, I have the original 'single' version of IV, the one with just Niko. Then I had bought the complete edition and when I loaded that cd, it installed everything and went through the whole install process and it had removed any previous saves. Same thing happened when choosing TLAD from the menu, it installs which takes about 6 or 7 mins then starts. Same thing with TBOGT.

The thing is, the game detects that you seem to have another save from a different cd, so in order to prevent glitches, it wants to restart the game from scratch.

You can always just skip the intro cutscene then load to save you want to play from the pause menu to counteract this.

• Like 2

San Andreas Countryside
Meet the GTA 3 players who've spent a decade playing pass-the-pad to 100% the game - GamesRadar

GTA:LCS Save Editor - Supports Android, iOS, PS2, and PSP saves!

GTA3 Save Editor  - Big update in the works!

Lethal Vaccine

You can always just skip the intro cutscene then load to save you want to play from the pause menu to counteract this.

This. I have GTA IV. I don't have a Complete Edition. I got GTA IV on a disc and Episodes from Liberty City on a disc (TLaD/TBoGT). If I play Episodes, then after try and load my IV Save, it says "No Downloadable Content" or something and to start a new game. But all you gotta do is hit pause and load your Save from the pause menu to get it to load...

The Complete Edition isn't even compatible with GTA IV. If someone downloaded my IV Save, for instance, it wouldn't work if they had The Complete Edition. Even Digital III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS bought from the PSN is different to the physical disc. Also V1 and V2, etc, etc. These wouldn't be compatible, either.

Edited by Militia
  • Like 2

PhillBellic

This. I have GTA IV. I don't have a Complete Edition. I got GTA IV on a disc and Episodes from Liberty City on a disc (TLaD/TBoGT). If I play Episodes, then after try and load my IV Save, it says "No Downloadable Content" or something and to start a new game. But all you gotta do is hit pause and load your Save from the pause menu to get it to load...

The Complete Edition isn't even compatible with GTA IV. If someone downloaded my IV Save, for instance, it wouldn't work if they had The Complete Edition. Even Digital III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS bought from the PSN is different to the physical disc. Also V1 and V2, etc, etc. These wouldn't be compatible, either.

What a Mind Screw that is.

• Like 1

GamesBoy316

I have the regular copy and the complete edition as well. It is a hassle when having to skip the intro and reload a save, but other than that, nothing to worry about. I don't know why Rockstar hasn't done anything about it though, if it's possible to change/fix it.

Edited by GamesBoy316

Algonquin Assassin

I have GTA IV and EFLC on 360 and the Complete Edition on PS3, but no matter what if I play a save of GTA IV first it'll fail to load and I have to start a new game. It's not a major pain, but I wish R* looked into it to find a solution.

However I think it's weird how it works around the other way fine as in if you fire up a save of TLAD or TBOGT it'll work even if you have a save of GTA IV.

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Lethal Vaccine

However I think it's weird how it works around the other way fine as in if you fire up a save of TLAD or TBOGT it'll work even if you have a save of GTA IV.

Yup, I can load TLaD/TBoGT from EfLC after I loaded IV, no problem. It's going from TLaD/TBoGT to IV, where this problem occurs. It's overlooked on BOTH Versions, I suppose.

Another thing that is overlooked, the 100% "reward" (I can't even call it a reward as it's such trash) for carrying more ammo. All cuz a silly Trophy in which disables this. So if you save, reload, it reverts back to the usual low amount previously thought as the ammo cap before reaching 100%.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...