3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL] OpenRW

reditec

I have also expressed my support by translating it into Bulgarian language.

I'm sorry, but all languages added yesterday won't be included in the next update, but a bit later.

This evening (in like 3 hours) I will publish the next build coming with the remaining languages and a new Settings window.

The settings window currently lets u modify the pathes for the games and the language. This means you will be able to use e.g. German on a Windows Computer in Great Britain. :)

Edit:

It will be tomorrow, cause it's quite hot here (Germany got a humidity like 60% currently and it are 30°C). Trust me: High humidity + High temperatures = Nightmare :D:D:D

Anyway, I'm developing OpenRW settings now and finished the designing process. This is what it will look like:

6e4473f24b.png7993b1d99b.png

The textboxes on the right can't be edited and will show the current path later.

Is it okay like that? :)

Edited by reditec

I believe that having tabs in the settings window is a great addition - it keeps everything nice and clean, with a distinct look.

Once again: thank you for your time and dedication. I (and many others) appreciate your concern on delivering a more suitable way to configure the aforementioned features.

Why not base the backend stuff on alex's gtatools. I have used it and it works fairly well. And most of the renderware-era file formats are supported to my knowledge and partially rage too. Only thing is, its licensed gplv3.

He does not use the forums much though.

His topic here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/742038-relsavciii-gtatools-open-source-enginelibraries-for-gta/

And codebase: https://github.com/alemariusnexus/gtatools

I have used it for writing exporter to Ogre3D models in the past.

https://github.com/Swoorup/prj-reboot

Edited by Swoorup

reditec, if you started openRW project, I hope you will know something more than how to create a good interface and how to open IMG archives.

Currently, I see no features related to GTA like:

- editing audio

- replacing textures

- viewing models

- editing map

Why not base the backend stuff on alex's gtatools.

Hey Swoorup!

I use GTAmodding.com and a project made by "The Hero" as the codebase. One of the OpenRW team members also works on researching things and writes C++ code, I can convert to Sharp :-)

I might use some of his code anyway, just contacted him via mail :)

reditec, if you started openRW project, I hope you will know something more than how to create a good interface and how to open IMG archives.

Currently, I see no features related to GTA like:

- editing audio

- replacing textures

- viewing models

- editing map

Yupp. I created the settings window, because some users want to set a custom display language and the pathes can't be resetted / changed currently.

The Explorer is the basis function of OpenRW and needs to be finished before I can add other tools like a Texture Editor.

All the things you mentioned will be done in the future, but I guess you'll understand that all of these things can't be done in a single day. Just relax and wait a bit until the next few builds :)

Today I had a long conversation with Alemarius Nexus about GTA modding and file editing.

Now I am able to rename files in GTA v1 IMGs and to replace files in GTA v1 IMGs. It will take me some time to implement that, but basically it works. (Rebuilding archives is done automatically)

I also worked on the Path settings tab, but couldn't it finish today.

I will continue working on this tomorrow and probably release the next build either tomorrow or Thursday - For sure before Friday.

Maybe it will even come with the feature to rename files in an IMG archive.

My friend Sam is working on a website for OpenRW (openrw.com), he will publish it in the next days and I'll announce it here :)

bf4610ba18.png

Build 6 is available now.

Over the last few days, I've been working hard on editing support for IMG archives and

adding the remaining languages. Sadly, Bulgarian is still missing, but it will follow in the next build for sure.

But now let's talk about the new features of Build 6.

As I already announced Build 6 comes with a rename function for IMG v1 archives.

This means you can rename files in IMG archives of GTA 3 and VC (PC & PS 2).

I recently saw that there are duplicates of the file GTA3.IMG on the PS2 versions.

There are 10 exact copies (or something similar) on my copy of GTA 3 for PS2.

Why?

Are those backups?

Anyway. You currently can't open them, but I'll fix that soon.

Another bug that needs to be fixed is, if you rename a file and remove the file-extension, OpenRW crashes.

It's simple to fix, I'll do so in the next build.

I also added the settings window, so you guys can reset the pathes of the games and set a custom language.

Well, that's all, OpenRW.com will be available soon. Simply wait for the next build (probably replacing files / rebuilding archives).

As some people asked me already:

No, you don't need VS 2013 to translate OpenRW. Simply visit this site:

https://openrw.oneskyapp.com

As always:

The binaries can be downloaded manually from GitHub

If you don't want to download them manually, just click on About -> Search for updates in OpenRW.

Have a nice day!

New:

Fixes:

- various fixes

Features:

- Settings window

- Ability to rename files in IMG v1 archives

- Some new languages

• Like 2

bf4610ba18.png

Some status update:

Yesterday The_GTA and I created a concept for editing IMG v1 archives.

Actually there will be a ReBuild button and AutoRebuilding.

AutoRebuilding is optional, it means that the computer rebuilds the current archive after every edit if necessary.

This means the next build of OpenRW will come with a few fixes and full editing support of IMG v1 archives.

You'll be able to Rebuild archives, to replace files, to delete files and to add new files to an archive.

The IMG editor will probably also come with Drag&Drop support and will keep things simple, so EVERYONE can use it as this is the intention of OpenRW.

I'll try to publish Build 7 on Monday, but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to add all of those stuff that early.

Have a nice weekend, guys! :)

If you can, please add an option to Brazilian Portuguese translation, I can help with that.

• Like 3

If you can, please add an option to Brazilian Portuguese translation, I can help with that.

Added Portuguese (Brazil) :)

I won't be able to releae the next build today. Probably in the next few days, I need to import language updates and improve things. But the next build will definetly be the best ever :)

Edited by reditec

Me talking about OpenRW in the GTA5-mods.com livestream.

Edit: Livestream's over :-)

Edited by reditec

Guys, I gonna pause development of OpenRW now for up to 3 weeks. I want to focus on the 5mods channel now a bit and create a wiki for Community Script Hook V .NET :-)

• 3 weeks later...

So..uhh any updates?

I'm currently developing an Android app (a game), I'm creating a website for a customer with my friend, I'm running several YouTube channels, I'm developing a GTA:MP server with some other people, I'm playing in a band and (most important) I had a lot of hard classtests in the last few weeks. I'm really sorry, but due to some time-consuming events related to those activites I couldn't progress on OpenRW. Tomorrow there will be the last class test for a couple of weeks (and holidays begin after Friday). That means I can focus on OpenRW a bit more and continue developing in the next few days. Don't worry, there will be a new build next week or something with new cool features!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

bf4610ba18.png

Another status update:

The_GTA and I spent the last few hours on improving / fixing the IMG v1 ReBuilder.

Now it finally works. Anyway there are still a lot of things to do (ability to add custom files, delete files and replace files).

This will probably take a few other days, but the next public build will be published with all of these features in the following days - The hardest part was done already.

057540278b.png

The "AutoRebuild" feature also works already, I will provide some GIF animations in the near future.

Stay tuned for the new build of OpenRW. :)

That was quite a session, reditec. I am confident that the rebuild feature can be fleshed out and perfected, with the feedback of the community. I am happy about our result, and would be grateful about a honorable mention in the About dialog. :)

• Like 2

That was quite a session, reditec. I am confident that the rebuild feature can be fleshed out and perfected, with the feedback of the community. I am happy about our result, and would be grateful about a honorable mention in the About dialog. :)

You're already mentioned :p

Maybe I should edit this anyway sooner or later :-)

74f9e74510.png

what about original xbox support?

as im looking into rebuying the xbox versions of III, VC, SA and doing some experimenting with them on my Xbox. would support be possible for the img files?

what about original xbox support?

as im looking into rebuying the xbox versions of III, VC, SA and doing some experimenting with them on my Xbox. would support be possible for the img files?

Sadly there is no Xbox Emulaotor, so I can't test the modifications. I also do not own a Xbox console and would need someone who knows a lot about the Xbox GTAs, the console itself and about modding.

I'm not sure whether the Xbox uses the same file versions as the PS2 and PC versions (like IMG v1 for III and VC) or whether there are differences.

Maybe there is someone at gtaforums who can help me out with that :)

Xbox imgs are exactly the same, only the files inside are lzo compressed in III and VC.

• Like 2

Report your first post with request of changing tag from RW WIP to RW REL

HirLWl5.gif

Report your first post with request of changing tag from RW WIP to RW REL

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want to tell me :-)

He's talking about this line in your first post:

Could a staff member please change the topic's tag to "RW REL"? :-)

Edited by Claude Liberty

I understand, but what does he try to tell me? I'm still waiting for someone to change the tag :-)

To report first post so mods notice it

HirLWl5.gif

To report first post so mods notice it

Got it :-)

Dear mod.

Please change the tag of this topic to RW REL :-)

Thank you!