4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL] OpenRW

reditec

I've changed it.

Follow @Tomasak's advice if you need a staff member to do anything to your topic/thread in the future. Not all staff members read every single post on forums.

Good luck with your project :^:

Thank you!

bf4610ba18.png

Build 2 is available now.

It's a fix update and doesn't come with new features, I'm currently working on IMG editing though.

Sadly I had a bug in the first build that made my updater crash.

Please download OpenRW manually here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenRW/Download/master/Binaries/latest/OpenRW_setup_100-0002.msi

New:

- Fixed a display bug in the Explorer

- OpenRW requires administrator privileges now (for access to Program Files folder)

- Fixed the updater

- Removed modify and repair from installer

- Added shortcuts

- Path.Designer.cs file isn't corrupted anymore

- Project is VS 2015 compatible

Edited by reditec

6effa370b3.png

Build 2 is available now.

It's a fix update and doesn't come with new features, I'm currently working on IMG editing though.

Sadly I had a bug in the first build that made my updater crash.

Please download OpenRW manually here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenRW/Download/master/Binaries/latest/OpenRW_setup_100-0002.msi

New:

- Fixed a display bug in the Explorer

- OpenRW requires administrator privileges now (for access to Program Files folder)

- Fixed the updater

- Removed modify and repair from installer

- Added shortcuts

- Path.Designer.cs file isn't corrupted anymore

- Project is VS 2015 compatible

Please make a support for GTA SA enhanced IMG archives. Here's a specification: http://pastebin.com/JuxNPKF4

You don't need to implement the encryption (of which details aren't shared).

Use IMG console to create new enhanced IMG archives for testing.

Edited by fastman92
  • Like 3

Please make a support for GTA SA enhanced IMG archives. Here's a specification: http://pastebin.com/JuxNPKF4

Hey fastman92!

I'll implement full support fo GTA 3, VC and SA img files (with editing) first, before implementing your enhanced IMG files (but I'll do so for sure!!!) :-)

I'll contact you at skype in the near future for sure!

• Like 2

Hey fastman92!

I'll implement full support fo GTA 3, VC and SA img files (with editing) first, before implementing your enhanced IMG files (but I'll do so for sure!!!) :-)

I'll contact you at skype in the near future for sure!

[21:19:48] fastman92: I will

[21:19:57] fastman92: but I think you should start supporting enhanced IMG archive first.

[21:20:01] fastman92: There's a reason for that.

[21:20:56] fastman92: It's the most complicated format, furthermore you'll find you're required to store a number of bytes instead of number of sectors in your entries.

[21:21:17] fastman92: If you support enhanced IMG archives, making a suport for simple archives such as version 1, 2, 3 will be simple!

Edited by fastman92

It's things that must be fixed/added:

— It must be a simple program without requiring .NET Framework 4.5. Even cool OpenIV don't require it.

— Are you crazy to name it 1.0? It is maybe beta version, not "1.0".

— Why did you create installer for only one EXE? It's silly decision. Installer is needed when your program will be complicated, with many external libraries and configuration files. For saving path of game you can use register.

— Make centering of window, please. On my desktop it don't places at center. Also icon and windows of program don't exist, if program runs, when other windows is active.

— Custom icons in explorer and warning before opening it in program, associated in Windows.

It's basic functions, I thought:

— import/export of files into IMG (including mass import/export);

— replacing of files, if imported files has names like files in IMG;

— renaming/deleting files in IMG;

— export of files, listed in IDE;

— auto-rebuild (when it needs) with progress bar;

— texture editor like Magic TXD Editor, but it must have design like TXD Workshop/OpenIV Texture Editor and with ability to export textures from TXDs listed in IDE;

— 2 guides: for users and for devs.

In conclusion it should to be sayed, that OpenRW is big and needed project. Keep it up!

It's things that must be fixed/added:

— It must be a simple program without requiring .NET Framework 4.5. Even cool OpenIV don't require it.

— Are you crazy to name it 1.0? It is maybe beta version, not "1.0".

— Why did you create installer for only one EXE? It's silly decision. Installer is needed when your program will be complicated, with many external libraries and configuration files. For saving path of game you can use register.

— Make centering of window, please. On my desktop it don't places at center. Also icon and windows of program don't exist, if program runs, when other windows is active.

— Custom icons in explorer and warning before opening it in program, associated in Windows.

It's basic functions, I thought:

— import/export of files into IMG (including mass import/export);

— replacing of files, if imported files has names like files in IMG;

— renaming/deleting files in IMG;

— export of files, listed in IDE;

— auto-rebuild (when it needs) with progress bar;

— texture editor like Magic TXD Editor, but it must have design like TXD Workshop/OpenIV Texture Editor and with ability to export textures from TXDs listed in IDE;

— 2 guides: for users and for devs.

In conclusion it should to be sayed, that OpenRW is big and needed project. Keep it up!

- I'm not sure what the best .NET version is to require as I don't want it to run on XP computers (even though I can do this without .NET)

- It's not 1.0. It's 1.000002 (Version and Build Number) There's a channel set that says Nightly Build in the "About" menu :)

- It will become more complicated soon and already generates other files and you don't want them on your Desktop, trust me.

- Sorry, gonna fix this soon

- Don't get your point, what's the exact problem? :)

- coming in the next build for V1

- ^^

- ^^

- already possible with double click, but you can't select a folder yet / coming soon

- not sure when i'll need rebuilds, will have to read about that

- Dude, I'm no designer. D: Anyway: TXD support will follow in some of the coming builds. :)

- Documentation / Help is coming soon together with libraries for Devs

Thx :-)

- Don't get your point, what's the exact problem? :)

I want to see OpenRW's file icons in explorer like in OpenIV.

YbXEnX1.png

Because, for example, icon of disc image in context of GTA IMG archive is incorrect.

Then now when I double-click on GTA SA's gta3.img (which unsupported else), Windows opens Program for recording images. If you want to keep this function, make warning about opening another program.

Also add

textBox1.SelectionStart = 0;
in About.Designer.cs.

P. S. Do you plan to translate OpenRW to another languages?

Edited by timiw

I want to see OpenRW's file icons in explorer like in OpenIV.

Then now when I double-click on GTA SA's gta3.img (which unsupported else), Windows opens Program for recording images. If you want to keep this function, make warning about opening another program.

Also add

in About.Designer.cs.

P. S. Do you plan to translate OpenRW to another languages?

Thank you for your detailed feedback :-)

I don't have any icons and am no designer, if anyonw wants to create custom icons for OpenRW he may post them in this thread, but I won't be able to create them, because of missing designer skills :p

Anyway it is easy for me to show custom icons instead ;)

GTA San Andreas IMG v2 format is not supported yet. If it's not supported, it tries to open it as a file and not with OpenRW. That's why there isn't a warning message and why there never will be a warning message :)

Thanks for your code, I will use it for sure. But please just leave a pull request at GitHub in the future :)

Yes, I plan to translate OpenRW. Stay tuned, a translation system is coming very soon! ;)

News:

- Currently working on the back button

- Added

- Properties menu coming in Build 3 tomorrow

- Enhanced exporting coming in Build 3 tomorrow (select a folder / path where files will be extracted to)

I already modified the source a bit, so the source in the "latest" folder is broken. I'll continue my work tomorrow, so I recommend you to check out the source in the History / Build 2 folder for a more stable version, if you're interested.

Probably my mate George will have some more time in the following days, so we can release new features a bit faster.

Arturs is creating a C++ class to work with the enhanced IMG format by fastman92.

After we implement v1 and v2, the enhanced version will make it into the first stable version of OpenRW (probably in a few weeks or less)

If you got any requests for Build 3 (realistic ones, please), reply to this thread :)

Edited by reditec

GTA San Andreas IMG v2 format is not supported yet. If it's not supported, it tries to open it as a file and not with OpenRW. That's why there isn't a warning message and why there never will be a warning message :)

But your explorer in OpenRW isn't a file manager for mass using. It's specific tool. And opening specific files in programs, associated for this format in Windows, is unlogical. It can works with text files, but not with IMG, TXD etc. So maybe you replace this function from double-LMB-click to context menu? Or make radiobuttons in "Settings": 1. double-LMB variant; 2. context menu variant. And user will make decision. Edited by timiw
  • Like 1

But your explorer in OpenRW isn't a file manager for mass using. It's specific tool. And opening specific files in programs, associated for this format in Windows, is unlogical. It can works with text files, but not with IMG, TXD etc. So maybe you replace this function from double-LMB-click to context menu? Or make radiobuttons in "Settings": 1. double-LMB variant; 2. context menu variant. And user will make decision.

Nope, if a user already has another program installed, like an TXD viewer / editor, it will open this one. That's useful. Currently it might look a bit strange, but in a few weeks you guys will like it :-)

Edited by reditec

bf4610ba18.png

Build 3 is available now.

It comes with some fixes, an integration of the "Property" window, a working back button and the ability to export files from IMG archives to a specific location.

If you already installed OpenRW, just use the check for updates function (Explorer -> Help menu -> Check for updates).

Otherwhise feel free to download OpenRW Build 3 below:

Download:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenRW/Download/master/Binaries/latest/OpenRW_setup_100-0003.msi

New:

Fixes:

- Display fix in About window

- Simplified code

Features:

- Working "Back-Button"

- Properties menu

- Enhanced exporting

Currently multiple files can't be extracted at the same time!!!

I'll fix this very soon.

The next version will come with some "spy tools".

This means I can see whether the program crashes,

how many people installed it,

how actively it is used and what features are used mostly.

Those informations could be very useful to improve OpenRW.

Anyway, I'll ask the user at the first launch, if he would like to enable that feature or not.

The next build will also come with a translation system.

Don't worry, after that I'll focus on the functionality of my program and will publish IMG v1 editing :)

Edited by reditec

I'd like to mention the way you're making the history of source code is wrong. Git is a history already. You don't need to manually put separate folders for the source code of each version. Anyone can come back to any commit, and you can mark commit with version tags (GitHub does this automatically for you when you publish a release).

• Like 2

You don't need to manually put separate folders for the source code of each version.

Thx, fixed that already in my cloned repo :-)

Guys, I just finished the multiple filex extractor and all new windows are now appearing in the middle of the screen, but I won't release it today. I'm working on the translation system and need to learn how translation is done with XML files. (Never did something similar before, but it can't be thaaaat hard).

If someone is interested in translating OpenRW to another language, just let me know. :)

My skype: spielereditec

Oh, and if someone knows how to do a translation with XML resource files in Visual Studio with VB.NET or C#, please contact me too!

• Like 1

bf4610ba18.png

Build 4 is available now.

Yesterday I bought myself copies of GTA 3 and Vice City for Play Station 2.

I found out quickly that the IMG system used is the same used for the PC versions.

This is the reason why this new Build of OpenRW already comes with console support.

There still must be bugs in the source code, I just couldn't fix / find them yet.

Today I worked hard on the translation system. You will need Visual Studio to do the translation.

Tutorial:

Clone the "Download" repository to Desktop.

You'll need a GitHub account and the program GitHub desktop.

Open the source code in Visual Studio.

Open one of the *.cs files, but not program.cs.

At the properties menu go find the Language property and set it to the Language you want the program to translate to.

Edit all text you can find there.

After that create a new resource file (right click resources folder in file explorer -> Add new -> Resource file)

Name the file internal.YOUR-LANGUAGE-CODE-HERE.resx

Copy all values from internal.resx to your new file.

Translate the values.

After that create a pull request at GitHub or upload the files to a file hoster of your choice

and paste the download links in this thread / as a pull request at GitHub / mail / skype / whatever.

If you already installed OpenRW, just use the check for updates function (Explorer -> Help menu -> Check for updates).

Otherwhise feel free to download OpenRW Build 3 below:

Download:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenRW/Download/master/Binaries/OpenRW_setup_100-0004.msi

New:

Fixes:

- new windows are now appearing

in the middle of the screen

- various fixes

- cleaned up repository

Features:

- GTA VC PS2 support

- GTA 3 PS2 support

- Multiple files extracting (from IMG files)

- Translation system

The next version will come with IMGv1 editing probably.

Maybe it's deleting / renaming files only, maybe it's full editing like replacing files.

I'm not sure about this yet.

###LOOK###AT###SCREENSHOT###

40354_0_feeeb77252e573ee8f2c5e0980c97aa1

English plz.

Edit: Oh that's separable prefix. Right?

Edited by Tomasak

###LOOK###AT###SCREENSHOT###
40354_0_feeeb77252e573ee8f2c5e0980c97aa1
English plz.
Edit: Oh that's separable prefix. Right?

It is: Bitte gib den Pfad von %game% an!

In English: Please enter the installation path of %game%!

In some languages there are words after %game%. Those words are inside this string.

If there aren't any words after it in your language, just leave it empty. :-)

I displayed the German version, because there isn't any text there in the English version, as it's not necessary xD

I left there "!"

I left there "!"

I will format those things later anyway :)

I think the "!" is added by the program anyway. Next build will include all the translations that will be finished until tomorrow (Currently it's Czech) :)

thanks reditec for this great tool .

i translated to Persian (Farsi) for Iran , Afghanistan , Tajikistan , and some people of Pakistan and all Farsi speakers . Available on oneskyapp

I hope that helps :santa:

thanks reditec for this great tool .

i translated to Persian (Farsi) for Iran , Afghanistan , Tajikistan , and some people of Pakistan and all Farsi speakers . Available on oneskyapp

I hope that helps :santa:

Thank you!

I appreciate your help!

any chance you will add support for "Scarface The Game" as it uses Renderware (Not sure exactly which version)?

There has been a bit of documentation done on both Xentax aswell as some other modding site about the file formats...

http://tmsexymaria.angelfire.com/scarface.html

http://forum.xentax.com/search.php?keywords=scarface&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2143&start=30

would be nice to be able to extract models & textures and port them to GTA.

Hell, maybe even bring the map to VC, SA, or IV...

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

I will try to correct mistakes in czech tranlation after release, so i can see if some text isn't messed up

any chance you will add support for "Scarface The Game" as it uses Renderware (Not sure exactly which version)?

It most certainly does *not* use RenderWare. I wrote an extractor for the archives some years ago and tried to make sense of their contents but thought the file tree and file formats were a pretty convoluted mess. Looks like some people could make more sense of them but the game certainly has nothing to do with GTA or RenderWare.

It most certainly does *not* use RenderWare. I wrote an extractor for the archives some years ago and tried to make sense of their contents but thought the file tree and file formats were a pretty convoluted mess.

The Hero is absolutely right at this point.

Rockstar used their own file formats (like IMG) and only some of the RW formats.

Supporting a game not made by Rockstar using RenderWare is harder, because there is no documentation for the special file formats made by the developers.

This does not mean I won't try to write a tool for Scarface, but I'll do it after adding full support for all RW based GTA games.

Maybe there are even better documentations available then :)

bf4610ba18.png

Yesterday you guys helped me out a lot by translating OpenRW.

This is the result:

b3952e36db.png

I now will visit a barber.

After that I'll implement all of those languages in OpenRW and will publish Build 5.

You guys will have somte time to fix mistakes and I will add new strings soon for the IMG Editor.

The full editor for VC and 3 will be published in the next days :)

After this I finally will focus on GTA: San Andreas and after that the first stable version of OpenRW will be available :)

Edited by reditec

bf4610ba18.png

After adding Portuguese, Russian and Czech translation, I have to stop the work on OpenRW for today.

Build 5 is available now :)

The three remaining languages will be added tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

Good work so far. I'm looking forward to OpenRW's future progress. I have also expressed my support by translating it into Bulgarian language.

Thank you for giving us a chance to make this tool available for everyone.