Heist Map Updates in Single Player

nkjellman

V0.5 as I know it will contain the following content.

-High Life Update apartments optimized. Half of them will have the original interior, and the other half will have the updated Heist interior. No more will there be two apartments inside of each other. This has improved performance.

-Remove more unnecessary ymaps to improve performance.

-Updated SP Garage config so the 10 car garage entrances are behind the door.

-Add nav meshes so spawned peds in Aircraft Carrier, Yacht, and Police Station will know where their going. This will help future modders who decide to populate those areas.

These features will be in the new version depending on how things go. Hopefully the first one will work.

-Half of the original high end apartment interiors will be the original interior, the other half will be the heist interior.

-Original High End apartment interior replaced with heist version. This will be an add on. Hopefully the lighting won't go bad.

-Investigate further into changing the 10 car garage to the heist one with improved lighting.

Edited by nkjellman

-High Life Update apartments optimized. Half of them will have the original interior, and the other half will have the updated Heist interior. No more will there be two apartments inside of each other. This has improved performance.

-Add nav meshes so spawned peds in Aircraft Carrier, Yacht, and Police Station will know where their going. This will help future modders who decide to populate those areas.

These features will be in the new version depending on how things go. Hopefully the first one will work.

-Half of the original high end apartment interiors will be the original interior, the other half will be the heist interior.

-Original High End apartment interior replaced with heist version. This will be an add on. Hopefully the lighting won't go bad.

-Investigate further into changing the 10 car garage to the heist one with improved lighting.

Good luck !

hVkHt44.jpg

One tiny stupid ass typo prevented it from loading. Right now, half of the high end apartments are original, and the other half heist. I'm gonna look into collaborating with script modders to see if we can disable and enable them, thus allowing the developer of a future apartment mod to support upgrading the interior. By default, there are subtle differences, but as everything is loaded from separate files, there can be some major differences.

If this can't be done, half of the high end apartments will be original, and the other half will be heist.

As for the garage interior, that will have to be investigated. I have a small feeling that the interior will have to be loaded via script. Since the SP Garage developer seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth, it is uncertain right now if we will be able to use SP Garage with the updated interior. If I can get the updated interior working, great! If I have to replace the original one, I will as the heist one has better lighting. But I would like to be able to switch between the two, so in SP Garage, an option could be added where you buy the heist one as an upgrade.

He's probably in vacations. And as there's a way to load / unload IPLs, there might be a way to load / unload a certain type of apartment using the same function.

He's probably in vacations. And as there's a way to load / unload IPLs, there might be a way to load / unload a certain type of apartment using the same function.

I will have to investigate. The thing is, I have never wrote an asi before, so I have no idea what proper tools to use,or how the syntax is supposed to look. I am guessing it is somewhat similar to Python and Java. I have used those languages before for class.

Edit: Also, after doing some testing, I found that a few of the heist versions of the 2 story high end interiors don't want to load. I probably used the wrong ymap.

Anyways, I need a script which attempts to unload the original 10 car garage and loads the heist version. I am hoping that it can be compatible with SP Garage.

Edit: Quick survey question for those who have used this mod.

Do you feel like the performance is smoother, the same, or less smooth in the city while using v0.4?

I feel that the micro stuttering is a little worse with the mod. So in short, before I release 0.5, I will be going through a tedious process of deleting and adding ymaps to the game.

Also, it turns out that the Felecia banks have changed slightly. I have noticed minor changes when comparing the new bank to the old bank. However, that interior is like the garage. The only possible way to fix it, which worked for the police station, but not the garage, will unfortunately break the liquor store interior. Fortunately, it looks like I can upgrade the original interior by replacing the models. However, they added separate models for safety deposit boxes. Fortunately, in the old interior, the safety deposit boxes are part of the interior's shell. So long story short, it isn't noticeable if you are just visiting the interior, and not playing the actual heist.

I'm gonna look into updating some areas in the country side which have models added. The changes will be subtle though, however, I haven't really compared the areas.

Edited by nkjellman

Apologies for what is probably a foolish question. I'm having trouble getting this to work. What I did: Downloaded the Heist update file and Open Interiors 3. I then moved the .rpf file from patchday2ng in the heist update file to the steamapps/common/gtav/update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday2ng. So basically swapped these 2 files and don't see any others to swap. I also placed the openinterior.asi into the steamapps/common/gtav folder. All of the other area that have been opened with open interiors work but I cannot find the aircraft carrier or yacht. I did find some huge area of snow floating in the sky to the south east of Los Santos.

Let me know if you are seeing errors in my process as this is the first game I've ever tried to mod and apparently suck at it.

@trantula_77: Make sure that the dlc.rpf in the patchDay2NG folder in your GTA V folder is the one from the mod. If that isn't working, download Open IV and use it to install OpenIV.asi. Then create a folder in your GTA V folder called mods. Then put the x64 folder found in the Heist Update archive into the mods folder.

Anyways, I must admit. Rockstar sure made it tedious to get the best quality map. The heist map update files have the resolution enhanced on some textures, however they decreased the quality on others. I am going through the long tedious process of getting the highest quality textures in 0.5, so you will get the upgraded textures, but not the downgraded ones. I have currently been working on the country side. There are map updates out there that I didn't even know about. For example, they opened up another hanger at Fort Zancudo.

Maybe they downgraded some texture due to technical limitations ?

Might be an oversight or bug tbh

Maybe they downgraded some texture due to technical limitations ?

On consoles, yeah wouldn't surprise me in the least. They were too lazy to update them on PC.

Edit: It appears that the Noose Mod has found a way to load the yacht and carrier from the original heist map update files. I will look into this. It is quite possible that they were only able to add IPL's, and they were not able to load the normal map the way it does in Online as it swaps stuff out. Ether way, this could help this mod, not kill it.

1. If the method the Noose developers found can load the heist map updates completely without any bugs, this mod will be updated to use a script to load the heist map updates, and it will also include higher resolution textures of the textures that were downgraded in the heist map updates.

2. If the the method the Noose developers found can only load the files, and isn't able to swap stuff out, I will contact them in regards to how they did their method. It will allow me to shrink the mod down so more stuff will be loaded from the original files. It should also allow me to fix that garage interior, as now I know how to break the old one if need be.

Edited by nkjellman
  • Like 2

Nice. This seems promising.

I tested it. It behaves like GTA Online. No bugs. No duplicates. Only problems are that the garage interior is broken, and Open Interiors is broken. Open Interiors behaves like Heist Map Updates isn't installed, and several interiors are broken. (The same ones that are broken in GTA Online.)

So I am looking into collaborating efforts with the Noose Mod. I've contacted the developers. If a team effort can be established to create a combo of Heist Map Updates, Noose method of loading them, and Open Interiors, we can achieve what I like to call "The Best Map". The best map has the following features.

-All Heist Map Updates working from original files with no duplicates. -Noose developers

-Open Interiors updated to load all of the interiors properly while loading the map updates from dlc_mpheist rather than patchDay2NG. -TaazR

-No downgraded textures in heist map updates. -me

-Possibly have access to the old and new high end and garage interiors in one play session. -me

I tested it. It behaves like GTA Online. No bugs. No duplicates. Only problems are that the garage interior is broken, and Open Interiors is broken. Open Interiors behaves like Heist Map Updates isn't installed, and several interiors are broken. (The same ones that are broken in GTA Online.)

So I am looking into collaborating efforts with the Noose Mod. I've contacted the developers. If a team effort can be established to create a combo of Heist Map Updates, Noose method of loading them, and Open Interiors, we can achieve what I like to call "The Best Map". The best map has the following features.

-All Heist Map Updates working from original files with no duplicates. -Noose developers

-Open Interiors updated to load all of the interiors properly while loading the map updates from dlc_mpheist rather than patchDay2NG. -TaazR

-Possibly have access to the old and new high end and garage interiors in one play session. -me

The best map *-*

This sounds like a great plan. I hope it can be done.

The best map *-*

This sounds like a great plan. I hope it can be done.

By the look of it, it should be. As long as everyone collaborates. But if Open Interiors gets updated, it should work. Users will have to download a separate link. This mod by itself will just be a texture update. No more 1.5 GB download. (I should point out that V0.5 was going to be about 1.7 GB.) But hopefully the developers who made Noose will be able to do one that just does the Heist Map Updates for those who may want the map updates, but don't want Noose. But that may not be necessary as Noose really doesn't interfere with the normal game play. But I should also point out that this mod could get expanded to include some beta interiors, and fix collisions once we have map editing.

However, with the Noose Mod, I feel like the micro stutters are a lot worse. :( As if they weren't bad enough. It could just of been the current play through though. Sometimes micro stutters are horrible for me, and other times they are barely noticeable.

I hope the micro stutters will get fixed by future technology like GTA IV's short comings did (well a combination of future technology and my IV/EFLC Graphical Bug Fixes mod). But I don't know as they happen when everything is on low. It is quite possible that the occur on a PC with 5 Titans in it.

Edited by nkjellman

Seriously, this and Open Interiors should merge into a single map mod. Would be pretty awesome. Then after that's done, hopefully we'd see some mods that populate the new locations with NPCs.

Seriously, this and Open Interiors should merge into a single map mod. Would be pretty awesome. Then after that's done, hopefully we'd see some mods that populate the new locations with NPCs.

That is the idea. The user just needs to install this and Open Interiors V3. However, Open Interiors is going to need to be updated again. A much more efficient way is now known.

Edit: There is one major problem with the method. :(

QVPVG0E.jpg

GTA Online map downgrades everywhere!

FSvZkkJ.jpg

I mean everywhere!

If I can find the disabled IPL's, I might be able to get them loading.

Edited by nkjellman
  • Like 2

^ the interiors now load correctly, so this gives you a way to switch between Original high end apartments and the updated ones. The hight life apartments also work with this, so does the lobbies and the police station. No idea why interiors in openinteriors don't work, they work fine in my teleports menu, I am guessing it is using interiors by handle, instead of using coords to get the handle from the game as I do in trainer ?

As to downgrades, yes that is logical I guess, that's why I simply allow user to enable and disable this on the fly.

By the way it also loads the changed 10 car garage. I went to the teleport I have for it without the MP maps enabled and got the one I am used to, by enabling the MP Maps options, the light went brighter.

Edited by sjaak327

Oh I see... This method tells the game that you are in GTA Online. So there's the good part (Aircraft Carrier, etc...) and the worse part (downgrades).

EDIT: I think the good method should be to enable this everytime a heist map IPL is loaded, and to disable it everytime the IPL is unloaded.

Edited by PursuitForceS

Yes, trouble is, it takes time to load/unload like a good 5-6 seconds on my machine, might be quicker on more capable machines, don't know. To do that with every teleport quickly becomes tedious.

I see... I guess the missings IPL will behave like the aircraft carrier's before, and automatically remove themselves. If that's the case, we've got a real problem.

In my testing it appears you can switch to MP map on the fly. It enables the updated high end apartments, the high life apartments and the carrier yaht and police station. (for carrier and yaht, you would still need to load the IPL). However props disappear and don't come back when you disable the MP map.

They only come back when loading a save or restarting the game.

Scrap the last stuff, props do re-appear after disabling the MP map stuff, that was just an error in my code.

Edited by sjaak327

It could be multiple IPL's. To be honest the native to load and unload the MP map works brilliantly, and it provides the ability to switch between apartments on the fly, without any need for file editing.

If you do find out what IPL's are involved, let me know, as I can load those via script, so that even if you do load the MP map, it will look as the SP map with added MP stuff.

Good luck with this!

By the way, have you thought about adding some interiors in the countryside?

It could be multiple IPL's. To be honest the native to load and unload the MP map works brilliantly, and it provides the ability to switch between apartments on the fly, without any need for file editing.If you do find out what IPL's are involved, let me know, as I can load those via script, so that even if you do load the MP map, it will look as the SP map with added MP stuff.

Sounds great with me.

It may be possible to write a script which creates a log file. Then we run it when going into SP, then do it when going into Online. Then we can compare the two files and see which IPLs are being loaded.

That method could be used in the future if we want multiple maps.

Edit: I will still correct the downgraded textures. That is all this will be now that scripts. Regardless, it is what will be done to get the best map.

Edited by nkjellman

And what if the IPLs are being "locked" like the heist IPLs were ?

Then I will add them the same way I unlocked the heist IPLs.

And what if the IPLs are being "locked" like the heist IPLs were ?

Then I will add them the same way I unlocked the heist IPLs.

Not needed, this can all be done by code.

The mod you referred to is using two natives, one to enable the map and one to load it, this makes props disappear. However, I found out that after loading the map, the first native can be set to 0 again, this prevents the props from disappearing AND still allows for the carrier and yacht to be loaded and it still enables the lobbies and the updated high end apartments.