2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

nkjellman

Heist Map Updates in Single Player

nkjellman

the MP maps function in SP also enables both the interior and exterior of this new garage Nkjelman :)

But the bugs regarding missing props (like Michael's bed) when enabling MP maps were solved?

Haven't checked, but I doubt it.

I think that now that we have the extended ID mod, we can fix that. Hopefully then we can generate a list of these props and their coordinates and respawn them when the map updates are enabled (and disable them when they are disabled to prevent duplicates when the native props reappear).

Shakez

@nkjellman
Human's brain work in mysterious ways.For some of us, it's a difference from sky to earth between enable these heist maps with trainer AND auto-enable them when the game starts.It is more realistic.This is the reason we want for you to continue your work.Even if the trainer will have these functions

nkjellman

@nkjellman

Human's brain work in mysterious ways.For some of us, it's a difference from sky to earth between enable these heist maps with trainer AND auto-enable them when the game starts.It is more realistic.This is the reason we want for you to continue your work.Even if the trainer will have these functions

Still, no need. If you enable them, then save your settings to the trainerv.ini, the game will start with them enabled.

On the flip side, I have an idea for a project that you guys might find more interesting.

Edited by nkjellman

Shakez

What project?!

Edited by Shakez

DamnedDev

I still think this mod still can have use even if the trainer can turn on the online stuff. I really loved using it before the trainer thing. Some of the bugs when using the trainer do bug me and could be useful if using this method to iron those bugs out.

Shakez

Ye.I think that too.
Because I honestly hate the new trainer design.To many options but I have to keep it because of the "enable MP maps"
If I have "heist map updates in single player 0.5" it will be no problem

nkjellman

I have decided that I may continue this mod but several changes will be made. Here are the changes. I hope you guys will like.

1. Mod name will change from Heist Map Updates in Single Player to Online Map Updates in Single Player. The reason why is because the map updates aren't just from the Heist update, but also the Low Rider update.

2. The mod will be an asi script which will load the map updates properly.

3. The missing props will be restored via script. (Not all of them as there are a lot, and I don't want to create spoilers. However, the safe houses will look right. Jimmy and Tracy are slobs, and lets say that Michael and Amanda got pissed off and made them clean their rooms.)

4. I am looking to make this independent from Open Interiors as well. In which case, I'll enable the interiors. I will make this something that can be disabled via ini. I'll also make the 10 car garage load off the bat so rather than breaking the 10 car garages in SP Garage, you will have the updated interior.

5. I'll include my texture updates which replaces textures in the Heist Map Updates which were downgraded to lower resolution versions. (There not new textures. Their from the SP map and are just higher resolution versions)

So for this, I ask that someone provide me with all of the IPL names for the interiors that I need to get this to work correctly. You will definitely be credited.

So why am I thinking about doing it this way?

1. I have been taking some programming classes for college. I would like to try and apply what I have learned and create something for GTA.

2. Now that we have the Benny's Motor Works mod, I figured that this would be a good thing to have to get the best experience possible. This includes having the Online maps without the SP Safe Houses taking a hit, having the interiors work correctly with the MP Maps, and also having this work correctly with SP Garage without having to go into the trainer and enable the MP Maps in order for the 10 car garage to work.

Right now, I'm currently working on spawning the missing props with the trainer.

Edited by nkjellman

Shakez

good idea:D
Any idea it's good if it's not a trainer to enable them
Good luck :)

nkjellman

good idea:D

Any idea it's good if it's not a trainer to enable them

Good luck :)

it is a SNT Objects.ini. However, it can be placed in the autoload folder so it loads automatically. However, I may look into getting the mod to load the objects. I just need to learn how to take in input from a file.

_CP_

I guess IPL name are in gamearea_metadata.rpf e.g. "update\x64\dlcpacks\mplowrider\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\_citye\scentral_01\scentral_metadata.rpf". There are a lot of .ymap files (earlier .wpl/ipl in older GTA's), even related to SP savehouses, like "lr_sc1_11_interior_v_franklins_milo_".

Something related to Michael's house is in "update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\_cityw\beverly_01\beverly_metadata.rpf\hei_bh1_48_interior_v_michael_milo_.ymap"

Edited by _CP_

nkjellman

I guess IPL name are in gamearea_metadata.rpf e.g. "update\x64\dlcpacks\mplowrider\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\_citye\scentral_01\scentral_metadata.rpf". There are a lot of .ymap files (earlier .wpl/ipl in older GTA's), even related to SP savehouses, like "lr_sc1_11_interior_v_franklins_milo_".Something related to Michael's house is in "update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\_cityw\beverly_01\beverly_metadata.rpf\hei_bh1_48_interior_v_michael_milo_.ymap"

I already tried those. They are just there because for some odd reason, all of the ymaps for the whole section have to be in the RPF. Not the ones that are actually being modified.

Edit: There will not be a safe house prop fix unless the Simple Trainer can be updated to save objects that need the object unlocker to spawn. Why?

The Map Editor blows for doing something like this! Why?

-It crashes occasionally.

-Positioning objects accurately is frigidity. It would be easier if I could ignore collisions, and bring objects closer and further from the camera.

-When I go into the Object Entry menu, I can edit the object's coordinates. Handy dandy feature. BUT!!!! the map editor thinks its a great idea to lock the camera in a position where I can't see what the hell I am doing! If this feature wasn't present, or could be disabled, I would be releasing the mod right now.

f2nvMFR.jpg

Trying to edit the placement of Michael's bed. Very helpful camera placement which I can't move.

It would be nice if we could just find out how those props spawn in the first place and force the code making them spawn work on the Online map.

Edit: Excellent News! I have stumbled on the code which is controlling the props in the safe houses! It is in building_controller. I know for sure that this is controlling each scenario.

The code is in building_controller. Since we can't recompile native scripts, we have to settle for .asi, .net, or .lua. I am not sure if this can be done with plugins.

Take this code for example. This is part of a switch statement which shows each instance for Franklin's house in the hills, along with props that are added as the story goes.

switch (a_1) {    case 156:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "showhome_only";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 157:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "franklin_unpacking";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 158:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "franklin_settled";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 163:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "progress_tshirt";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 159:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "bong_and_wine";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 161:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "progress_flyer";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 162:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "progress_tux";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 160:        a_0._f3 = 2;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "locked";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "unlocked";        a_0._f2A/*"32"*/ = "v_franklinshouse";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {7.0256, 537.3074951171875, 175.02810668945312 };        break;    case 96:        a_0._f3 = 1;        a_0._f8[0/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "";        a_0._f8[1/*8*/]/*"32"*/ = "chophillskennel";        a_0/*{3}*/ = {19.0568, 536.4818115234375, 169.6277 };        break;    }    return 1;}
Now, I'm sure there is more code to this than that, but this is each scenario. I'm pretty sure there is more investigating that needs to occur, but I'm sure the rest of the puzzle is in building_controller. I recognize this type of statement from my programming classes, but I'm also sure that there is more to it. Edited by nkjellman

Shakez

how is your progress so far?

yhdg116

thk u for sharing