2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

nkjellman

Heist Map Updates in Single Player

nkjellman

After some testing I noticed this modded rpf unloads the Pacific Bank.

Not sure if you're aware of this nkjellman.

No I wasn't. I will look into it. I think it has to do with there being a new Pacific Bank interior. I didn't bother looking into adding it as there doesn't seem to be any differences from the old one.

Edit: It is still there in my game. Could you post some screen shots and tell me which version of the game you have?

After further testing the Pacific bank unloads after you enter the Del Perro Heights apartment across the street from Bahama Mamas.

r8xtuh.png

Hmmm. That is weird. It might be an issue with the mod you are using to access the Del Perro Heights apartment.

I'm using sjaaks SNT aribreak to get to the apartment.

The apartment doesn't load when I use the original patchday2ng/dlc.rpf

Does it only do that with that specific apartment?

sjaak327

Hey nkjelman, can you provide me with the coords of the apartments ? They are not in the same location as the old one, as I was able to teleport to the two existing Integrity Way apartments and found one of the new ones.

nkjellman

Hey nkjelman, can you provide me with the coords of the apartments ? They are not in the same location as the old one, as I was able to teleport to the two existing Integrity Way apartments and found one of the new ones.

Check you're PM's. I sent you a test asi file which will load them. It seems that most of the High Life ones are one floor above or one floor below the original High End Apartments.

Also, have you been able to load the Heist Updated version of the original High End apartment and the Heist version of the 10 car garage? If not, I have a file I need to send you to see if it fixes the problem. If it does, I'll need to release a hot fix. I'm hoping to get the Heist 10 car garage working because it has better lighting, and I want to get both versions of the apartments working so modifying them will add a possible variety to the apartments. For example, installing the mod that I posted in a link on the last page will give us more apartment variety.

Edited by nkjellman

sjaak327

Hmm, I was able to find only 5 updated apartments.

Maybe I am looking for something that isn't there:

http://gta.wikia.com/Safehouses_in_GTA_Online

Del Perro Heights, Apartment 4 - $468,000 (Del Perro)

4 Integrity Way, Apartment 28 - $476,000 (Downtown Los Santos)

Richards Majestic, Apartment 2 - $484,000 (Rockford Hills)

Tinsel Towers, Apartment 42 - $492,000 (Rockford Hills)

Eclipse Towers, Apartment 3 - $500,000

There are talking about only 5 updated high end apartments, and those I did find, all the others are simple existing apartments.

choc4444

nice mod i am going to try this can someone please tell me if i need v1 & 2 insatlled or can i just use v3

PursuitForceS

nice mod i am going to try this can someone please tell me if i need v1 & 2 insatlled or can i just use v3

You only have to download v3

K0ol-G-R4P

After some testing I noticed this modded rpf unloads the Pacific Bank.

Not sure if you're aware of this nkjellman.

No I wasn't. I will look into it. I think it has to do with there being a new Pacific Bank interior. I didn't bother looking into adding it as there doesn't seem to be any differences from the old one.

Edit: It is still there in my game. Could you post some screen shots and tell me which version of the game you have?

After further testing the Pacific bank unloads after you enter the Del Perro Heights apartment across the street from Bahama Mamas.

r8xtuh.png

Hmmm. That is weird. It might be an issue with the mod you are using to access the Del Perro Heights apartment.

I'm using sjaaks SNT aribreak to get to the apartment.

The apartment doesn't load when I use the original patchday2ng/dlc.rpf

Does it only do that with that specific apartment?

It's actually the lobby of Del Perro Heights that causes the bank to unload and not the apartment(s). I wasn't able to replicate this issue with any of the other lobbies and apartments I tested (400k apartment, Integrity way and the apartments across the street from the movie studios).

Demonstration

nkjellman

I honestly have no idea why that happens. I don't believe that there is anything fancy about that lobby. By that I mean the game doesn't consider it to be an interior.

Perhaps I could ask TaazR if he could add that interior to Open Interiors v3. That way it is reloaded.

sjaak327

Strange, this does not happen to me. I teleport into the lobby using the trainer, and then teleport back and the pacific bank interior is still there.

K0ol-G-R4P

Strange, this does not happen to me. I teleport into the lobby using the trainer, and then teleport back and the pacific bank interior is still there.

Don't just teleport into the lobby.

Go towards the corner I was in at the 1 minute mark.

You can clearly see exterior textures reloading.

Edited by K0ol-G-R4P

sjaak327

Ok, I do see the textures reloading, but when I return to the Pacific bank (the same way as you did in the video), that interior is there and I can enter it normally.

PursuitForceS

Maybe it has to do with an interior/prop/texture limit or the player is not teleported to the right interior.

sjaak327

I didn't teleport at all, I just used airbreak like in the video to go from pacific bank to Del Perro Heights lobby and back. I entered both interiors by going through the door.

K0ol-G-R4P

Very strange.

You guys all on 1.28 Rockstar warehouse version or steam?

sjaak327

393.4 / 1.28 Retail.

choc4444

well i also have 393.4 / 1.28 Retail and its working fine for me

i think where some people are getting stuck is that the instructions are not clear and there is no mention about going into the tools tab in open iv and selecting asi manager then instal the asi loader and instal openiv.asi

PursuitForceS

well i also have 393.4 / 1.28 Retail and its working fine for me

i think where some people are getting stuck is that the instructions are not clear and there is no mention about going into the tools tab in open iv and selecting asi manager then instal the asi loader and instal openiv.asi

Same.

nkjellman

I am trying to get the game to load the new garage interior in place of the old one, but it just refuses. It does load the collision.

I'll admit, this game has a lot of odd things that it does regarding the map. Sometimes it just decides not to load things. For example, the Heist version of the Original High End interior. The same trick I did with the police station doesn't work with the garage. However, SP Garage may need to be updated.

The only way that I can see so far is to have the garage interior replace the regular one, and have it be bright as hell.

d0JRrpC.jpg

The DLC version refuses to load. I really need that map editor. The possibilities would be endless.

Edit: An SP Garage Update would be nice. To test if it is the mods, I'm gonna try and see how they behave in GTA Online. SP Garage may be the reason why switching the ymap isn't working.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

I am trying to get the game to load the new garage interior in place of the old one, but it just refuses. It does load the collision.

I'll admit, this game has a lot of odd things that it does regarding the map. Sometimes it just decides not to load things. For example, the Heist version of the Original High End interior. The same trick I did with the police station doesn't work with the garage. However, SP Garage may need to be updated.

The only way that I can see so far is to have the garage interior replace the regular one, and have it be bright as hell.

The DLC version refuses to load. I really need that map editor. The possibilities would be endless.

Edit: An SP Garage Update would be nice. To test if it is the mods, I'm gonna try and see how they behave in GTA Online. SP Garage may be the reason why switching the ymap isn't working.

Wow it's bright !

nkjellman

Wow it's bright !

I really need that map editor. We all do. I'm tired of trying to weasel around with Rockstar's code.

There is another model that needs deletion. I have found that the Tri Qua La bar has two doors. I deleted the ymap from the heist update for it as I accidentally left it in the game. The duplicate door is gone. But there is one problem. There is a lod door there. I can't get rid of it. It just covers both the front entrance and the upstairs rear entrance. At least it isn't solid so you can still enter. But I need someone to find the model of the lod. I can tell that the lod is only the door. Who ever finds it will get credit for helping me fix a bug.

On a side note, I have investigated the heist version of the original high end interior and the heist garage. I think those need a script to load or something. I went into GTA Online with a trainer so I could enter the content creator with the map updates. Both the heist version of the original high end apartment weren't there, and the heist garage. The original version of the original high end apartment wasn't there as it gets disabled in GTA Online. Anywho this means that...

-Those interiors will have to be enabled via asi. SP Garage will need to be updated if you want to use it with the heist version of the interior.

PS: I might be able to restore some models from the old interior so the garage won't be so f*cking bright but it won't look the same as it does in Online.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

Wow it's bright !

I really need that map editor. We all do. I'm tired of trying to weasel around with Rockstar's code.

There is another model that needs deletion. I have found that the Tri Qua La bar has two doors. I deleted the ymap from the heist update for it as I accidentally left it in the game. The duplicate door is gone. But there is one problem. There is a lod door there. I can't get rid of it. It just covers both the front entrance and the upstairs rear entrance. At least it isn't solid so you can still enter. But I need someone to find the model of the lod. I can tell that the lod is only the door. Who ever finds it will get credit for helping me fix a bug.

On a side note, I have investigated the heist version of the original high end interior and the heist garage. I think those need a script to load or something. I went into GTA Online with a trainer so I could enter the content creator with the map updates. Both the heist version of the original high end apartment weren't there, and the heist garage. The original version of the original high end apartment wasn't there as it gets disabled in GTA Online. Anywho this means that...

-Those interiors will have to be enabled via asi. SP Garage will need to be updated if you want to use it with the heist version of the interior.

PS: I might be able to restore some models from the old interior so the garage won't be so f*cking bright but it won't look the same as it does in Online.

The Tri Qua La bar ? Can you give us the name of the door you deleted ?

nkjellman

Wow it's bright !

I don't have the name. It is lod models that I want to replace with the regular model. For Tri Qua La and the Police Station.

Tri Qua La has a lod for both the yellow doors, and I need to get rid of the police station lod (replace it with the regular model.

It sounds messy, but without a proper map editor, this will have to do. It won't hurt to replace two building's lod models with the normal one anyway.

Edit: Here are some screens.

The Tri Qua La one should just be doors. It should look like a rectangle. Tri Qua La's interior is located in v_int_64.rpf and the exterior is located in Sunset (ss_11). Another thing to note that if the lod is one model, it should look like two vertical rectangles, with one higher than the other. I know it is only the doors and not the whole building because when I air break through the wall, it looks fine. It only covers the doors.

q6uOr5g.jpg

RW0W8Bl.jpg

As for the Police Stations lod. Its making that low quality frame that follows the door frame. I believe it covers the whole police station. In the normal files, the Police Station's interior is located in v_int_20, and the exterior is located in downtown (dt1_19).

CUDmTlA.jpg

DXoGbCs.jpg

I believe that part of the lod is also a fake interior. It could be two separate models. I believe that this is causing the black look when looking through the glass doors at the entrance. If I can correct the lods here, I could fix the black bug, or replace the bug with a much less noticeable bug.

I should point out that I've seen these models before when I was trying different methods that failed to get the Heist Police Interior to work. The normal interior would disappear, and the models would show.

As my new catch phrase goes, "We need a proper map editor."

I also hope that I can find a way to get the new garage to work too. Hopefully, we can get it so we can switch between the new garage and the old one with a script. Then, perhaps an optional retextured version could be done which has one of the garages retextured (preferably the old one as I got a retexture idea that could work better with the older ones lighting). I'm thinking warmer textures, and possibly a racing checkerboard floor. If I had a ymap editor, I could add some car pictures that show up in Simeon's dealership.

Edit: For 0.4, how do you guys feel about two separate versions. The High Life apartments interfere with each other from both the Heist Update and High Life update, and the Heist version of the original High End Interior won't even load. So two versions would look like this.

High Life version:

-High Life interiors in their original state.

-Original High End interiors in their original state just as they are.

Heist version:

-High Life interiors in their Heist state.

-Original High End interior modified to be in the heist state. (Lighting may or may not be 100% the same as I haven't tested it yet. I don't believe the lighting changed as much in this interior as it did in the garage and the High Life one.)

-Possibly the garage will look more like the heist one, that is if I can restore some objects from the original interior so the garage doesn't look so bright. It won't have 100% original lighting though.

Hopefully some day a script modder will figure out how to switch the interiors from in the game. For both the original High End apartment, High Life Update apartment, and the garage. Judging by the way that this mod is behaving, compared to the way the Heist Map Updates behave when you load GTA Online, then go to the content creator, I believe that this could be achieved with an asi, but for now, we can do it this way. After all, it appears that it involves loading and disabling IPL's.

Edited by nkjellman

arewenotmen

So, ENT compatibility.

What can I use to programmatically check whether your mod is present? (e.g. look for an ASI file named something, etc)

Can you also provide coordinates (and IPL names to load/unload if necessary) please, as I may or may not have them.

Edited by arewenotmen

ShenLong Kazama

Wow it's bright !

I don't have the name. It is lod models that I want to replace with the regular model. For Tri Qua La and the Police Station.

Tri Qua La has a lod for both the yellow doors, and I need to get rid of the police station lod (replace it with the regular model.

It sounds messy, but without a proper map editor, this will have to do. It won't hurt to replace two building's lod models with the normal one anyway.

Edit: Here are some screens.

The Tri Qua La one should just be doors. It should look like a rectangle. Tri Qua La's interior is located in v_int_64.rpf and the exterior is located in Sunset (ss_11). Another thing to note that if the lod is one model, it should look like two vertical rectangles, with one higher than the other. I know it is only the doors and not the whole building because when I air break through the wall, it looks fine. It only covers the doors.

q6uOr5g.jpg

RW0W8Bl.jpg

As for the Police Stations lod. Its making that low quality frame that follows the door frame. I believe it covers the whole police station. In the normal files, the Police Station's interior is located in v_int_20, and the exterior is located in downtown (dt1_19).

CUDmTlA.jpg

DXoGbCs.jpg

I believe that part of the lod is also a fake interior. It could be two separate models. I believe that this is causing the black look when looking through the glass doors at the entrance. If I can correct the lods here, I could fix the black bug, or replace the bug with a much less noticeable bug.

I should point out that I've seen these models before when I was trying different methods that failed to get the Heist Police Interior to work. The normal interior would disappear, and the models would show.

As my new catch phrase goes, "We need a proper map editor."

I also hope that I can find a way to get the new garage to work too. Hopefully, we can get it so we can switch between the new garage and the old one with a script. Then, perhaps an optional retextured version could be done which has one of the garages retextured (preferably the old one as I got a retexture idea that could work better with the older ones lighting). I'm thinking warmer textures, and possibly a racing checkerboard floor. If I had a ymap editor, I could add some car pictures that show up in Simeon's dealership.

Edit: For 0.4, how do you guys feel about two separate versions. The High Life apartments interfere with each other from both the Heist Update and High Life update, and the Heist version of the original High End Interior won't even load. So two versions would look like this.

High Life version:

-High Life interiors in their original state.

-Original High End interiors in their original state just as they are.

Heist version:

-High Life interiors in their Heist state.

-Original High End interior modified to be in the heist state. (Lighting may or may not be 100% the same as I haven't tested it yet. I don't believe the lighting changed as much in this interior as it did in the garage and the High Life one.)

-Possibly the garage will look more like the heist one, that is if I can restore some objects from the original interior so the garage doesn't look so bright. It won't have 100% original lighting though.

Hopefully some day a script modder will figure out how to switch the interiors from in the game. For both the original High End apartment, High Life Update apartment, and the garage. Judging by the way that this mod is behaving, compared to the way the Heist Map Updates behave when you load GTA Online, then go to the content creator, I believe that this could be achieved with an asi, but for now, we can do it this way. After all, it appears that it involves loading and disabling IPL's.

You mean default interior and heist interior, the different phases of progress, in the planning room? Neat.

nkjellman

So, ENT compatibility.

What can I use to programmatically check whether your mod is present? (e.g. look for an ASI file named something, etc)

Can you also provide coordinates (and IPL names to load/unload if necessary) please, as I may or may not have them.

Sounds great to me. I'll send you some stuff that will help you out, along with something that I was wondering if scripters could implement when they update their mods to support this.

@ShenLong Kazama:

Yes. Two versions. One the apartments and garage will appear the way they did before the heist update, the other after.

Unless those updating their mods to support this can load and unload apartment and garage IPL's right on the spot. Then you can switch between the original and Heist versions of the interiors. If this can be done, I will release a special version which has texture mods applied to one of the versions of the interior. Then in a future version of SP Garage, or a future working apartment mod, you can select between two different variations of the interior ingame. Retexturing will allow for the small changes between the interiors to become major changes. Obviously I will release one with all original textures too.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

Ok... Thanks for all of those indications. I'll try to find them tomorrow, as I'm going to sleep now.

nkjellman

Ok... Thanks for all of those indications. I'll try to find them tomorrow, as I'm going to sleep now.

Alright. Thanks for you're help.

But by any chance, would it help if I sent you a screenshot of what the police interior looks like when it is missing?

Edit: So far, this is the change log for 0.4.

Done:

-Fixed double garage door at impound.

-Fixed double door at Tri Qua La

-Fixed a bug with lod lights not rendering at a certain distance.

To do:

-Fix lod doors at Tri Qua La

-Fix Police Station lod

-Implement any changes to allow mod devs to enable and disable all versions of the high end apartments and 10 car garages

I have found the issue. Unfortunately I cant swap models. The lods are in ydd files. :( Hopefully what ever bug is causing the lod to render up close is also causing the up close model to render far away.

Anyways, I may not be able to get rid of the model without causing issues, but I can make the texture completely transparent (that is where the doors are) so you don't see it.

Edit: I have contacted the Good-NTS, and NTAuthority to see if they have any ways of removing these two stupid ass lods.

Edit 2: Making the parts of the texture that render be invisible is not possible. Why?

1. They show up as black when you make it transparent.

2. The game gets a major graphics corruption which crashes you're display driver.

If NTAuthority or Good-NTS can't help, the lod will be there and there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe be fun and make it look like something that would be there like one of those bead chain doors.

As of now, here is a list of things that are more possible than deleting the lod believe it or not.

-Adding realistic steak.

-A non downgraded GTA Online.

-Creating Female Online characters that don't look like dudes.

-Removing Self Radio lag spikes.

I am out of options if NTAuthority or Good-NTS can't help. I don't want to release something that doesn't do the job right and could harm you're computer.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

But by any chance, would it help if I sent you a screenshot of what the police interior looks like when it is missing?

Done:

To do:

-Fix Police Station lod

-Implement any changes to allow mod devs to enable and disable all versions of the high end apartments and 10 car garages

I have found the issue. Unfortunately I cant swap models. The lods are in ydd files. :( Hopefully what ever bug is causing the lod to render up close is also causing the up close model to render far away.

Anyways, I may not be able to get rid of the model without causing issues, but I can make the texture completely transparent (that is where the doors are) so you don't see it.

Edit: I have contacted the Good-NTS, and NTAuthority to see if they have any ways of removing these two stupid ass lods.

Edit 2: Making the parts of the texture that render be invisible is not possible. Why?

2. The game gets a major graphics corruption which crashes you're display driver.

If NTAuthority or Good-NTS can't help, the lod will be there and there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe be fun and make it look like something that would be there like one of those bead chain doors.

As of now, here is a list of things that are more possible than deleting the lod believe it or not.

-Adding realistic steak.

I am out of options if NTAuthority or Good-NTS can't help. I don't want to release something that doesn't do the job right and could harm you're computer.

What about putting only one non transparent pixel on the texture ? Or filling it with colors that have "1" for alpha ? Edited by PursuitForceS

nkjellman

Done:

To do:

-Fix Police Station lod

-Adding realistic steak.

What about putting only one non transparent pixel on the texture ? Or filling it with colors that have "1" for alpha ?

Won't work.

Lets just say that doing it causes a RPF corruption which makes you're display driver malfunction and crash as soon as you play the game with that RPF. Even deleting the file doesn't fix it. The game can't do transparent textures on lods. Lets just face it. It is not going to get fixed unless NTA or Good can help.

NTA said he would write a tool for me to do it, but he won't be at his PC for a while.

PursuitForceS

Done:

To do:

-Fix Police Station lod

-Adding realistic steak.

What about putting only one non transparent pixel on the texture ? Or filling it with colors that have "1" for alpha ?

Won't work.

Lets just say that doing it causes a RPF corruption which makes you're display driver malfunction and crash as soon as you play the game with that RPF. Even deleting the file doesn't fix it. The game can't do transparent textures on lods. Lets just face it. It is not going to get fixed unless NTA or Good can help.

NTA said he would write a tool for me to do it, but he won't be at his PC for a while.

The police station's lod don't have transparency for the glass on the door ?