Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,272 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

nkjellman

Heist Map Updates in Single Player

nkjellman

Heist Map Updates in Single Player

by nkjellman

IMPORTANT NOTE: The read me says to download Open Interiors V3. That is not out yet. TaazR is working on V3. So for now, use IPL Loader. The reason why I put that in the read me is so I don't have to reupload the 1.3 GB file just to update the read me.

Description:
This mod adds the aircraft carrier and heist yacht in Single Player. It also makes all of the interiors from the High Life Update and Heist Update be avalable to be loaded with an asi script in Single Player. Another thing it does is makes the updated high end apartment exteriors load. You can enter the updated apartment lobbies, and parking garages.

Download:

Previous Versions:

Change log:

V0.4:
-Removed unnecisary ymaps.
-Double doors at Police Impound fixed
-Double doors at Rock Club fixed.
-Disapearing night lights when flying high and far away from the city should be fixed.
V0.3:
-Added all of the Heist Map Updates in the city. (Updated apartment exteriors with updated parking garages and lobbies which are now enterable)
-Added the updated Police Station interior.

V0.2:

-Interior IPL's added:

*Original High Life Apartment interior now available.

*Updated Heist version of interiors for original High End Apartment interior, and High Life Apartment interior.

*Heist Police interior now available

*Bonus: Hidden High Life Update garage interior now available. You should be able to spawn models from it with the trainer by typing in the model name.

*NOTE: None of the interiors will actually be loaded. We need an asi to call them.

V0.1:

-Heist Yacht and Aircraft Carrier IPL's avalable in Single Player.

Here is a few screens of the yacht and carrier working in Single Player. It works just as it does in GTA Online.
3Lml1lw.jpg
bfAzibV.jpg

CQYygm7.jpg

Credits:
-Rockstar Games: For creating this amazing game.
-nkjellman: Author of mod.
-TaazR: Updating Open Interiors to load the IPL's now avalable in SP thanks to this mod.
-sjaak327: Updating the Simple Trainer with teleports to the new locations added in this mod.
-arewenotmen: Updating the Enhanced Native Trainer with teleports to the new locations added in this mod.
-Alexander Blade: Creator of Script Hook V.
-Open IV team: Creating Open IV, and enabling RPF editing.
-PursuitForceS: For helping me find a door which was blocking acess to the 4 Integrity Way Apartment lobby.
-All of those who support the mod: For encuraging me by liking, downloading and posting videos of it.
Future plans:
-Update minor map updates in the country side.
-Figure out why the mod won't work for some users who have the Social Club version. (Social club replaces modded rpf's with stock.)
-Find a way to get the game to load the files from their original location so the download is not 1.4 GB (and increasing with each update.
-Proper colisions in the parking garages and lobbies.
-Remove invisible walls, like the one blocking the doorway to Martin's ranch, or the one blocking acess to the town in North Yankton.
-Add some beta interiors that TaazR found.
-Proper acess to the High Life Update garage interior that I found.
-Restore AI to the Police Station
-Fix a lod bug with the Police Station interior, and the Rock Club interior.
-Clean up the map more so there are zero duplicate models.
Edited by nkjellman

theNGclan

Nice!!

Good work dude!

nkjellman

I can't seem to figure out how to get the map updates to load from their original location, so the first version will have just the Yacht and Air Craft Carrier. I will try and get it to be an easy install, and have it be as small as possible.

Illuminat3m

Awesome mod dude , will this be compatible with enhanced native trainer? i've been looking for the carrier for a long time!

gts.

Nice buddy.

nkjellman

Awesome mod dude , will this be compatible with enhanced native trainer? i've been looking for the carrier for a long time!

He will have to add the yacht and carrier to it. But I know of another mod you can use in the mean time.

Illuminat3m

So , you're gonna upload this or what?

nkjellman

So , you're gonna upload this or what?

Very soon. I will have you know that I was unable to make it smaller. Unfortunately the method that works requires me to ether:

-Make the install super easy, but the download is almost a gigabyte.

-Make the download smaller, but it is a pain in the ass to install.

Edit: The file is uploading. It an easy install, but it is about 902.5 MB.

Edited by nkjellman

Illuminat3m

Ok , thanks , and i apologize if im being anxious about it , is just cool to know that is possible to have the EMP raid vessel on single player , its something i've been looking for a while.

I don't care much about the size , i rather to have to download the full package that does automatically adds everything instead the pain in the ass process , anyway , its all up to you.

nkjellman

Ok , thanks , and i apologize if im being anxious about it , is just cool to know that is possible to have the EMP raid vessel on single player , its something i've been looking for a while.

I don't care much about the size , i rather to have to download the full package that does automatically adds everything instead the pain in the ass process , anyway , its all up to you.

I understand. The file is at 20%. It will be faster to download than upload though as most people have faster download speeds than upload speeds.

Edit: Download link up in the first post. Have fun.

Edit: Now I have tested updating sunset. It works, however, it will take time to update the whole map as now there is two of everything. Going to see if I can figure out what needs to be done to remove the duplicates. I think it can be done just by simply removing the old ymap files. Those have all of the data in the heist map updates to have the full map.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

Nice work. But I think duplicating the files is the only option you have, because, as arewenotmen said yesterday, lots of people have tried lots of things. To reduce the download size you can create an installer that copy the files. But if you need to edit a RPF, this will require a part of OpenIV and I don't know if it's open source.

Edited by PursuitForceS

nkjellman

Nice work. But I think duplicating the files is the only option you have, because, as arewenotmen said yesterday, lots of people have tried lots of things. To reduce the download size you can create an installer that copy the files. But if you need to edit a RPF, this will require Open Formats and I don't know if it's open source.

Yeah, that is beyond my level of knowledge. That would be easier to do on GTA IV but not on GTA V.

Anyways, not so good luck on updating the map. I was able to get rid of the duplication of the old models and the new models, however there were texture issues. I guess I will need to wait for a ytyp editor to do this properly but I'll look more into it later.

I can't rename the ymap files, otherwise the map updates won't load. So, to rename them, I will most likely need a ytyp or a ymap editor.

I will look into getting the police station working. It probably will require RPF editing to get the exterior to be correct.

Unfortunately, in SP, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable ymap files and load different ymap files in place which are a different name. At this point, it seems unlikely that I will get the police station working without texture bugs, but I will give it a shot.

Edit: No such luck with the police station. I will look into it more later. But, in an update, I will add the High Life apartment interior. However, a script will be needed to access it.

Edited by nkjellman

asilas

nkjellman can you add full police interior from heist

PursuitForceS

Nice work. But I think duplicating the files is the only option you have, because, as arewenotmen said yesterday, lots of people have tried lots of things. To reduce the download size you can create an installer that copy the files. But if you need to edit a RPF, this will require Open Formats and I don't know if it's open source.

Yeah, that is beyond my level of knowledge. That would be easier to do on GTA IV but not on GTA V.

Anyways, not so good luck on updating the map. I was able to get rid of the duplication of the old models and the new models, however there were texture issues. I guess I will need to wait for a ytyp editor to do this properly but I'll look more into it later.

I can't rename the ymap files, otherwise the map updates won't load. So, to rename them, I will most likely need a ytyp or a ymap editor.

I will look into getting the police station working. It probably will require RPF editing to get the exterior to be correct.

Unfortunately, in SP, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable ymap files and load different ymap files in place which are a different name. At this point, it seems unlikely that I will get the police station working without texture bugs, but I will give it a shot.

Good luck with the police station ! And unfortunately everything in OpenIV is closed source. So it's not that easy to make an installer that edit RPF files ^^.

Edit: Lol you caught my mistake. I thought OpenFormat was the part of OpenIV that read the RPF file, but it's the part that communicates with 3d editors.

Edited by PursuitForceS

sjaak327

Instuctions are not complete. If you follow them, the game will delete dlc.rpf in patchday2ng and redownload the Original one. (of which I made a backup, you might want to mention that Too !).

You need to block the three game executables from internet access via Windows Firewall, otherwise the game WILL delete your DLC.rpf and redownload the game supplied one.

Now I guess you simply added the heist stuff into the Original patchday2ng\dlc.rpf, but there must be another way, pretty big download otherwise.

Having said that, it does work, so kudos for this.

_CP_

@sjaak327

Not for Steam version, it doesn't have veryfing procces at startup.

sjaak327

But I am not running the steam version :) and since the Retail version was quite a bit cheaper than the 60 bucks you pay for a download at steam, I am guessing quite a few people don't have the steam version, after all why pay 20 bucks more for the same game, where I come from that's called a ripp-off.

Mr.Arrow

Dam u did a good job in that OP

PursuitForceS

Instuctions are not complete. If you follow them, the game will delete dlc.rpf in patchday2ng and redownload the Original one. (of which I made a backup, you might want to mention that Too !).

You need to block the three game executables from internet access via Windows Firewall, otherwise the game WILL delete your DLC.rpf and redownload the game supplied one.

Now I guess you simply added the heist stuff into the Original patchday2ng\dlc.rpf, but there must be another way, pretty big download otherwise.

Having said that, it does work, so kudos for this.

Or, you can use OpenIV.asi place the .rpf in mods/path/to/the/file.rpf

ex: instead of placing the file in update/patchday2ng/dlc.rpf place it in mods/update/patchday2ng/dlc.rpf

Mr.Arrow

qMvsaTE.jpg?1

Av8gK8C.jpg?1

sLT9cfo.jpg?1

PursuitForceS

Nice screens !

nkjellman

I hope that they OpenIV mod folder will work for you than as I am the only person who it doesn't work for. I will be sure to include that in the next version. Fun fact is, the mods folder not working is what lead me to the idea to put the maps in with one of Rockstar's patches which fix collision bugs even in Single Player.

Okay, for the next release, it will include:

-High Life High End apartment interior.

-Heist remodeled versions of both high end apartment interiors.

-Possibly the new 10 car garage interior.

-Will be uploaded to Mega and gta5-mods.com.

NOTE: Trainers will need teleports to access the new interiors. Also, I will try and contact the developer of Open All Interiors about this and see if he will update the mod.

Also, a message to trainer devs who plan to add teleports. I would add an ini option to enable/disable teleports to the places added in this mod, and guide people here who wish to have access to them.

Edited by nkjellman

nkjellman

Well, he did post a link here so I won't get too upset. lol.

Anyways, I am able to get the police interior to load, as it shows up in OpenIV.log. However it doesn't show up in game. I thought of a way to get it to load. I am wondering if there is a script modder who would be interested in helping me. I need a script which unloads the original police interior, and loads the Heist one. I think that by doing this, I might be able to get the police interior working.

It might be possible to unload the IPL's which get disabled in Online where the updated Heist ones take their place. I can't do it via content.xml as that code only works in GTA Online, so I thought, maybe it is possible to do it with an asi. I have seen asi mods which unload the whole map. So it might be possible to try.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

Anyways, I am able to get the police interior to load, as it shows up in OpenIV.log. However it doesn't show up in game. I thought of a way to get it to load. I am wondering if there is a script modder who would be interested in helping me. I need a script which unloads the original police interior, and loads the Heist one. I think that by doing this, I might be able to get the police interior working.

It might be possible to unload the IPL's which get disabled in Online where the updated Heist ones take their place. I can't do it via content.xml as that code only works in GTA Online, so I thought, maybe it is possible to do it with an asi. I have seen asi mods which unload the whole map. So it might be possible to try.

You're right. If we find the IPL's name, there's a native function to unload it. And it's weird that the mods folder isn't working for you... where is your game installed ? In steam ? In /program files/ or in /program files (x86)/ ? Edited by PursuitForceS

nkjellman

You're right. If we find the IPL's name, there's a native function to unload it. And it's weird that the mods folder isn't working for you... where is your game installed ? In steam ? In /program files/ or in /program files (x86)/ ?

My game is in Steam. It may have to do with the fact that my Steam Library is on Drive E which is my external 4 TB hard drive.

Anyways, Version 0.2 will have all of the interiors from the High Life and Heist update available. There are no mods out to access them yet, so for now it is for dev purposes. FYI, I enabled the hidden garage interior in the High Life update, so you should be able to spawn objects from it with the trainer.

Edited by nkjellman

PursuitForceS

Maybe. I don't know if OpenIV tries to open the directory from an absolute of a relative path.

And nice update project.

EDIT: I just heard that OpenIV has a package installation system that allow us to create an installer that can edit RPF files. I don't know if it can copy files, but a simple program can. If you give me the "hard installation way", i can try to do something.

Edited by PursuitForceS

nkjellman

Maybe. I don't know if OpenIV tries to open the directory from an absolute of a relative path.

And nice update project.

EDIT: I just heard that OpenIV has a package installation system that allow us to create an installer that can edit RPF files. I don't know if it can copy files, but a simple program can. If you give me the "hard installation way", i can try to do something.

The problem is, the map update files have to go in new RPF's. If I just drop the RPF's inside the dlc.rpf, they are considered corrupt by the game for some unknown reason. For example, try renaming an rpf, then open it with Open IV.

If the installer can create new RPF's and folders inside the RPF, then I will look into it.

sjaak327

You problably need to activate the interior, I can do that for you, but that will need testing. So if you can get me a version of your mod with the police stuff included and the coords (I have no idea which police station it is, I can probably activate the interior.

PursuitForceS

Well, if there is a way to create an empty RPF by using OpenIV, we can do it, grab the bytes and hardcode them into an installer program. When the user wants to install the mod, the program will create a new file, put the bytes into it, then call OpenIV to fill it with the right files. I will do some experiments tomorrow (i can't access my PC right now), as I still need to clarify some things.

nkjellman

You problably need to activate the interior, I can do that for you, but that will need testing. So if you can get me a version of your mod with the police stuff included and the coords (I have no idea which police station it is, I can probably activate the interior.

V0.2 is uploading. It has all of the interiors loading that don't load in SP.

Also the heist update police interior is the police station in LS where the car impound is. They added a basement with a jail cell. You will need to disable v_int_20 as that is the default interior.

Edit: V0.3 will include an updated Police exterior which will have the back doors removed. This will allow you to exit via the back of the police station as if the interior works in V0.2, you will be blocked by an invisible wall.

Edited by nkjellman