4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Kampret

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

billiejoearmstrong8
11 minutes ago, Son of Zeus said:

I agree with this. LC always looked clean and peaceful . Plus there's lack of random chases and shootouts like in LS.

I must be playing a different game. There's garbage and dirt all over the place (you can even pick garbage up and throw it to prove it, and people even drop litter out of their car windows), run down derelict neighborhoods, polluted beaches littered with trash, homeless people lying in the street, gang members all over, drug dealers openly selling drugs, and on foot police chases. It's literally known for being the most grimy looking GTA city.

2 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

It’s just not as intimidating you get me?

It depends, there's aggressive intimidation and there's quiet, being sure of oneself intimidation. Vlad was intimidated enough to back down and make the coffee lol. But I get what you're saying and that some people might've preferred a more over the top response.

Son of Zeus
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I must be playing a different game. There's garbage and dirt all over the place (you can even pick garbage up and throw it to prove it, and people even drop litter out of their car windows), run down derelict neighborhoods, polluted beaches littered with trash, homeless people lying in the street, gang members all over, drug dealers openly selling drugs, and on foot police chases. It's literally known for being the most grimy looking GTA city.

I'm talking about car chases and shootouts, like you see in LS. In IV cops peacefully arrest criminals. LS feels far more dangerous because of its wild police shootouts.

It's funny cause LC is supposed to gritty, crime ridden sh*thole, but feels safer than LS.

Edited by Son of Zeus

billiejoearmstrong8
Just now, Son of Zeus said:

I'm talking about car chases and shootouts, like you see in LS. In IV cops peacefully arrest criminals. LS feels far more dangerous because of its wild police shootouts.

It's funny cause LC is supposed to the 'worst city in the world', but feels safer than LS.

Yeah safety wise I agree it doesn't feel that dangerous. I don't think it's that different to V in that regard though, the police shootouts add a bit of action but they're quite repetitive and not a real danger to you, just background stuff like the on foot chases in IV. There's not anywhere in either city where I actually feel unsafe. In both games it would be cool if there was some more spontaneous danger going on, like gangs having shootouts (without you starting them off) or areas where there's gangs that will attack on sight, or criminals that will jack your car etc. 

HisNameIsMilad
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

It depends, there's aggressive intimidation and there's quiet, being sure of oneself intimidation. Vlad was intimidated enough to back down and make the coffee lol. But I get what you're saying and that some people might've preferred a more over the top response.

You see i want to believe that but the way Vlad responded almost sounded like he felt sorry for niko after giving such a unhappy baby face ...

Edited by HisNameIsMilad

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

You see i want to believe that but the way glad responded almost sounded like he felt sorry for niko after giving such a unhappy baby face ...

Well turns out it's ok if Niko didn't make himself clear to Vlad right away, the bullet in his eye probably gave him the hint :D 

Also if Niko had been too aggressive Vlad might not have ended up wanting him working for him and the entire game could've been different!

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

HisNameIsMilad
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Well turns out it's ok if Niko didn't make himself clear to Vlad right away, the bullet in his eye probably gave him the hint :D 

Also if Niko had been too aggressive Vlad might not have ended up wanting him working for him and the entire game could've been different!

I wouldn’t mind if that took a turn it would imo feel better f niko shows off as a lone wolf who won’t take no sh*t from anyone regardless of their name or reputation Imagine Roman getting scared that nikos going out of control on Vlad but niko profoundly proves who he is and shoved a shoe up Vlad’s ass and let’s him know you f*ck with me one more time or my cousin expect to build an entire shoe collection up your Ass! but idk maybe I shouldn’t be thinking too much of what my own joy would be I still like niko although just little moments like this make me wish he had more balls and speaks or acts up to show you can’t push this man around or even touch him or look him into the eyes with intimidation 

Edited by HisNameIsMilad

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

I wouldn’t mind if that took a turn it would imo feel better f niko shows off as a lone wolf who won’t take no sh*t from anyone regardless of their name or reputation Imagine Roman getting scared that nikos going out of control on Vlad but niko profoundly proves who he is and shoved a shoe up glass ass and let’s him know you f*ck with me one more time or my cousin expect to build an entire shoe collection up your Ass! but idk maybe I shouldn’t be thinking too much of what my own joy would be I still like niko although just little moments like this make me wish he had more balls and speaks or acts up to show you can’t push this man around or even touch him or look him into the eyes with intimidation 

Honestly I think they got the balance right, if he was too aggressive or intimidating many of the people he ends up working for probably wouldn't have picked him to work for them. As a hit man it works in his favour that he can play it cool. It probably stopped him being killed due to being perceived as too much of a threat or a loose cannon too.

HisNameIsMilad

And in addition although he did ice Vlad it was only for Roman/mallorie he didn’t do it because to show that vlads f*cking with the wrong one but he could have whooped his ass badly and sent him to the hospital way earlier in the beginning to let him know to never f*ck with his family and mallorie like that again 

2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Honestly I think they got the balance right, if he was too aggressive or intimidating many of the people he ends up working for probably wouldn't have picked him to work for them. As a hit man it works in his favour that he can play it cool. It probably stopped him being killed due to being perceived as too much of a threat or a loose cannon too.

I didn’t mean niko should be fully nuts but i think he can still have a sense of strong honor to him and whoever he’s dealing with if he’s worth like a mafia boss but if even a mafia boss makes a joke at him niko isn’t just gonna give him a puppy baby unhappy face but he mans up and tells him into his damn face in front of his whole men that niko has something in him that makes him more than the boss could ever be 

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HisNameIsMilad said:

And in addition although he did ice Vlad it was only for Roman/mallorie he didn’t do it because to show that vlads f*cking with the wrong one but he could have whooped his ass badly and sent him to the hospital way earlier in the beginning to let him know to never f*ck with his family and mallorie like that again 

I didn’t mean niko should be fully nuts but i think he can still have a sense of strong honor to him and whoever he’s dealing with if he’s worth like a mafia boss but if even a mafia boss makes a joke at him niko isn’t just gonna give him a puppy baby unhappy face but he mans up and tells him into his damn face in front of his whole men that niko has something in him that makes him more than the boss could ever be 

I guess I just see it differently. I don't think Niko acts like a puppy dog etc. I think he keeps his honour just fine, he just does it in a cool/sarcastic way instead of an aggressive way (unless being aggressive is called for). He lets those in authority know he's to be respected in a more calm/subtle way that gives them the message he's not just another errand boy, but also doesn't prevent them from wanting to work with him or make them want to kill him lol. He's not dumb, he knows there's more powerful people than himself in the city so he can't just be hot headed and do whatever he wants. He's trying to stop himself and Roman get in worse trouble, make a living, and get closer to finding Darko, and not get himself killed or lose his connections, so he has to be careful.

Son of Zeus
2 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Yeah safety wise I agree it doesn't feel that dangerous. I don't think it's that different to V in that regard though, the police shootouts add a bit of action but they're quite repetitive and not a real danger to you, just background stuff like the on foot chases in IV. There's not anywhere in either city where I actually feel unsafe. In both games it would be cool if there was some more spontaneous danger going on, like gangs having shootouts (without you starting them off) or areas where there's gangs that will attack on sight, or criminals that will jack your car etc. 

SA LS felt gritty and dangerous. Ballas would attack you in sight, had wild police shootouts and gang shootouts. 

It's a shame that IV LC is such a step back in that area. V has police chases here and there but no gang shootouts, but it's a step in the right direction. 

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Son of Zeus said:

SA LS felt gritty and dangerous. Ballas would attack you in sight, had wild police shootouts and gang shootouts. 

It's a shame that IV LC is such a step back in that area. V has police chases here and there but no gang shootouts, but it's a step in the right direction. 

I was thinking of V, in SA I agree! And in Vice City you have Little Haiti being dangerous to enter by the end of the game, Haitians and Cubans having shootouts all the time, army attacking on sight and random car jackings, and of course deadly gang areas in III

In IV and V you can start plenty of trouble yourself - get into fights, shootouts or start trouble between peds/other peds, peds/police or rival gangs (actually it's easier to start fights between gangs in IV and fights/shootouts in general are more varied, less predictable and can go on a lot longer, so I think that at least equals the random police chases in V especially as there's also the on foot chases that you can even help out with and be thanked for it and which can turn into shootouts, as well as police patrolling the streets which adds an element of unpredictable danger if you cause any trouble where it's much more predictable in V). But both lack the level of spontaneous danger in earlier games. I just remembered there is the spontaneous danger of The Lost seeing Trevor and wild animal attacks in V so I would agree it has the edge, not massively though. Would've definitely liked to have seen more spontaneous danger in IV.