4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Kampret

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, Ertan Soner said:

Look at stealth games and you see how it works. Splinter cell came out 1 year later and did it better than sa. 

Splinter Cell is specifically designed for stealth. SA did a brilliant job for it's time as a game that wasn't a stealth game. 

Samz707
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davao said:

Checkpoints was needed in IV,  it was a huge pain for to die halfway through a mission and then start all over again.

GTA 4 does have checkpoints, it just A: doesn't tell you and B: is very infrequent with them, which is a shame as I feel they do it well.

I think the expansions have them alot more though.

For instance, Bad Cop Drop has it skip straight to the gunfight instead of having the cops tail you to the location again and Buyer's Market skips straight to the gun fight instead of making you go get the heroin and back again.

The problem for me is how you're never told and how bipolar they are.

I feel the map is a bit too big with not enough landmarks if I'm honest, not to extent of Los Santos, but I feel like the map should have been slightly smaller, but have more places like a usable shopping mall instead of having lots of  buildings that you can't enter.

One of my favourite open worlds is Postal 2, because while its very small, you can enter almost every building on the map.

Also the Liberty City Gubclub wasn't a location til' Chinatown wars, which is a bit dissapointing since one of the promo-screenshots show civilians shooting at a target in a gunshop.

I also feel the gangs were poorly handled, it took me a good while before I actually realised there are gangs in the open world, I just thought they were armed civilians, Gangs needed to stick out more/attack you when the story makes them hostile, they all look too much like ordinary civilians.

I want the AOD to attack Johnny for diving on their turf.

Edited by Samz707

jacell
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Davao said:

No I am not a drunkard.  It would have just been a nice little feature for Niko to have a drink when he wants.

just busting ya chops, I totally agree with you, I wish comrades bar was accessible and the other diners across the city too. See people, this is what happens when a game is rushed, for me they can take however long they need to make VI perfect instead of half-assing it and we having to complain later.

Edited by jacell

Davao
9 minutes ago, jacell said:

just busting ya chops, I totally agree with you, I wish conrades bar was accessible and the other diners across the city too. See people, this is what happens when a game is rushed, for me they can take however long they need to make VI perfect instead of half-assing it and we having to complain later.

Or what they probably might do with VI is 6, rush the game, then probably add more things later as a DLC making us pay for it.

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, jacell said:

just busting ya chops, I totally agree with you, I wish comrades bar was accessible and the other diners across the city too. See people, this is what happens when a game is rushed, for me they can take however long they need to make VI perfect instead of half-assing it and we having to complain later.

I'll wait until 2025 if I have to. Just give us the ultimate GTA we've been dreaming of. If it's just what I expect I wouldn't even mind if it's the last GTA. I want R* to build it like it's the last GTA they are doing. In one of the interviews Dan Houser mentioned that they built SA like it's the last GTA they're gonna do. They need to think like that again in order to push everything to it's limit. 

jacell
1 hour ago, Davao said:

Or what they probably might do with VI is 6, rush the game, then probably add more things later as a DLC making us pay for it.

they don't even want to make 5 storymode/offline dlc so lets pray they don't go with that approach again

AlexnderJ

I love how passive-aggressively titled a similar thread like this is in the GTAV section, while this one is gentler, as to not harm/upset a child's feelings

🤔 makes me wonder

Copcaller

Silenced weapons would be nice 

More weapons in general 

Airplanes 

Lack of paramedic and firefighting missions

FearThoseWhoFearHim

Nothing because is perfect.

CanadianMuscle
On 1/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, xXPinguXx said:

The game is honestly way more fun during the storyline, but once you finish it, there's basically nothing else to do.

Agreed, and you can't even replay story missions either. With the exception of The Ballad of Gay Tony.

B Dawg
On 1/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, xXPinguXx said:

-The lack of activities to do after the storyline: The game is honestly way more fun during the storyline, but once you finish it, there's basically nothing else to do.

Nothing else to do? Vigilante? Races? Brucie's/Stevie's Car Thefts? Jacob's Drug Deliveries? Bowling? Causing mayhem? etc...

xXPinguXx
15 hours ago, B Dawg said:

Nothing else to do? Vigilante? Races? Brucie's/Stevie's Car Thefts? Jacob's Drug Deliveries? Bowling? Causing mayhem? etc...

I know, but I feel like there should have been more to do, the game is more fun if you're playing the storyline. I still play it to go on a rampage though.😃

Miamivicecity
37 minutes ago, xXPinguXx said:

I know, but I feel like there should have been more to do, the game is more fun if you're playing the storyline. I still play it to go on a rampage though.😃

Maybe it's just me, but the game feels far more natural to complete everything before the end of the story. I like to imagine Niko's finally given up his life of crime so still doing assassinations, LJ's drug runs etc feels a bit wrong IMO. 

Personally i would rather just start a fresh save like I do with all of R*'s games when I finish the stories. I would argue every GTA is more fun during the story because you can bounce between missions and free roam at will, but after the story's done it feels like there's little incentive to keep playing on. 

The only I've spent playing post story in GTA IV was when I went for 100%. Infact I'm almost done with my current save and I'll probably listen to some of the post story phone calls and that's it. I'll leave it and start a new save a bit later in the year.

FadeAway

As much as Roman wanted to play bowling I don't think I've seen any bowling trophies in his cab company or apartment.

Too apartment focused (though this is understood based on the location and overall story too). There were houses in certain parts of the map I would've liked to have bought.

TheSantader25

-The game does not have many things for us to buy but at least they could have removed some of our money every now and then to emphasize on Roman's gambling problem. We hear it all the time but never actually see it happen in Niko's bank account. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Helegad
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

-The game does not have many things for us to buy but at least they could have removed some of our money every now and then to emphasize on Roman's gambling problem. We hear it all the time but never actually see it happen in Niko's bank account. 

I always figured Niko was paid more for each mission than what we actually have deposited into our total. But yes, I agree with this, we should have seen deductions to make that plot point a little more fleshed out.