Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,977 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kampret

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

Big_Smiley

Fingerless gloves being featured in a ton of screenshots yet never (officially) appeared in game as a clothing item.

This was unfortunatley only in the beta. I always thought the gloves made Niko look badass. Shame they cut them though. Seems like R* cuts out everything awesome :/

Darealbandicoot

Fingerless gloves being featured in a ton of screenshots yet never (officially) appeared in game as a clothing item.

This was unfortunatley only in the beta. I always thought the gloves made Niko look badass. Shame they cut them though. Seems like R* cuts out everything awesome :/Thing is, they were heavily featured in the artwork and even on the disc artwork and screenshotvon the back of the box. They were featured in the fall 2008 trailer which was AFTER the game came out. Even a year later they were used in promotional screenshots for the PC version. http://m.thegtaplace.com/gta4/pc-screenshots/

Big_Smiley

This was unfortunatley only in the beta. I always thought the gloves made Niko look badass. Shame they cut them though. Seems like R* cuts out everything awesome :/
Thing is, they were heavily featured in the artwork and even on the disc artwork and screenshotvon the back of the box. They were featured in the fall 2008 trailer which was AFTER the game came out. Even a year later they were used in promotional screenshots for the PC version. http://m.thegtaplace.com/gta4/pc-screenshots/ Sh*t man that's crazy. I can't really argue about R* cutting the gloves because GTAIV is old as f*ck :p But that still sucks. I remember i would spend a long time in IV searching for the stupid gloves because i didn't think they were cut. It wasn't until my friend showed me proof they were cut almost a year after the games release. Grate times back in 08 :pp

Zenar

Absence of silencer, i really wanted to avoid unnecessary attention because of gun sounds.

Algonquin Assassin

Absence of silencer, i really wanted to avoid unnecessary attention because of gun sounds.

That is probably the one thing that's missing from the experience of Niko being a hired gun/hitman. I've always imagined how much cooler Final Interview would be if you could whack Goldberg with a silenced pistol or something. Agent 47 style. It would also help killing the flying rats.

So many of the missions are built for more stealthy gameplay. It's a shame it was never utilised.

Molakox

I don't like the gta tbogt map with more elemnts is not avaiable in gta4. I hated the optimization. I hate no clothes in tlad.

optimization

No Longer a Member

Edited by No Longer a Member

Zenar

That is probably the one thing that's missing from the experience of Niko being a hired gun/hitman. I've always imagined how much cooler Final Interview would be if you could whack Goldberg with a silenced pistol or something. Agent 47 style. It would also help killing the flying rats.

So many of the missions are built for more stealthy gameplay. It's a shame it was never utilised.

You shoot one guy standing outside and everyone inside the building is alerted because of the damn gun sound. I never understand why didn't they utilise a silencer. You need to use a melee weapon but you may still spook everyone because this time you get too close. Damn.

Tycek

Question is is it better to have a gun with silencer that alerts all deers in a forest and prompts them to call cops on your ass or to have a gun with no silencer at all.

Big_Smiley

Question is is it better to have a gun with silencer that alerts all deers in a forest and prompts them to call cops on your ass or to have a gun with no silencer at all.

Haha. Grate point. Sh*t even V had it's own downsides. No game is perfect.

The Deadite

Would also make shooting the flying rats a more easy task. Edited by The Deadite

Femme Fatale

Would also make shooting the flying rats a more easy task.Sweetie, he already said that...

The Deadite

Goes to show you how much attention i'm paying lmao

Algonquin Assassin

Has Ash been whipping your ass with his boomstick again? :p

Axl Rose

No suppressor was a really strange omission. Perfect for the game and setting.

straightupmenace

No suppressor was a really strange omission. Perfect for the game and setting.

There's a silenced pistol sound effect left unused in the weapon sound files. and it sounds different from the one in SA, so it's not a leftover.

uh i guess the performance of the RAGE engine in this game leaves a lot to be desired, especially on ps3. and the movement is a little f*ck sometimes, i was up on this billboard after completing "final destination" (did the thing where you just headshot kenny from up there) and i tried to climb down the ladder i came up on, but niko like any sane normal person would chose to walk off the billboard platform which works fine too. didn't die tho

Am Shaegar

Question should be whether the timing of your post makes sense, or not? Because one of the patches have already fixed the issue.

B Dawg

I think that one's only been fixed on current-gen, but still left on old-gen :p

Zenar

I do not know about animals but I can say it is easier to lose cops on PC version.

On PS3 they are pain in the ass because they are able to see behind the walls. You hide behind a very tight place but you still get spotted. On PC version I can even hide behind bushes and lose cops easily.

Edited by Zenar

Tycek

Question should be whether the timing of your post makes sense, or not? Because one of the patches have already fixed the issue.

Not a question, but a fact - it's funny how my post hit your nerve so much that you had to reply with snarky comment.

The problem may be fixed in current-gen - don't know, don't care as I stopped playing long time ago. The best thing it wasn't really an issue per se, but function purposely coded into the game and very likely would be there to this day, if it wasn't for players who found that piece in the game code and practically forced R* to remove it.

Edited by Tycek

eCola

The only thing I dislike about the friends/girlfriends is the insanely short amount of time you're given to get to them and 99% of the time they're on the other side of the city. Last night actually I was heading to Dukes so I could ring up Packie to hang out and when I called and finished I had to go back to Star Junction to pick him up

It's even worse when you have to pick him up from the prison in Alderney, because there's a 99% chance I'm not even in Alderney right when I call him from the get-go.

The Epsilonist

Some useless radio stations no one likes: The Vibe, IF99(some good songs), JNR and K109 the Studio.

bro just because you don't like them doesn't mean no one does.... The Vibe is one of my favorite stations

What I personally don't like is the lack of independency in Alderney, it is a great place, don't get me wrong, but it is supposed to be a whole other state yet it is treated like another borough of Liberty City with the same police force, license plate, etc.

Edited by OdysseyTheWarrior

Algonquin Assassin

How can anyone not like The Vibe? Man I cruise to that every time. :inlove:

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I hate how the Dukes Highway Reaper doesn't have a performance improvement over the base model Dukes.

I hate LCHC.

I hate how no one plays multiplayer anymore ; (

UncleSal

No subtitles during the TV shows.

Edited by UncleSal

B Dawg

I hate LCHC.

oDhegtb.png:lol:

Edited by B Dawg

Algonquin Assassin

I always immediately change the station if it’s on LCHC.

Inb4bdawgslitsmythroatwithahuntingknife.

:p

Queen Elizabeth II

How can anyone not like The Vibe? Man I cruise to that every time. :inlove:

The Vibe and K109 - that's all I need.

Algonquin Assassin

Something that dawned on me today whilst playing TLAD, but why does either TLAD and TBOGT have a like/respect meter?

It makes sense in GTA IV because obviously its used to gain perks from the friends/girlfriends, but in TLAD and TBOGT perks are available straight away so theres no need for it.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

The Epsilonist

I always immediately change the station if it’s on LCHC.

I normally turn LCHC on when I'm rampaging

The Vibe, Fusion, or K109 is for when I'm just cruisin'