Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,501 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kampret

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

KratosDrake

The lack of checkpoints. Lemme demonstrate.

- You're doing a mission and accidentally do something wrong? Restart all over again. (Like exploring in places where you shouldn't be or doing stuff you shouldn't do just for the lulz)

- You're doing a mission and, at the end of it all, that trick enemy gets you right in the face? Restart all over again. (In "Hostile Negotiation", next to the part with the RPG-wielding guys in the rooftop, there is a gas canister which will be likely to explode due to the concentrated fire. Most times when you are close to it.)

- Difficult mission and still getting the hang out of it? Restart all over again. (Say "Three Leaf Clover", per example.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helicopter controls also just plain suck. I mean, they suck on GTA V too, but at least there you could actually handle them.

Accidentally doing that fricking Sixaxis mission when meaning to type your cheats. Which transports you to the airport. Best part? The part where you are controlling a helicopter with Sixaxis. That is a big no-no for me.

EDIT: Fixing the separation stuff as posting in mobile is quite bad.

Edited by KratosDrake

Neon_Dreaming

Police spawning, an issue in all Gta's imo. Specifically to IV the spawning of the police boats, the minute you hit the water with a three star wanted level you're swarmed by them.

KratosDrake

Police spawning, an issue in all Gta's imo. Specifically to IV the spawning of the police boats, the minute you hit the water with a three star wanted level you're swarmed by them.

Don't play GTA V then. It is the same, only in water, ground, air... I've seen some videos where they even entered bugs. THE FRICKING BUGS. Add that with a overpowered police AI. Have fun.

Mister Pink

QUBED.

I never bothered with it until the the night before last because I played it once or twice back in '08 and didn't have patience. Decided to give it ago on the Xbox One and I was determined to beat it. It's actually a very fun game. It took me about 1-2hrs but I got the high score the other night. "A"

2c427887-ac84-43cc-825d-ad82015f38f9.PNG

EDIT: Just seen a video with someone using the special moves. I saw them but didn't know how to use them. Damn. They would have been so handy!

Edited by Mister Pink

anthony

The auto point of view/camera when Niko steel a car and climb something, I hate that.

Edited by anthony

Tomas.

You can prevent it when climbing, just keep holding move forward key.

Edited by Tomasino

Mister Pink

The auto point of view/camera when Niko steel a car and climb something, I hate that.

Yeah like when you meet a friend the camera just points towards them. It's a little annoying. I like to keep control of the camera at all times with the right thumbstick as I like having the control of looking around.

Rocky0910

Optimisation... well every game has some issues... but this right here is severe.

GTAIV2008

For me, not enough rpg ammo. Say hello to my little friend.!!!!!

Edited by GTAIV2008

Payne Killer

New Alderney not having any clothing stores, would have been nice if it had a shop or two.

Algonquin Assassin

New Alderney not having any clothing stores, would have been nice if it had a shop or two.

It's because no one can afford to buy clothes in ALDERNEY.....

Alderney..

Boozey St James

The radio! After going back to it after V, I have to say the radio stations suck horribly.

Queen Elizabeth II

True. 5 good songs is not enough, haha.

woggleman

Am I the only one that really likes IV's soundtrack?

Journey_95

The radio! After going back to it after V, I have to say the radio stations suck horribly.

Really? I thought V's radio was way worse actually. The good soundtrack during the missions made up for it though.

Edited by Journey_95

woggleman

V had some really good stations but some annoying ones as well. The only station I don't like in IV is San Juan sounds and I don't like that kind of music anyway. The rest of it just sounds like New York.

StormBreaker

The Journey. For some reason, the music puts me to sleep

Edited by StormBreaker

Femme Fatale

The Journey. Makes me throw up everytime I hear that radio station

Too soft girly for you, eh? You love brutal and hardcore, testosterone-filled manly music?

Enjoy. :whistle:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Achlys

StormBreaker

@Achlys Not girly. It just puts me to sleep.

PJR_4015

I kinda dislike how you can only switch your car lights to high beams and not turn them completely off. This is actually something GTA V fixed for once.

Jeansowaty

I appreciate your input, but please, don't be so rude :p

B Dawg

I appreciate your input, but please, don't be so rude :p

That's not how the quote goes! Here, let me help you with that :p

Nobody f*cks with The Journey :evilgrin:

Edited by B Dawg

GTAIV2008

Some of the long journeys in Francis McReary's missions. Moving from one car to another to pick up a sniper rifle before shooting a guy.

TheOriginalGunslinger

I'll take Liberty Rock Radio over Los Santos Rock Radio any day.

The Deadite

The fact Niko slants while running it's pretty f*cking odd. The camera on cars it's also too low, sometimes i can't see what's in front.

SmokesWithCigs

Really? I thought V's radio was way worse actually. The good soundtrack during the missions made up for it though.

the problem with gta v's music is that it was set in an era(2013) when music was dying what I dislike about it is the music on the stations are too repetitive. for example every time I tune into west coast classics "balad of a menace ft mc ren is playing and I hate that song. also that station plays mostly songs from the nwa family tree i.e ice cube, snoop and dr dre, the dogg pound, bone thugs n harmony and the songs that aren't from those artist are bland except for e-40's captain save a hoe.

soul wax fm is useless unless you are in a race. I don't like radio los santos because of the modern era setting and theres only about 3 songs on that station I like. non stop pop has that repetitive problem also because they play mostly girly pop like Brittany spears and I have to wait through the whole vanilla unicorn catalog before I get to the good stuff like, pet shop boys gorillaz , bobby brown, simply red, daft punk etc. los santos rock radio is alright los santos rock is the modern day version of k-dust because they both have a laid back soft rock vibe. the biggest failing of gta v radio is that there is no r&b station and every gta until v had that. admittedly gta IV did a good job with its r&b station and even more rand b plays in the stip club unlike gta v that plays mostly girly pop Brittany music in vanilla unicorn. what rockstar should've did was gotten rid of the Mexican station or world wide fm and move those world wide songs to other stations like the lowdown and mirror park

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

Ryder 12

Motorcycle missions were terrible and any chase mission was boring. Still love the game tho.

B Dawg

the problem with gta v's music is that it was set in an era(2013) when music was dying what I dislike about it is

Music is not dying. You can only blame R* for the poor music selection, not the era itself. There's plenty of good music coming out all the time, it's just not mainstream. And this proves it.

Edited by B Dawg

theGTAking101

After playing V for a while then going back to IV, the character movements feel really weird and sorta clunky. Also I feel like the camera while driving is really hard to get used to again.

But those are just things that are bound to happen when a game ages. It still holds up really well to this day.

Neon_Dreaming

Edited by Neon_Dreaming