Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kampret

Official things you actually dislike about GTA IV thread

TheOneLibertonian

I don't really think that I really disliked it, but was very disappointed that Bulgarin was a minor character in IV considering his history with Niko, and the way that TBOGT wasted him as a villain. He should have interacted more with Niko, and with Niko killing him instead of Luis.

PhillBellic

I don't really think that I really disliked it, but was very disappointed that Bulgarin was a minor character in IV considering his history with Niko, and the way that TBOGT wasted him as a villain. He should have interacted more with Niko, and with Niko killing him instead of Luis.

Who do you think would the the Primary Antagonist in TBOGT then?

B Dawg

Armando! Or maybe that stupid bitch at the club. Or Luis's Mom! Or Ancellotis!

PhillBellic

Yeah. I'd go with Rocco as the Primary Antagonist. He was a Karma Houdini in the IV Saga.

CreepShow

Yeah. I'd go with Rocco as the Primary Antagonist. He was a Karma Houdini in the IV Saga.

Who might be...

Official General

I've just got my PC copy of IV, so I'm gonna try and rectify the things I don't like, and add more things I like with mods ;)

Edited by Official General

SeroH

-No customing cars

-No ocean diving

-Lack of rewards (I refer to money) in EFLC

-Hanging out with two friends

-In EFLC, they removed a lot of good stations

Edited by GloryBox94

The Deadite

Man, when people are gonna understand that Bulgarin is f*cking boss and the best antagonist in the HD era?

jpm1

TBoGT Electro choc --> 4131OeO.png

Rocky0910

I absolutely hated the bad port from x360! it just plays like crap on very-high end pc's!

Algonquin Assassin

I think Rocco should've been, but yeah I agree with Bulgarin. Not quite as bad as Madrazo's treatment in GTA V, but considering his history with Niko I thought there'd be more of him.:(

TheOneLibertonian

I would even like an appearance of the Don Giovanni Ancelotti himself. I think that he could have been a better antagonist than Rocco IMO. Luis could have settled with Rocco back in LC, instead of Michael chasing him in Los Santos. IV characters in general, were wasted in GTA V. Packie is the only decent one, and he had some cool dialogue that he robbed The Bank of Liberty back in 2008. I fanboyed when he mentioned that!

Also I would have liked to see that Bulgarin should have been the serious, and ruthless crime boss, instead of being the worthless clown he is in TBOGT.

Edited by Diamond Dogs

Niobium

my god the PC port of this game is bad

PhillBellic

Truuuuuueee, innit?

Algonquin Assassin

I wouldn't know cause consoles.;)

PhillBellic

RESC10 Errors. RESC10 Errors Everywhere.

B Dawg

It's not that bad, at least on my end. I do have to bitch about how they broke gunplay/bulletspread mechanics and thus made Multiplayer shootouts sh*tty.

PhillBellic

It's not that bad, at least on my end. I do have to bitch about how they broke gunplay/bulletspread mechanics and thus made Multiplayer shootouts sh*tty.

R U Plugging YR Stuff M8?

:p

Journey_95

Man, when people are gonna understand that Bulgarin is f*cking boss and the best antagonist in the HD era?

Dude was a complete joke & cartoon in TBOGT (just like the rest of the characters).

Agree with @Diamond Dogs here that he should have been one of the main antagonists of IV (instead of say Jimmy who was meh anyway).

Edited by Journey_95

The Deadite

Dude was a complete joke & cartoon in TBOGT (just like the rest of the characters).

I found him to be pretty intidimating and ruthless despite acting like a f*cking brat (which actually makes sense in a way and adds to the character) a better antagonist than the nubs in V or Dimitri.

Billy Grey might be a more serious and grounded character thus a better one to the eyes of some, but i honestly found Bulgarin a more efficient antagonist than Rascalov, a character who's neither interesting, or intimidating. He makes a full turn when the story decides he's the main antagonist and his whole personality is boiled down to "i betray people".

I would choose Mikhail over him if i could.

Journey_95

I found him to be pretty intidimating and ruthless despite acting like a f*cking brat (which actually makes sense in a way and adds to the character) a better antagonist than the nubs in V or Dimitri.

Billy Grey might be a more serious and grounded character thus a better one to the eyes of some, but i honestly found Bulgarin a more efficient antagonist than Rascalov, a character who's neither interesting, or intimidating. He makes a full turn when the story decides he's the main antagonist and his whole personality is boiled down to "i betray people".

I didn't because he was played for laughs, the whole thing in the club, with his sister, the jobs he gave Luis etc. just seemed like a huge joke and silly. He is probably better than V's antagonists but that doesn't say anything considering iits antagonists are awful.

A big missed opportunity not to give him a bigger role in GTA IV considering Niko's past with him, just seems like a strange decision.

Dimitri's turn does seem a bit sudden, can't disagree there. A smoother transition would have been better (its also a shame that he doesn't appear more after the betrayal) but overall one can at least take him seriously and he doesn't do silly sh*t that makes you cringe.

Overall Tenpenny is still my favourite GTA antagonist (despite SA's story being a trainwreck), dude was tbadass, threatening, appeared throughout the story etc.

Edited by Journey_95

PhillBellic

Bumping this.

How the 'pstockade' has access to an MDT, whilst the 'nstockade' lacks access to it.

M.K.N.

Games for Windows Live. Why is R* still using it on GTA IV, especially on Steam?

AzelfandQuilava

I didn't because he was played for laughs, the whole thing in the club, with his sister, the jobs he gave Luis etc. just seemed like a huge joke and silly. He is probably better than V's antagonists but that doesn't say anything considering iits antagonists are awful.

A big missed opportunity not to give him a bigger role in GTA IV considering Niko's past with him, just seems like a strange decision.

Dimitri's turn does seem a bit sudden, can't disagree there. A smoother transition would have been better (its also a shame that he doesn't appear more after the betrayal) but overall one can at least take him seriously and he doesn't do silly sh*t that makes you cringe.

Overall Tenpenny is still my favourite GTA antagonist (despite SA's story being a trainwreck), dude was tbadass, threatening, appeared throughout the story etc.

You'd think that R* could have slapped together a basic prolog mission where we see Niko's squad being ambushed.

Prasdana21

It's very annoying when a friend calls me when I'm about to start a mission. I have no choose but to reject it, causing me to lost about 3% likeness or so from a friend. Roman and Brucie are mainly the one who likes to call me when I want to start missions.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

It's very annoying when a friend calls me when I'm about to start a mission. I have no choose but to reject it, causing me to lost about 3% likeness or so from a friend. Roman and Brucie are mainly the one who likes to call me when I want to start missions.

Just go to their name in the phone, select Cancel Plans. Problem solved.

My only gripe is the Police Backup selection when in a police car. There doesn't seem to be any use for it at all. I try using it if I'm chasing a criminal and you shoot then get wanted stars. If you are driving a police vehicle they should think you are a cop.

Algonquin Assassin

I normally get the awkward phonecalls when I'm already hanging out with someone.

TommySpaghetti

I must have a rare copy of GTA IV (not really) but I normally don't get tons of phone calls throughout the story. So, I really never had a problem with it.

Sometimes, when I free roam around there may be a few phone calls here and there but to simply fix that problem I just put the in-game phone in "Sleep Mode".

straightupmenace

Jimmy Peg is probably the most boring GTA antagonist of all time.

The Deadite

Jimmy Peg is probably the most boring GTA antagonist of all time.

What about Stretch or Masimo Torini?

He's too much of a chump to serve as a final antagonist but overall he's ok, kinda funny and his strand of missions is interesting.

Edited by Midnight Hitman