Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,181 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MrDeSanta

Drug wars VS Gang wars?

svanderman

I'd say gang wars. Drug wars may sometimes be more fun, but that's mostly because of the tBoGT-exclusive weapons, not the actual gameplay.

At first I'd say drug wars, but I started appreciating gang wars (and TLAD in general) more after I started watching Sons of Anarchy. Good show.

Xing of Virtue

Drug Wars, so much variety in those missions, with stronger AI friends, as well.

Edited by Xing of Virtue

Lethal Vaccine

Variety, yes, but usually I get the same damn type of Drug War like 8 times in a row before it changes to a different scenario. And like the guy above has said, that is the main reason I like the Drug Wars; for the new weapons. But as I said on the previous page, I still prefer the Gang Wars. They just seem way more intense and the sh*t really hits the fan with them.

svanderman

I agree.

I also think that even though gang wars may not fit Johnny, they do fit the biker theme.

Tbogt has got more of a nightclub theme, than a drug theme.

Lethal Vaccine

You got the Molly? :p There is a LOT of drugs that go through Night Clubs. Ecstasy is a huge party drug. Can't say I ever tried it, though. Only loving those green leaves like Lil Jacob.

Niko Montana

f*ck it, I like both.

WhitePimp

Although I honestly believe that the TLAD was a better game than TBOGT, I enjoyed the drug wars far better than the gang wars. It was better making money of it. I did enjoy killing the AOD members and creating more territory for the Lost MC but the drug wars was much better and it was more crime-like

Edited by WhitePimp

slimeball supreme

I like them both, but Gang Wars are cool because I like roleplay.

I'll drive up to Burger Shot, wait for a bit, formulate a plan and then act it out.

Fully sick bruh.

elhazard1790000

Drug Wars, though I love both...

StangOne50

I just finished both and I did not enjoy either of them at all. They were boring and tedious to me. I just didnt see the point in doing 25 of basically the same mission over and over again. They were much better in SA with the territory system. In tbogt half the time these 2 clowns are just getting in my way and im thinking im shooting an enemy, meanwhile the enemy is shooting me in the back. There was also lots of times in tbogt where headshots just did not work. I mean actually standing in front of the dude unloading into his face and nothing.

Edited by StangOne50

B Dawg

There was also lots of times in tbogt where headshots just did not work.

That can't be right. For me, headshots are instant kills on everyone.

Regarding Gang Wars vs Drug Wars: Drug Wars have a really stupid mechanic, teleporting enemy vehicles! You got the stuff and you're driving/flying away, and if you don't have your camera looking behind you at all times, enemies will constantly teleport behind you. Really stupid.

Big_Smiley

Regarding Gang Wars vs Drug Wars: Drug Wars have a really stupid mechanic, teleporting enemy vehicles! You got the stuff and you're driving/flying away, and if you don't have your camera looking behind you at all times, enemies will constantly teleport behind you. Really stupid.

That's been happening since the 3D era where cars start to spwan randomly when you move the camera. It's damn right annoying as hell like where the f*ck did you idiot's come from?! The whole road was just empty a second ago.

StangOne50

I did notice the spawning vehicles. I just assumed they were chasing me because I just stole their sh*t, Idk whats goin on with the headshots, I am literally 10 feet from an enemy with nothing in the way, holding my dot right on his face just blasting away and its like im not even shooting.

Femme Fatale

Drug wars...

American Viking

I've always favored gang wars over drug wars, but that may be due to the cast more than the actual combatives and such. It's just kick ass to play as an OMC tearing stuff up...and it brings me back to my San Andreas days in a way except it's alot better in TLaD.

Dangerous and sad

No better side mission than the drug wars. Hope rockstar include this or something similar in V. Maybe weapon/arms wars with Trevor.

Algonquin Assassin

No better side mission than the drug wars. Hope rockstar include this or something similar in V. Maybe weapon/arms wars with Trevor.

Never going to happen. They'll add a sewing minigame before that.

PhillBellic

Never going to happen. They'll add a sewing minigame before that.

With Unbreakable Needle DLC, valued at $19.95. :p

Official General

I preferred Drug Wars, as they were a lot of fun, and they just felt more serious. Like the OP already stated, I also hold the view that it made more sense than Gang Wars, and it was much more realistic than Gang Wars too. Drug Wars actually had meaningful conclusion to it, which was gain drugs and cash, whereas Gang Wars didn't - it was just about killing people because you don't like them. There is usually always a strategic reason behind gang warfare, and most of time, it revolves around the drug trade; modern gangs won't just shoot each other up purely for the fact that that they have low opinions of, or dislike for each other as seen in TLAD.

Also, in these modern times, outlaw biker gangs don't have gang wars on the streets of East Coast cities like NYC, it just don't really happen like it does in real life, despite what was shown in TLAD, so to me it just feels too exaggerated and a bit too unrealistic. If these Gang Wars between bikers took place in a Southern California setting like V, then that's perfect, but in an NYC setting ? Nah, just didn't sit well with me and kinda put me off. But looking at Drug Wars, there are drug-related gang shootings in NYC all the damn time in real life - and a lot that involves Hispanic gangs, especially Dominican ones like the kind Luis was affiliated with in the game.

Edited by Official General