2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

IV has a way better feel of the speed than V

MrDeSanta

I did another playthrough in IV and realized just how much better the feeling of going fast in a vehicle is in this game compared to V.

Even tho IV`s cars have a bit slower speed and acceleration than V`s the feel of the speed is still better.

Like when i`m driving a banshee or turismo for example, speeding down the algonquin makes me feel like i really am going fast. Plus the background is blurred which gives the player even better feel.

Unlike in V where that stupid camera shaking is going on when driving +100 mph which really kils an immersion.

In short; i can go up to the top speed (120 mph) in V, driving zentorno or adder and speeding down the senora freeway, yet i have the feeling of going much slower than speeding in a banshee down the east borough bridge in IV.

Yeah, IV really got this right. And speaking of vehicles, i don`t know if it`s just me but i really appreciate IV`s sport cars way more than V`s.

When i jump in some sports car in IV i really feel good, i value the car and i`m being very carefull not to damage it. But in V i just don`t value them as much as i do with IV`s. I really don`t care if i destroy them in the next corner. Most of those sports cars (even zentorno, adder and other high end cars) just feel like some generic toys rather than sports beasts. They look good alright but it`s not enough. It`s handling, the damage system and aforementioned sense of speed make IV`s cars so much better and more original.

However, it`s only my opinion.

• Like 9

CarnageRacing00

It's called motion blur

Also, how is a shaking camera killing immersion? Just how?

• Like 2

Couldn't let the thread exist for more than five minutes before getting angry at the OP for preferring something in IV...

CarnageRacing00

Couldn't let the thread exist for more than five minutes before getting angry at the OP for preferring something in IV...

Angry? I was asking a question, and informing him what that "blur" is called.

I read the thread title, then I read "MichiganMuscle77" and suddenly I knew:

200_s.gif

• Like 7

If I recall correctly, IV's got a higher top speed.

• Like 2

I feel like I'm in a Hollywood movie chase scene in IV sometimes. Because of the slow pace of life in Liberty City you could only imagine seeing an Aston Martin flying through the busy streets. In V, there's no risk of destroying the complete front end of your car and almost killing youself flying through the front windshield.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, IV's got a higher top speed.

Actually V has the higher top speed, but only by mere 10KM/H. 10!! The fastest car in IV is the Comet maxing out at 191 KM/H, yet the fastest car in V is a fully upgraded Z-Type maxing out at 201 KM/H.

Of course the sense of speed in IV is better and here's why. You have a smaller map with a lot of bumpy and tight roads, where as in V you got this gigantic open map yet the max speed is almost the same as in IV which is terrible, not to mention handling of the cars is also much easier which also takes out any sense of danger. Not to mention V's acceleration is overexaggerated.

Edited by B Dawg

CarnageRacing00

200_s.gif

You realize its you guys who start to derail threads, right? I can't post anything on here without you people jumping down my throat because you misinterpret anything I post as inflammatory. How about you take your preconceived notions of me and shove them directly up your wallowed out ass hole?

TheOneLibertonian

IV definitely has a better sense of speed with the cars. The handling model and motion blur do really help with that. The handling is a lot more intense and due to the nature of the bumpy and small roads of NLC, IV has a better sense of speed and it has that urgency of driving a real car than GTA V's. GTA V might more fast and frenetic with the arcade styled handling model, but it will never be as intense and amazing as IV's driving. It's no simulator, but it is just as fun as driving in Assetto Corsa and Project CARS, albeit being very different.

I think it's better here than sugarcoat it in another thread TBH.
  • Like 3

It's called motion blur

Also, how is a shaking camera killing immersion? Just how?

Yes i know what it is, i just said it by myself didn`t i? Unless you poked at me because i missspelled the blurR?

I really don`t understand why people like you and @stoney come to IV section and start to defend your eye candy (V)? It is a f*cking IV section you get it?

I get it that you love V and that you get butthurt everytime someone prefers something in IV to V but to come into IV`s section and derailing the threads with you blind love to V is really pathetic.

I promised myself i will never ever come into the V section again because i can`t stand it`s fanboys but now i`m goping to watch you guys come in IV section derailing the topics?

Now either cope p with the fact that not everyone loves V`s troll cars and their retarded handling or run along

Edited by MrDeSanta

200_s.gif

You realize its you guys who start to derail threads, right? I can't post anything on here without you people jumping down my throat because you misinterpret anything I post as inflammatory. How about you take your preconceived notions of me and shove them directly up your wallowed out ass hole?

Wow, you have to chill out man, for real. I just think it´s hilarious how some people are losing their sh*t as soon as they read your name. I have no problem with you. Quite the contrary, I have fun reading the debates. Good antidote to boredom.

I'm conflicted on Michigan. Sometimes I think he's there to be the counterweight to fanboyism, sometimes I think he's here to get argued with until he plays the victim card and acts like he's some oppressed minority in the IV section. Deep sh*t for 3 days of posting. :D

@B Dawg

Nice video. Your take on the handling in IV vs. V is spot on.

Edited by Canadian Badass
  • Like 2

200_s.gif

Wow, you have to chill out man, for real. I just think it´s hilarious how some people are losing their sh*t as soon as they read your name. I have no problem with you. Quite the contrary, I have fun reading the debates. Good antidote to boredom.

Well i don`t think some of us exactly loose our sh*t when we see certain names but when i see the names like @michigan muscle, @stoney, @fuzzknuckles, @woggleman, @carlito dorito and some others in IV`s section, well then i know nothing good will come out of that.

Tbh none of those people aren`t rude or anything, they say it in a civilized manner but they are still 24/7 V defenders so you can bet they will try to dismiss every good thing someone says about IV or a thing that one prefers in IV to V.

Now there`s nothing wrong if they are doing this in V section but coming into IV section and poking at someone who prefers something in IV to V makes absolutelly no sense.

I was doing the same. I went into V section and bash V. And then i decided i wont doing it again because i know how annoying this can be to the fans. So i`ll stick to the section of games i love the most IV/TBOGT/TLAD.

Now i know it`s everyone`s free choice as to which section he will participate in but just the same, dismissing every X thing that is prefered in IV to V in IV section is out of the line.

Now look at the topic. Instead we would discuss about the main tittle, this thing already derailed thanks to some people.

200_s.gif

Well i don`t think some of us exactly loose our sh*t when we see certain names but when i see the names like @michigan muscle, @stoney, @fuzzknuckles, @woggleman, @carlito dorito and some others in IV`s section, well then i know nothing good will come out of that.

Tbh none of those people aren`t rude or anything, they say it in a civilized manner but they are still 24/7 V defenders so you can bet they will try to dismiss every good thing someone says about IV or a thing that one prefers in IV to V.

Now there`s nothing wrong if they are doing this in V section but coming into IV section and poking at someone who prefers something in IV to V makes absolutelly no sense.

I was doing the same. I went into V section and bash V. And then i decided i wont doing it again because i know how annoying this can be to the fans. So i`ll stick to the section of games i love the most IV/TBOGT/TLAD.

Now i know it`s everyone`s free choice as to which section he will participate in but just the same, dismissing every X thing that is prefered in IV to V in IV section is out of the line.

Now look at the topic. Instead we would discuss about the main tittle, this thing already derailed thanks to some people.

I get your point, but one MIchiganMuscle77 alone can´t derail a thread. It needs other persons reacting sensitively to his postings. I didn´t want to point the finger at you or at someone special. I was just generally speaking that I have the impression that many people in this section are annoyed as soon as they read the name "MichiganMuscle77", no matter what he has to say.

It´s the same thing in the V section. Everyone is blaming the "whiners", but without always the same people reacting angrily to the so called "whiners" threads wouldn´t get outta hand.

And no, I don´t think MichiganMuscle77 is a saint. I guess sometimes he´s having fun teasing the hardcore IV fans.

Edited by Doctor Ray

Unlike in V where that stupid camera shaking is going on when driving +100 mph which really kils an immersion.

LMAO... Then most movie action or speeding scenes must kill movies.

LMAO... Then most movie action or speeding scenes must kill movies.

I don`t know about you but that stupid camera shaking when you go past 100 mph in V is the dumbest thing to happen in V`s vehicle handling aspect.

Only GTA VCS also had that crap. But i can understand for VCS since it`s the 3D era game. But for V that`s totally dumb. Tell me what rl vehicle does shake like that when going + 100 mph? Yeah i know it`s a game but still..

It`s like R* wanted to give us the feeling of how fast you go. While it only came out totally retarded. Maybe some 10-12 yrs old V fanboys love it but most of the players hate it.

And comparing this to the movies is kinda silly. Because i never saw something like this in a high quality movie. It seems that R* completelly failed it in V with the whole driving thing. A childish and silly camera shaking is the worst possible idea for giving the player the impression of going fast.

IV did this great. I know it`s due to alot of aspects such as the map layout, the car handling in general, the body roll and motion blurr but wouldn`t it be better in V for give us the motion blur at high speeds like in IV instead of that camera shaking?

Algonquin Assassin

When i jump in some sports car in IV i really feel good, i value the car and i`m being very carefull not to damage it. But in V i just don`t value them as much as i do with IV`s. I really don`t care if i destroy them in the next corner. Most of those sports cars (even zentorno, adder and other high end cars) just feel like some generic toys rather than sports beasts. They look good alright but it`s not enough. It`s handling, the damage system and aforementioned sense of speed make IV`s cars so much better and more original.

I remember the first time I received the Infernus from Bernie and I would always drive it so carefully. I think this basically comes down to the fact that sportscars/supercars in GTA IV are much rarer and less likely to spawn in traffic like they do in the GTA V.

So they tend to feel more special. I mean in GTA V after the first few minutes one of the first objectives is to steal a sportscar straight off the bat.

• Like 4

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

However, it`s only my opinion.

I COMPLETELY agree with this.

I think in the next GTA's, they shouldn't add the option of being able to buy cars... It's way too easy and it just kills the value that you have.

For the people who don't get what I mean. Remember pre V when you played like, lets say RDR - you foun yourself a very good horse and you took it instead of the last one? Kind of like that.

R* needs to use spawn locations more for the rare cars so we players have to go there and EARN the car ourselfs like in the GTA's before V. We have to hunt the cars down (no matter where in the map the car is) and earn it ourselfs without easiley buying it.

Edited by Phoenix_Poop

Lester-The-Molester

This thread is gold! I'll grab my popcorn.

And the chips and dip, screw the prostitutes though.

Edited by SuperGTFan

Lester-The-Molester

I'm also bringing friends, ALOT of friends, I mean things could get really crazy!

PhillBellic

I too like the Blur Effect used in the Game. However, as I play the PC Version, it's significantly less in your face. :)

I think it's because it's easy to recover from mistakes in V partially. In IV, you felt the speed partly because one screw up and you'd have to fight the car to straighten out, and it was possible, but involved. In V you either crash or bump the analog stick/d key and automatically straighten out. So it gives more of a edge of control feeling.

• Like 1

slimeball supreme

200_s.gif

Whine, whine, whine.

When will you ever stop?

• Like 2

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Lester-The-Molester

So you're telling me I brought the popcorn for nothing?? I thought this was gonna be a 50 page thread full of arguments. 😐

All of my chips and dip for nothing, maybe I should had brought those prostitutes...

slimeball supreme

Yeah, it sucks.

Here I am, a big cup of Pepsi and a bag of nuts, and MichiganMuscle hasn't cried once.

Waste of money.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png