2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Rancher Needs Customization Options

REXX

I have recently purchased my first Declasse Rancher XL. $9000 well spent! I purchased it because I tried to replicate my Jeep Cherokee 2002 model which I own in real life. Nailed the color, but I was surprised to see no customization options such as bumpers, roof, etc. Yes, it has been the first time I have ever driven a Rancher into LS Customs and I've been playing since a month the game was released! Theres me thinking it'll be customizable like the Karin Beejay, haha!

So, for all you Rancher fans out there, would you like to see more options in LS Customs for this Off Roader?

6R0Kn-Is1UGJasrBZ6GJuQ_0_0_small.jpg

Z0fIOyKPP0WHZmT_ioMrJA_0_0.jpg

^Thought I'd give the Meme a try since I've never used it! :p

• Like 1

Claptrap NL

Not only for that car, for any car in the game.

I think there are a few threads related to new/extra customization opitions already. Really hope it happens.

Stuff like this for the Rancher (example)

tumblr_mo1jzeJQTk1rzbz03o1_1280.jpgtumblr_mpr88ya2Mb1r4ug1no1_1280.jpgtumblr_mvz2o1qTtm1szvmbzo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mvz2o1qTtm1szvmbzo2_1280.jpg

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

yea true, one of the few cars that actualy realy coud use more customisation options

There's definitely room to expand seeing how GTA IV had variants of the Rancher (which I love - best truck in GTA IV!). There was a pick-up variant that was just a blast to ride around in. Liberty City had little to no actual offroad sections but my buddies and I would take these on beaches or around the left side of the map doing that whole cliff section (you know which one if you played GTA IV with friends).

I've been reluctant to buy any update vehicles that came out since GTA:O launched as very few really catch my eye but I could see myself buying this truck a few times. Throw in the roof lights from the Mesa and a lift-kit similar to the Sandking and I'll buy it in a heartbeat, no matter how over-priced R* make it.

640px-Rancher-GTA4-Stevie-front.jpg

• Like 2

There's definitely room to expand seeing how GTA IV had variants of the Rancher (which I love - best truck in GTA IV!). There was a pick-up variant that was just a blast to ride around in. Liberty City had little to no actual offroad sections but my buddies and I would take these on beaches or around the left side of the map doing that whole cliff section (you know which one if you played GTA IV with friends).

I've been reluctant to buy any update vehicles that came out since GTA:O launched as very few really catch my eye but I could see myself buying this truck a few times. Throw in the roof lights from the Mesa and a lift-kit similar to the Sandking and I'll buy it in a heartbeat, no matter how over-priced R* make it.

640px-Rancher-GTA4-Stevie-front.jpg

That has such a strong resemblance to V's rebel

Or is it just me?

-snip of GTA IV's pick-up Rancher-

That has such a strong resemblance to V's rebel

Or is it just me?

Well, both are boxy and I guess most GTA 5 players are so used to seeing a pick-up that they can easily "confuse/melt" both pick-ups into one. I drove the Rancher pick-up a lot so I don't quite see where you're coming from but I can see some sort of resemblance - although the Rancher pick-up is a bit wider than the Rebel. I think it might be shorter, too (unsure).

swy3xd.jpg

Thanks for bringing the Rebel in the conversation, by the way, as the Rebel has tons of custom options to pick from. I'm sure the Rebel is a bit older (I'm not into trucks a lot but Rebel seems late 80's like '89 while Rancher looks like a '92 sort of truck) but both trucks seem like good platforms to mod the crap out of. It's a shame because the Rancher isn't too great offroad but is so fun to drive. Giving us extra options for looks/abilities would be great for the Rancher.

Vendetta ™

This is true, it would look excellent with more modifications.

But it's certainly not the only vehicle lacking, I can name quite a few...The Gauntlet, Bobcat, Picador,Furore and many more.

Totally. There's a ton of simple cosmetic options I could think of... not even counting the brush guard, fog lights etc the GTA IV Rancher had.

-running boards

-bumper guards

-roof rack

1985-chevrolet-suburban-pic-56412.jpeg

-towing mirrors

1976_Chevrolet_Suburban_W76HV-CH004.jpg

-sun visor

-roof-mounted marker lights

-bug visor

P4250005.JPG

Not to mention all of the more offroading-centric stuff it could have.

And at least a couple of "custom" grill options. (could make it look more like the '73-78 suburbans, etc)

Even just as it is, though, it's probably my favorite truck in the game. I've had one pretty much since online launched on last gen. current photo on ps4:

mtlXGrsAR0etHMN98SDB5w_0_0.jpg

livejoker's post reminded me how IV's Rancher had the primary-color strip running along the bottom below the secondary. Forgot about that. That simple difference made it look quite a bit more accurate to the real thing... should've kept it that way in V.

Edited by Econobrick