2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr Rabbit

Doctor Who

Kippers

It'll be interesting to see who they get for the next Doctor, I second the thought that they'll go for a woman. I think Missy has been such a massive success for them that they'll have a lot more faith in the idea.

Towards the end, when Bill was in the TARDIS with the pilot/Heather and Capaldi was out on the floor, I thought for a few moments they were going to make the pilot the new doctor and reveal her as some form of Timelord we hadn't seen before.

It was just something in the way Bill questioned why she could fly the TARDIS and the response of something like, 'I'm the pilot, I can fly anything' that got me thinking...'Hang on a second, are they about to....?'

That could have been a neat way of doing it. Who says we have to follow the same Timelord the whole time.

Wasn't expecting the ending either. Really happy to see him back playing Doc 1 for real this time.

Edited by Kippers

darthYENIK

I pray that if it is a woman Doctor, that it is Hayley Atwell, who has said she'd do it. She has the geek bona fides as being Peggy Carter.

I would like something different, something that solidifies that no matter what the Doctor looks like, he (or she) will always have the core values of the character. Although, sometimes changing a character's core values isn't so bad. Look at Missy. Who I hope isn't really dead. We didn't get as much of her as I'd hoped we would this go around.

Jason

New Doctor to be announced on Sunday. Kris Marshall is the odds on favourite at the bookies, not overly keen on him my self. Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jodie Whittaker aren't find behind, so we could very well be seeing a female Doctor.

Kippers

I pray that if it is a woman Doctor

Wish and you shall receive.

'Broadchurch''s Jodie Whittaker just confirmed as Doctor number 13 on the BBC. They've not uploaded the reveal video on YT yet

She was great in Broadchurch, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what else she can do in this role.

darthYENIK

I wasn't particularly praying that it would be a woman, just that it would be Hayley Atwell. :(

I like Whittaker though. :) I only really have seen her in Attack the Block and Black Mirror.

Hopefully she wins me over like every Doctor.

Jason

Atwell's probably a bit too big for the role, it literally takes over your life and the actors can't really do much outside DW because of it.

But anyway, it's a breath of fresh air for the show which isn't a bad thing at all, I'm looking forward to how they handle it, it just sucks that it's still a year or so away before we see her in action properly.

Mr. Scratch

Glad they decided to go with a female actor, I know a lot of people are going to be pissed about it but it's not as if Moffat hasn't been setting it up for the past two seasons.

Whittaker is a fine actress, wasn't expecting them to go with her but I guess it makes sense seeing as Chibnall is on it. My only complaint is that she doesn't have that distinctive face every actor who's played the Doctor has had.

Anyway, these are the actors I was really hoping for.

Fiona O'Shaughnessy, most known for Utopia, on the left.

p03zbp6x.jpg

Jessica-Hyde---no-smiling-009.jpg

And Ellie Kendrick, you probably know her from Game of Thrones or Misfits.

Ellie-Kendrick-bw-cropped.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Mr. Scratch

El Dildo

the only people who are upset that Doctor Who is a woman are the same people who will boycott James Bond when the role is appointed to a black actor. AKA degenerate douchebags :colgate:

I can't believe some of the low life misogynist comments we're already seeing posted all over the reveal trailer.

like what difference does it make?

there's nothing about the Doctor (as a character) that is central to the gender. nothing about the Doctor is predicated on whether or not they have a penis. it's completely irrelevant to the plot or the themes or the surrounding characters.

AlienTwo

*whew*

For a second there, I thought the loud minority of Trekkies were running all of sci-fi. Thankfully there's a loud minority of Whovians just as terrible.

They should all go form a club together.

giphy.gif

ShadowPerson

giphy.gif

Queenslayer

I got thinking, this new Doctor is a woman right. Some past (male) Doctor's have got off with a few female companions. So now he's a she, will she get off with a female companion or maybe a male companion? Is he/she bisexual or bigender?

:facedesk: feminists and SJW's ruin everything

El Dildo

not sure what exactly feminists or "SJWs" have to do with any of this...

the show has been on for a long time. new things are refreshing.

there's nothing about the Doctor that has to be male. there's nothing about the show that prevents the Doc from being female.

darthYENIK

I don't think many true "Whovians" are upset by this.

Anyone upset probably needs to evaluate their lives, and ask why they themselves are upset.

Mr. Scratch

I don't really care, I knew they'd do it one day, just wasn't expecting it to be so soon. It was the right call, this is the best way to breathe some new life into the show.

Still, I was really hoping they'd cast O'Shaughnessy. :'(

Queenslayer

I'm not a DW fan and don't care what gender portrays the character, just love winding people up over it

Provide this for all you c-u-c-k-s (stop replacing my word with nice people)

Edited by Liquid Snake 245

Matrelith

I like how people accept a show with time travel, multiple dimensions and other sci-fi stuff, but as soon as the protagonist (who has admit in the past that it can take on different forms in reincarnations) becomes a woman instead of a man, everybody loses their minds. I don't follow the show that closely, but from what I've heard people always get upset when a new doctor gets confirmed, so this shouldn't be that suprising. People were wary when Matt Smith became the new doctor and he turned out great. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Matrelith

Mr. Scratch

"Oh, brilliant."

darthYENIK

Great episode, in my opinion. One of the best 'goodbyes' to a doctor.

I was certain that 'The Captain' was going to wind up being dropped off in the 60s, and promoted to Brigadier. But what really happened was better.

Jason

Pretty unique episode with the way how the plot turned out, but it was a great way to summarise Capaldi's run. Love that they went through composer Murray Gold's greatest hits during the ep as well, it really is an end of an era with him going along with Moffat.

Next series is in the Autumn... Wish the BBC would get ahold of their schedules better. Such a giant gap between Doctor Who series' now.

Mr. Scratch

Apparently the next series is going to consist of 10 episodes with a runtime of 60 minutes.

darthYENIK

I like autumn, because its not a super long gap between the finale and the Christmas Special.

Jason

Autumn is fine but last series was in the Spring of this year, so it's gonna be like a 16-18 month wait between the last series and the next. The Beeb for whatever reason have a real issue with their top shows having massive waits between series, Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, etc. Usually it's because the star studded casts have other projects to do, but Who actors don't really do anything else but Who so it's basically just the BBC being useless.

On the bright side it beats them splitting it up between the Spring and Autumn like they did a few years back, that was pointless.