3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Mr Rabbit

Doctor Who

Mr. Scratch

Just seems like a wasted opportunity, bringing The Master back so they'd kill him so quick for good.

Mr Rabbit

Just seems like a wasted opportunity, bringing The Master back so they'd kill him so quick for good.

The Master has died many times, always comes back, why, in the 5th and 6th doctors' runs (s)he would die like that a lot then come back sooner or later with this simple explanation "I escaped"

The Master is a trcksy bastard, (S)he even survived death after losing all his regenerations in the Doctor Who TV movie in 1996.

I hope we see her again soon because Michelle Gomez was f*cking brilliant as the master, an evil mary poppins.

Edited by Flynny

krashr

i wonder if that little kid will become a new companion

Mr. Scratch

I've seen some classic Who, I know. I was really hoping Osgood would be his next companion.

Mr Rabbit

I've seen some classic Who, I know. I was really hoping Osgood would be his next companion.

I never considered it until the Doctor mentioned it, I was like "yeah, that could work, but now she's essentially f*cked"

next companion is likely gonna be a completely new character. I was actually hoping for it to be missy, the doctor and the master together.

I heard that Rose Leslie is the favourite (ygritte in GoT) I think this would be just a little too similar to amy to be honest, based on her looks and the characters I have seen her play.

Mr. Scratch

Missy and The Master, wat? I thought it might be that girl from Clara's class from the janitor episode.

Mr Rabbit

Missy and The Master, wat? I thought it might be that girl from Clara's class from the janitor episode.

it could be, I was just hoping it would be missy and the doctor, never thought it could happen.

I don't get your comment, Missy and the master? Missy is the master. I said I would have liked to see the doctor and the master together.

I find it more likely it will be a new character as that girl was more of a one time thing because they mentioned that she became president in the future, would be unusual for her to travel with the doctor, cos we know her future.

Edited by Flynny

EvilGrizzers

I'm glad Michelle Gomez will be back next year :)

Looking ahead to next week, not exactly sold on Gangster Santa Claus - but it's Nick Frost so I don't think I need to be. Still looks a bit creepy.

Edited by EvilGrizzers

Crazyeighties

If you watch Shameless UK you will see a lot of doctor who Easter eggs i just realized it today.

darthYENIK

Just watched the finale. I was really hoping all the dead companions in Cyberman form, would band together around the Doctor to help him somehow. But the Brigadier was good enough, I suppose.

Mr. Scratch

Hey Missy you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind...

TheOneLibertonian

Can't wait for the Christmas special!!!!

Mr. Scratch

Since I can't find a topic for it, here it is. We've got a trailer for season 9.

Samurai Jack

Awesome. I'm absolutely hyped for this season.

darthYENIK

Took me a while to find it as well. The search tool isn't exactly working very well...

Edit: merged with the old topic.

Edited by darthYENIK

hornedturtle

I'm the doctor, and i save people....not the line i would have picked.

Looks alot better than his first few episodes.

Hopefully impossible girl isn't playing the role of the doctor as much this season.

TheOneLibertonian

Better late than never. Couldn't find the thread. Lol.

Series 9 looks good and promising, but I am expecting the usual Moffat grind here. I love Peter as the Doctor, and I adore Jenna as Clara, but this Series is looking and shaping to be better than Series 8, still nothing can beat Series 3 and Series 4. David Tennant is just brilliant as the Doctor, and they had some of the best episodes during Tennant's time. The Family of Blood, Gridlock, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Utopia, and The Waters of Mars were fantastic episodes. But Series 8 has the fabulous Flatline, and Listen, in which I enjoyed a lot. Hopefully Clara does not become the focal point of the series again, unlike Series 8.

Edited by The_Ghost

Mr. Scratch

Peter Davison 4 life though.

Mr. Scratch

So did anyone watch the season premiere? That was honestly pretty damn unexpected.

darthYENIK

Just in case anyone (US ONLY) missed the premiere, BBC America posted the whole thing to its YouTube channel...

https://youtu.be/IXKbqtWnvFI

Edit: As for the episode itself. I really liked it. An explosive start. When the kid said his name, I just thought, "it's f*cking on."

So is that really the end of Clara and "Missy"? Is the Doctor really pointing a gun at the kid, about to kill him? I think...

He's obviously not going to kill Davros. Great cliffhanger, but it goes against every bit of his being to both kill, and change the time line. He's going to point that gun down at those eyeball hands, and save him. Try to guide Davros to be good. And it'll backfire causing Davros to hate the Doctor and fuel his cause. But it is the Doctor. Maybe he does change the world for the good.

Edited by darthYENIK

Mr. Scratch

Damn, now that's something.

happygrowls

It's official, Missy needs to be a regular she is waaay better than John Simm's Master.

Seeing Clara back in a Dalek brought back those memories of when she first appeared back in Series 7 Part 1, and the way she was echoing her Dalek Version was definitely a good scene.

Also, Davros is quite possibly one of the only villains who the Doctor can relate with, but this time, he used that to the Doctor's disadvantage, I also hope the whole "Sewer Daleks" thing becomes a potential plot element in the future, Daleks who were brought back to life via Regeneration? Gotta be a good finale or something.

Overall "The Witch's Familiar" was a definite improvement over the confusing opener.

8/10.

Edited by Epic.

darthYENIK

Yes!

Missy officially had me when she went, "Wheeeee!" when that Dalek exploded.

Mr. Scratch

I really dig the new sonic shades. I wonder if they'll have the screwdriver back though.

darthYENIK

My sunglasses that look exactly like that broke yesterday.

lolznc

I'd rather the Doctor went without a sonic device a la some of the Classic Who Doctors, but the wearable technology line was pretty good. It's always going to be the Eccleston/Tennant screwdriver for me, though.

How on earth did the Doctor get an entire tank to the medieval era, though? And what did he do with it afterwards? I'm imagining some very confused archaeologists puzzled over a modern tank buried in a medieval castle.....or are we not supposed to question it, like the tea?

happygrowls

or are we not supposed to question it, like the tea?

As he said himself, he's the Doctor, just accept it.

The Ghosts are genuinely creepy, Empty Child-esque.

That cliffhanger though..

Can't wait for next week's episode, this is much better than the previous two episodes.

Also, any reason as to why every episode has been a two-parter lately? Not that i'm complaining, I love seeing these stories fleshed out, and not rushed into an Hour's showing.

lolznc

That cliffhanger though..

Can't wait for next week's episode, this is much better than the previous two episodes.

Also, any reason as to why every episode has been a two-parter lately? Not that i'm complaining, I love seeing these stories fleshed out, and not rushed into an Hour's showing.

I have no idea about the two-parters, but I ain't complaining either. Reminds me of Classic Who episodes which were usually fleshed out over around 4 episodes - many with the hilariously over-dramatic cliffhangers. Not that recent cliff-hangers have been over-dramatic.

I'm sure I've seen a lot of Classic Who parallels recently.....I think

Edited by lolznc

Mr. Scratch

Definitely, just look at his new outfit. Those checkered pants are just like the ones the first and second Doctors used to wear. And then there's the red velvet suit which is an obvious throwback to the third Doctor.

291C950400000578-3099336-image-a-28_1432

Doctor_Who_Peter_Capaldi_Maroon_Velvet_C

Edited by Mr.Scratch

happygrowls

Dear BBC,

Please make that theme in Tonight's episode the permanent one.

Cheers, Epic.

What a brilliant episode, these two parters have been really great so far! Much, much, much better than Series 8. Giving the Doctor some development, and somehow making Clara more likeable, as well as the Deaf Character, she was probably the star of the episode.

Overall 9/10.