2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is going on with homing rockets?

Nutduster

It's getting too confusing to keep up. Recently they patched it so that flying vehicle's rockets would lock onto player-driven vehicles, seemingly to balance out the homing launcher to some extent. But I have noticed that yesterday and today, my homing launcher and the homing rockets on my Hydra don't seem to lock onto much of anything anymore. I've got players not in passive mode flying helicopters right in front of me, and the homing RPG and Hydra won't lock onto them. I was in a would-be dogfight today with another Hydra, and couldn't lock onto him, either.

What the heck? Is this a known thing? Did Rockstar change something intentionally? I wish they'd just make up their minds. Not to mention, while I think the homing rockets in this game (especially from the homing RPG) are over-powered, I'm not sure that arbitrarily making them not lock onto certain things against all logic and common sense is the answer.

Edited by Nutduster

Indeed, I noticed it was no longer possible to target players in a helicopter, even with the homing launcher.

Edited by Agent-Sanchez

SaltyGTAFMember

Homing rockets overpowered my ass.

The only op thing in this game is jets1!

• Like 2

The homing launcher sucks ass now doesn't even need a level lock as people wished it had. What moron thought it was a great idea to turn the homing launcher to a mere tank?!

Edited by Mike324467

Homing rockets vs. every flying vehicle in the game that isn't a jet is absolutely overpowered (unless you use passive mode). There are workarounds and ways to deal with it, but yes, they're overpowered. Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm only interested in what Rockstar is thinking and doing, not people's opinions of the weapon. It seems weirder to me that the Hydra missiles don't lock onto other flying vehicles anymore, not even other jets... that's so dumb it seems more like a bug than a deliberate change.

SaltyGTAFMember

Homing rockets vs. every flying vehicle in the game that isn't a jet is absolutely overpowered (unless you use passive mode). There are workarounds and ways to deal with it, but yes, they're overpowered. Anyway, that's beside the point. I'm only interested in what Rockstar is thinking and doing, not people's opinions of the weapon. It seems weirder to me that the Hydra missiles don't lock onto other flying vehicles anymore, not even other jets... that's so dumb it seems more like a bug than a deliberate change.

Fly above the lock on, all the air vehicles dodge and 100% avoided it.

I see no problem, now a jet shooting the ground blowing everything up is very overpowered and unlike going up there is less area underground if you get there.

I see no problem, now a jet shooting the ground blowing everything up is very overpowered and unlike going up there is less area underground if you get there.

Again: this is all completely beside the point, I don't care, and I don't want to discuss that right now.

RussianCommie

I noticed this during a Vehicle DM involving the Lazers that the missiles would not lock onto the other players. I would say that it made the DM more fun because everyone had to resort to using the cannons and actually had to try to get kills on the other players, but this is an issue R* should address, none the less, and hopefully will end up fixing.

5eIYidF.gif

SaltyGTAFMember

Again: this is all completely beside the point, I don't care, and I don't want to discuss that right now.

Dont call it overpowered when it's not.

Doid you clear your network cache?

I noticed this during a Vehicle DM involving the Lazers that the missiles would not lock onto the other players. I would say that it made the DM more fun because everyone had to resort to using the cannons and actually had to try to get kills on the other players, but this is an issue R* should address, none the less, and hopefully will end up fixing.

Cannons are easier to kill other jets with than the missiles, IMO. Missiles are fine for identifying where targets are and making them change direction, but cannons are where you get the kills. Both should work though, I can't fathom why they would change that. I could sort of understand rolling back the "lock onto player-driven cars" thing, but not whatever else they've done.

Dooooonnnnn't. Caaaaarrrrrre.

• Like 1

NecroNeedle

I noticed this yesterday as well and thought it was a bug or lag. I saw a thread about the homing launcher not working a day or so ago but now when I'm in my savage the rockets wont lock on anymore either eve when specifically I have the missiles with homing selected. Did R add this in for 3 weeks and now removed them?

SaltyGTAFMember

Cannons are easier to kill other jets with than the missiles, IMO. Missiles are fine for identifying where targets are and making them change direction, but cannons are where you get the kills. Both should work though, I can't fathom why they would change that. I could sort of understand rolling back the "lock onto player-driven cars" thing, but not whatever else they've done.

Avoiding the topic like a dead beat will avoid paying child support.

honing launcher

Wut.

OT:Try changing your targeting priority to either Strangers or Everyone,that should work.

Lazer was locking for me yesterday and just took out a player in a land vehicle from 2 blocks away with my homing launcher.

That's not the topic, which is why I'm avoiding it. Stop replying to me if you can't discuss the only thing I'm interested in discussing. I don't really care if the homing RPG is overpowered or not, and that is not why I started this thread.

honing launcher

Wut.

OT:Try changing your targeting priority to either Strangers or Everyone,that should work.

It's set on Strangers already and is not working. But I might try Everyone because I know sometimes GTA and XBox Live spaz out and don't understand who is and is not my friend in the lobby.

Edited by Nutduster

There's something really wrong with the rockets,i tried to destroy a smuggler plane and it missed.The plane was so slow,why did it miss?

Edited by Arachne

SaltyGTAFMember

That's not the topic, which is why I'm avoiding it. Stop replying to me if you can't discuss the only thing I'm interested in discussing. I don't really care if the homing RPG is overpowered or not, and that is not why I started this thread.

honing launcher

Wut.

It's set on Strangers already and is not working. But I might try Everyone because I know sometimes GTA and XBox Live spaz out and don't understand who is and is not my friend in the lobby.

Actually this thread belongs the help and support section thus making it a invalid topic.

You said it in the first post which makes it a min topic to discuss, I didn't bring it up and its Bullsh*t ranting.

You are wrong, correct it orI continue to discuss it.

JaegerPilot1

I have not seen a change in them. I have been able to shoot down planes and helicopters.

I have not seen a change in them. I have been able to shoot down planes and helicopters.

What platform are you on? I'm playing on XBox One. My next step in testing this will be a hard reset, and if that doesn't work, I'll try changing my targeting to Everyone. I'm pretty sure I hard reset just last night though, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope on that front.

MagicNarcosis

Updates are more like Wack-A-Mole, now more than anything.

had this happen yesterday to me during a vehicle capture with lazers and hydras on ps4.

I don't know what is going on. Getting really strange and mixed results with this. I was just in free roam flying around, and sometimes I would lock onto other players' aircraft and cars, and other times I wouldn't. One guy was in a regular helicopter - I circled around and flew past him 5-6 times and never got a lock. Finally I just crashed into him to see if he was somehow passive-but-not-visibly-ghosted, and no, it killed both of us. I just don't get it.

Edited by Nutduster

aaronBLUEeyes

honing launcher

Wut.

I was thinking the very same thing! I punched circles around a friend/crew member when a bunch of us were beating eachother down with Knuckle Dusters because of that.

maybe it's a console generation issue.

sounds that new gen players have this issue.

could those who engage this issue specify on which console they play?

i'm on ps3 and haven't experienced this issue yet, but i haven't tried it for the last few days either though.

Tails Prower

I just opened an article on their support site about this subject (may be one already).

I'd suggest everyone else whose having problems try to add to it so that R* know its not just one users problem!

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/204432518-What-is-going-on-with-homing-rockets-

I've been having trouble getting it up lately too, good to see it can happen to anyone.

Luckily the marksman pistol continues to be awesome.

Ai®a©ob®a

I didn't have any issues until a few days ago now i can't lock onto anything not even A.I Aircraft and jet greifers are taking advantage of this before they know the homing launcher/jet missles can't lock onto them.

But the lock-on works just fine on ground targets including Players PV

But the lock-on works just fine on ground targets including Players PV

I think R* are trolling us again. I totally want to lock onto that female NPC in an Issi rather than the death machine hovering above me...

• Like 1