3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Cerium

A GTA 2 SP mod

Cerium

Downtown map is boring with the wanted level of 4 and the boring gangs. I'd like to script it, but I search on GTAMP and Project Cerbera and I don't find like the first "how-to". It just says "go to your script file".

What I want to script:

-I want every gang to have a better weapon when you are friends with them. For example, only having pistol when you are "green and yellow-friend" with them, and as soon as you get into the maximum friend level, they get also another really good weapon for your protection. I will write every "maximum-weapon" for each gang further down.

-I want Loonies, Zaibatsu and Yakuza gang to be more aggressive (weapon-whise)

-The cops are way too easy to defeat in the first cop-head levels.

-Maybe (much more advanced scirpting that the other suggestions) make a new gang on Residential Discrict that has GT-A1 as their gang vehicle.

Ok, for Downtown:

1. Yakuza

Maximum friend: Machine Gun

Angry: Shotgun

Hated: Flamethrower

2. Zaibatsu

Maximum friend: Flamethrower

Angry: Silenced Machine Gun

Hated: Rocket Launcher

3. Loony

Maximum friend: Dual Pistols

Angry: Machine Gun

Hated: Grenades

For every area:

Cop wanted level 1: No difference (only level you can get busted by, also by the cop peds in area 2 and 3).

Cop wanted level 2: Armed with simple pistols (like SWATs)

Cop wanted level 3: Armed with machine guns

Cop wanted level 4: Pistols seem a bit lame for SWAT forces. Maybe one or two with machine guns and the other 2 with dual pistols or simple pistols.

Cop wanted level 5 and 6: No difference.

If the cops became better and level 4 was hard, level 5 is not needed on Downtown area.

For Residential:

1. Rednecks

Maximum friend: Shotgun

2. SRS

Maximum friend: Electro Gun

3. Zaibatsu

Maximum friend: Rocket Launcher

For Industrial:

1. Russians

Maximum friend: Silenced Machine Gun

2. Krishna

Maximum friend: Grenades

3. Zaibatsu

Maximum friend: Since I obviously prefer Zaibatsu over the other gangs, I want them to be really good. Rocket Launcher and Flamethrower are already used by them. The only thing I can imagine being worse than RL and FT is a "Double damage Machine Gun", which means the Z-Men with maximum respect walk around with the Double Damage power up all the time, but as soon as you lose respect it disappears. Or give them armor like the FBI's. If this is possible, it would be awesome! If it is impossible: I guess the flamethrower does it's job here.

These things aren't impossible to do what I've read, the only thing is that I really do not know where to begin. So if someone who loves scripting could make this mod for me, I'd be so pleased. The last thing I would like to have in my game is this fourth gang (like the Mad Island gang) in the Residential Area. Where to have them isn't figured out yet, but imagine a mysterious gang walking around and being really aggressive towards you (just like the FBI's). Pulling you out of your car and kill you, driving after you with their GT-A1s or something like that. They should be white or another color that isn't a "gang-color" so they aren't messed up with other gangs. Maybe blue?

If you know how to do this but you don't have time - tell me how to change the gang weapons so I can do it myself! Please! :)

I know B-$hep, Gustavob and Sektor are great with these things. Is it possible to tag them here so they get a notification about this thread?

Thank you for your time!

EDIT: I've searched on every tutorial I've found but I still haven't found which file to edit (I think it is wil, ste and bil?) but I haven't learnt how to open them. This is so god damn hard, a little help would be appreciated! ;)

Edited by Cerium

Cerium

I've searched and searched and I don't find anything that can make me start. How does one even start editing the files? I've read on the Cerbera and found some download links but I was redirected to a Netherlandese GTA forum which was not understandable. I managed to open the nyc-file which shows the statistics for each car, but the other files aren't possible to open.

Just editing the Downtown map to tougher gangs would be a nice thing to do, the other stuff are much more advanced I guess. So I just focus on this now.

I found this one: http://projectcerbera.com/gta/2/tutorials/gangs, but it only tells me how to create a new gang, and also it doesn't tell which file to edit this script in. It is so blurry for someone like me whom never have made this kind of modding before.

Sektor

Download the GTA2 script compiler. It includes the mission/mis files for Industrial but unfortunately not for any of the other levels. You can open bil.mis in notepad, find SET_GANG_INFO , change the weapon type, run miss2.exe, open bil.mis, go to file and compile it. This will create bil.scr, you can copy that to your GTA2\data folder and then you will have a modified Industrial script.

You can't do that for Downtown or Residential since the mis files weren't released. They can be partially decompiled with Epic GTA2 Map Editor but none of the missions will work.

SET_GANG_INFO command is DF00 in hex, so you could open wil.scr (the Downtown mission file) with a hex editor, search for DF00 and change some of the bytes near that to change gang weapon.

Edited by Sektor

Cerium

Download the GTA2 script compiler. It includes the mission/mis files for Industrial but unfortunately not for any of the other levels. You can open bil.mis in notepad, find SET_GANG_INFO , change the weapon type, run miss2.exe, open bil.mis, go to file and compile it. This will create bil.scr, you can copy that to your GTA2\data folder and then you will have a modified Industrial script.

You can't do that for Downtown or Residential since the mis files weren't released. They can be partially decompiled with Epic GTA2 Map Editor but none of the missions will work.

SET_GANG_INFO command is DF00 in hex, so you could open wil.scr (the Downtown mission file) with a hex editor, search for DF00 and change some of the bytes near that to change gang weapon.

Thank you for the answer, Sektor. I tried this and it worked fine. Changed the Mad Islanders to Yakuzas with rocket launchers and machine guns, also changed the original gangs' friend weapon to more powerful ones. I changed the Mad Island gang car to a black Benson but nothing spawned because of the car who doesn't spawn naturally.

The hex editing sounds like something to try, how do I know which value to change from DF00, to?

Also the cops, are there anything to do about them, like better weapons and so on? Pistols from level 1-4 is so lame.

So it is impossible to edit wil and sce?

Ivan1997GTA

This is nice, but aren't the Loonies supposed to have the flamethrower at hated respect? I think it would be better if you replaced the hated Yakuza weapon with, say, the Silenced Machine Gun.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA