3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Ghostbusters (2016)

Mister Pink

Yes, its a pity Rick Moranis as good as retired from acting after the death of his wife.

Hehehe a thought came to my mind and it's brilliant if i say so myself? If I'd were directing GB, I would've cast the cast of the Big Bang Theory to start in the movie. It would of been magical, super nerdy and Sheldon.

FriendlyFireOFF

International trailer. A few new scenes.....and also notice the big tweak at the start :whistle:

I'm so glad that the male secretary role pays homage to the original. Not.

They should have canned the project as soon as Harold Ramis died. It doesn't feel right knowing there's going to be a Ghostbusters movie without so much as a cameo appearance from him. I don't mind the female cast at all, but to me this just like last year's Vacation movie; a shameless cash grab that has little to do with the preceding movies.

And for God's sake, you can NOT have a Ghostbusters movie without Louis Tully.

Honey, I..............*possessed*.............Vinz Clortho, keymaster of gorzo. *continues to talk gibberish*.

Also, Chris Hemsworth is a f*cking idiot for joining this movie, totally a buzzkill for him.

Edited by MyName'sJeff

I find it very sinister that many of the entertainment websites including some that have been a place to go since I starting using the web are all pretending that the feedback has only been mildly negative.

Is this really happening? Never seen anything like it. What with this sexism agenda - it's like the thought police isn't it?

I'd expect rave reviews when this comes out no question. Nearly everyone is either bought or too scared to say how it is?

That I find is more depressing than this film itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought this was incredibly interesting. Amy Pascal's e-mails were made public by the Sony hacking, and they reveal her resistance to Ivan Reitman's creative control over the franchise. It appears she was intent on pushing him and his ideas aside for her own visions of an all-female cast. The original idea for Ghostbusters 3 had Seth Rogen producing with Zach Galifianakis, Jonah Hill, Adam Pally, and an unnamed female protagonist with parts for the original Ghostbusters in mind. Ivan wanted Sacha Baron Cohen as the villain, but he wrestled with Amy Pascal over her initial choice of preferring Will Ferrell.

Either way, it was interesting to read her childish all-CAPS e-mails. She sounds like a colossal retard. How do people like this even get hired, let alone promoted to Studio Executive? :blink:

Edited by X S
  • Like 3

Wow. Reading this leak from Sony, you can see their approach to filmmaking.

"There is the inane urge to categorize all artistic thought into bullet point-friendly "themes" that often reflect nothing about the actual movie:"

lf27qb4ckj4kzfotox0h.png

So yeah.. Never watching a Sony film again. Not that they've produced anything amazing any way. It's so cringey, thinking that some middle-aged grey suits are trying to offer their thoughts on how to make films. Reminds of that skit where Liam Neeson approaches Ricky Gervais (both playing themselves) and Liam Neeson said he wants to get in to comedy and lists off the humour he wants to do.. Just like Sony listing off themes that need to be ticked off.

So this is sort of the epitome of Sony and the demise of Ghostbusters

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

This movie would've been better off if the release date had been rescheduled for October 31st instead. At least that would coincide with Halloween and even if it sucked, wouldn't matter. It's Halloween.

Wow, that trailer did not help. In fact, it only made things worse. The jokes remind me of an Adam Sandler movie. :rol:

Exactly. The only reason I even watched it was because of the dislikes:like ratio, and that was funnier than the trailer itself, which was not funny in any way at all. In fact, at best, I kept a straight face but couldn't help sighing and facepalming.

Oh yeah, the original showing is going to completely overwhelm this sh*tty remake, which is a disgrace to the world. Hope it doesn't make f*ck all in terms of the money so I can see Sony and other parties responsible sh*t themselves with embarassment.

The only good thing about the remake seems to be the fact that they did not f*ck with the title theme. I'll give it a couple of stars for that.

The only good thing about the remake seems to be the fact that they did not f*ck with the title theme. I'll give it a couple of stars for that.

Me too. Thank goodness they didn't f*ck with the theme song as well. O-M-G imagine Kenya West doing a Ghostbusters rap song?!

NOOOOOoooooo!

Quote from one of the YouTube comments on the 2nd trailer:

"OK, so is it a race thing or a lady thing"

No, it's a fat thing you bloated c*nt

Gold.

Can't wait for the all-male cast of the Charlie's Angels reboot. Or for Caitlyn Jenner to terminate the T-1000.

• Like 3

I saw GB 1 and 2 for the first time recently and while I didn't think they lived up to the hype, I get that you don't f*ck with a movie that has that kind of status.

The trailer is an improvement over the last one, too bad that people overreacted to all this.

Is not like outside Mureay, the ghostbusters were hilarious to begin with.

To be fair, SJW bollocks aside, it does look like it can be a fun ride. I'll certainly not be seeking to watch it at the cinema, but I can see myself ordering it from Amazon sometime down the line, purely for curiosity purposes.

• Like 1

Is not like outside Mureay, the ghostbusters were hilarious to begin with.

I think that is the advantage of the original over this. The original movie wasn't made as an out and out comedy; it was a pretty good action movie first before it was a comedy movie. And that's why the humor worked in it, because it just happened naturally. And of course, Murray's deadpan style is just a great match.

Whereas this one, is made from the start as a comedy movie with some ghostbusters skin in it. The gags we've seen in the trailers so far are pretty stupid, and quite unfunny, like they are trying too hard. You could definitely put a laughtrack in it, and it would fit perfectly. Now you watch the original, and the jokes were delivered perfectly. It is true, this man has no dick. Listen, do you smell something?

And now the studio and the director have convinced themselves that any and all criticism against this movie is simply a product of misogynism, and nothing more. Which is a shame.

• Like 4

Tchuck, your description of the original had me all nostalgic for the film.

It was definitely one of my favourite films as a child. I think I had it recorded off the TV too eventually but before that, access to to film pretty much relied on some network broadcasting it and I would love it every time.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point!

Whilst I'm inclined to agree with you. We're also basing this on a trailer. I've seen a bunch of comedy-dramas that were misrepresented in trailers as flat-out comedies.

I hear what you are saying but it's also to tell.

The game was actually quite good but I never finished it :(

Edited by Mister Pink
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen this?

sh*t is hilarious:

And is fun to think that the

was more diverse and looked better...in a weird way. Kinda remember getting scared by it as a kid.
  • Like 2

Turns out the REAL ghostbusters (that name has never been more relevant) actually fought Cthulu in one of the cartoon episodes, guess i didn't imagined that.

EDIT: Realized i messed up the link in my last post (mobile lol), i meant this is the hilarious sh*t i wanted to post:

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 3

Apparently people who have seen the movie are not giving it much positivity.

I feel bad for the cast and Feig, as I am a big fan of Feig and the cast isn't bad. I don't feel bad that the movie is bad, but I feel bad that people are so happy that it's bad. That people did even want it to be good. That this movie would have to be a masterpiece to even get any recognition by those people.

And yes, this attitude did spring from the fact that it's an all female cast. People were rooting against it ever since that was announced. Which I think is gross. Regardless of the fact that the movie is not good for reasons other than the fact that it's a female cast, those people are assholes. Like I said though, only those people who were against this movie because of sex, and are feeling vindicated. Not the ones who don't like it for legitimate creative reasons. I'm probably going to be one of those.

• Like 2

I see what you're saying, but there's a flip side to that.

Feig has chosen to take the bait and respond to a small but loud minority, and has generalized any and all criticism against the film simply as misogynistic prejudice. Both sides are to blame here, because many of us, the majority, are not uninterested in the film because it's an all-female cast; we're uninterested because it truly looks like another subpar reboot.

So in a sense, real critics will feel robbed of their opinions simply because Feig has chosen to demonize all criticisms. That's not how win over audiences and critics. Don't accuse the accuser. He should have taken the high moral ground and stood firm. Now critics will be even more inclined to give this a bad review.

Here's a good example of it. If you don't like this movie, you're a "Trump Supporter".: http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/06/03/judd-apatow-blames-donald-trump-supporters-for-his-sucky-ghostbusters-reviews/

Edited by X S

Im against this movie, because they took a good franchise and based on the previews turned it into a slap stick comedy, which it never was. its insulting

• Like 1