2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Shouldn't homing missiles ... you know, HOME?!

Bearded Coffee Monkey

Bearded Coffee Monkey

I've had the homing missile launcher from day one (PC pre-order money came in handy) and am about level 40 something now.

I've never missed before. Get a lock, fire, BOOM!

But the other night I had to deal with a Buzzard who was after me since I had a bounty on me. We ran around a house firing and I missed CONSTANTLY! Even with a lock. Even with waiting a bit longer to ensure the lock. Granted, he was missing a lot too, but I know the heli isn't as stable a platform.

What up with dat?

filthstar0

None of the lock on sh*t works as well as it should. You can have open skies and a perfect lock and it will just zoom right past the target lol

Edited by filthstar0

I've had trouble with the homing launcher quite frequently as well. I play survivals a lot and often try to use it to take out the helicopters but I've found that even when you wait for the lock on box thing to go red it still only seems to actually score a hit about 60% of the time. More often than I'd like I find myself having to revert back to the old fashioned methods like the minigun or combat MG and heavy sniper combination.

I agree. For as much as the missiles cost they should score a hit 90% of a time

Kaiju Blue

Homing missiles worked perfectly until the last update for me. Last time I tried, I wasted six missiles on a smuggler plane. None of them hit.

The Lone Wanderer

good, helis were a death trap anyway, atleast decent pilots have a chance now

Bearded Coffee Monkey

I ended up recording it and posting it on my YouTube channel. Some of them were SUPER close, and others ... I have no idea where they thought they were going. I mean, we were nearly at point blank range and he wasn't even moving that much.

Captain Sensib1e

They have been nerfed recently, and I don't think R* told us. Also I think the prices are lower? Could have sworn they used to be $1200 a piece.

I still find myself using the regular ole RPG rather than the not-so-reliable homingrocket launcher

• Like 2

Homing missiles worked perfectly until the last update for me. Last time I tried, I wasted six missiles on a smuggler plane. None of them hit.

This ^

Before around IGG Part 1 or 2, Homing Missiles could literally miss a target, do a 180 degree turn in the air, and hit the target. Most people used to say it was overpowered. Pretty sure it was nerfed, but now its not as powerful as it should be.

Rockstar can't do anything right...

Misanthrope Z

the smuggler planes were always bullsh*t. same goes for any aircraft piloted by an NPC.

this same thing happened to me long before the IGG update. i fired a homing launcher at the smuggler plane from numerous angles and none of them hit. i figured something was up when i fired four homing missiles at the smuggler plane after letting it pass by a good distance, only to see all of my rockets zip right passed a slow moving plane that's going in a straight line. had it been a player flying like that, it would've been destroyed after one shot.

after experiencing this numerous times, with multiple planes and helicopters being piloted by NPCs, it just made me come to the conclusion that the homing launcher misses these f*cks on purpose.

Edited by Pegassi Autobot
  • Like 1

FrugalDangerMan

Ive been seeing target lock then the lock dissapears as soon as i let the rocket loose and just flies in a straight line.

So annoying.

Claptrap NL

There's a setup were you've to rescue Avi Schartz for the Pacific Standard. After you got him free out of that little house he's in there comes a chopper that attacks you from the cops. Every first shot is ALWAYS missing the target for some reason.... The chopper not even moving.

I agree. For as much as the missiles cost they should score a hit 90% of a time

For as much as a buzzard costs, it shouldn't be inferior to such a cheap piece of equipment. I like this nerf

Edited by Billiam301

unholyblade29

the homing rocket was a good weapon but its been out for a long time and people know how to avoid them once the rocket flys past you it will try and turn but isnt quick enough to turn and hit the target making it usless against swifts and buzzards in my honest opinion the planes and helis should have flares built into them to make the homing rocket not so OP

Captain Revenge

Probably doesn't work close ranges, or you have to keep the target in sight. It's not going to miss then turn around for a 2nd try, and if it did it could miss and hit you. You're better off with an RPG, Mini Gun, Combat MG. the driver or pilots head is always going to be on your right, blaze rounds through the windshield into their face. On the other side of that coin, even though the helicopter operational controls are different than in GTA 4 BOGT, it was there i learned the art of 1 missile 1 kill. With homing off the Buzzard is well capable of putting an unguided rocket on whatever target presents itself in their kill zone. O:)

Aunty Fascist

I regret spending money on this weapon, it has never worked since the day it came out.