Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,975 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Rytuklis

DYOM GTA V?

Rytuklis

I want to take the opportunity that Dutchy and Patrick are back here and suggest that they start to work on GTA V DYOM. I think that GTA SA DYOM is okay now, its stable, it has MOST features that we need. GTA V, on the other hand, would be ground breaking. It has so many features and such great modding potential. DYOM could be used not to only mission design, but to produce movies as well. Imagine, how much new people such project would bring into the DYOM community! And please, do not even start the „MY PC CANT RUN GTA V I NO WANT THIS“ argument. Just because you are still an idiot running Windows XP with 512 MB of RAM shouldnt be a factor to take away the fun from other, sane people. Thank you.

/discuss

SatournFan

I think a more suitable subject to discuss would be 'is it possible to make DYOM for GTA V', not just ask them to make one

Light Syde Riandy

There's actually 1 thing that Dyom 8 lack

Am I the only one who gets annoyed the fact that in Dyom 7 we can still set player's health into completely 150 and in Dyom 8 if we set the player's health bar into 150,the length is still the same as 200?

Edited by Rendy Specter(Riandy)

Light Syde Riandy

Considering that Dutchy decided not to continue Dyom for gta 4 since she said it would take a very long time for bug fixes,features,etc... I highly doubt that Dyom gta 5 will be available one day

Rytuklis
GTA IV lacked tools. GTA V has more than enough, such as Rage Script Hook and so on. If we are gonna be stuck with SA forever, DYOM will soon die out, because it already IS dying out.

PatrickW

I want to take the opportunity that Dutchy and Patrick are back here and suggest that they start to work on GTA V DYOM. I

And please, do not even start the „MY PC CANT RUN GTA V I NO WANT THIS“ argument. Just because you are still an idiot running Windows XP with 512 MB of RAM shouldnt be a factor to take away the fun from other, sane people. Thank you.

/discuss

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't have a PC capable of running GTA V is insane ? :blink: (if you want to buy me anappropriate system, drop me a PM :beerhat: )

Do you have any idea about the amount of time and knowledge is needed to build something like DYOM for GTA V?

I agree that things are starting to look good for GTA V, in terms of tooling, comparing to GTA IV. BUt I don't think the level of knowledge in the modding community is far enough yet and certainly our own level is not.

I'm not saying it won't ever come, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Rytuklis

I want to take the opportunity that Dutchy and Patrick are back here and suggest that they start to work on GTA V DYOM. I

And please, do not even start the „MY PC CANT RUN GTA V I NO WANT THIS“ argument. Just because you are still an idiot running Windows XP with 512 MB of RAM shouldnt be a factor to take away the fun from other, sane people. Thank you.

/discuss

Are you suggesting that anyone who doesn't have a PC capable of running GTA V is insane ? :blink: (if you want to buy me anappropriate system, drop me a PM :beerhat: )

Do you have any idea about the amount of time and knowledge is needed to build something like DYOM for GTA V?

I agree that things are starting to look good for GTA V, in terms of tooling, comparing to GTA IV. BUt I don't think the level of knowledge in the modding community is far enough yet and certainly our own level is not.

I'm not saying it won't ever come, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I do understand it and appreciate it, but we cant be glued to the same game forever.

No, I just think that people who are opposing the idea just because their computers cant handle it are insane.

Target13

While yes, My computer can't run GTA V at all. (And i'm not planning on building a better PC anytime soon. Guess i'm a console peasant.)

I believe "DYOM V" would be a great step for the DYOM community. Not many 13 year olds have access to a PC which is capable to handle Grand Theft Auto V. This means a less immature community, better behavior and more quality missions. While i guess that's a different subject but more sense-full missons.

DYOM on the Rage Engine would really revolutionize mission designing as we know it. There is a lot that can be done in GTA V, and we got a hint of that by The Content Creator. Imagine all the new stories made by completely new designers and many old designers returning and remastering their old missions.

Alas, a DYOM V would mean that I would have to find another hobby as I am not interested in making missions for 12 year olds from the third world.

But I hope, by the time DYOM V is a reality, I would have a good enough PC, which is most likely.

Rytuklis

While yes, My computer can't run GTA V at all. (And i'm not planning on building a better PC anytime soon. Guess i'm a console peasant.)

I believe "DYOM V" would be a great step for the DYOM community. Not many 13 year olds have access to a PC which is capable to handle Grand Theft Auto V. This means a less immature community, better behavior and more quality missions. While i guess that's a different subject but more sense-full missons.

DYOM on the Rage Engine would really revolutionize mission designing as we know it. There is a lot that can be done in GTA V, and we got a hint of that by The Content Creator. Imagine all the new stories made by completely new designers and many old designers returning and remastering their old missions.

Alas, a DYOM V would mean that I would have to find another hobby as I am not interested in making missions for 12 year olds from the third world.

But I hope, by the time DYOM V is a reality, I would have a good enough PC, which is most likely.

You would be surprised on what kind of garbage this game can run on. Ive seen people run the game on low settings on laptops with Intel HD intergrated graphics cards on decent framerate.

PursuitForceS

Well, I agree with you about "taking the fun from others" but you don't need to have 512Mb of RAM and WinXP to run the game badly... (unfortunately)

For exemple, I have 6Gb of RAM, an I7 and a GTX 560m with 1.5Go and the game is stuttering and ramming like crazy for me.

But still, DYOM V will be pretty cool.

Rytuklis

Thats the problem. Even the most ancient PCs are able to run the game, but not run it good enough. My PC has 4GB of RAM and 1GB AMD Radeon video card, Intel Core i5, 3.2 GHZ. I know its a little outdated for todays standarts, but it is able to run most games, such as BF3. GTA IV, Crysis, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell and bunch of others new games. GTA V is the only one giving me problems. However, the game is playable on decent graphics, so.... Well, Watch Dogs too, but its due to sh*tty optimisation.

Hdxt_Hardluck

Thats the problem. Even the most ancient PCs are able to run the game, but not run it good enough. My PC has 4GB of RAM and 1GB AMD Radeon video card, Intel Core i5, 3.2 GHZ. I know its a little outdated for todays standarts, but it is able to run most games, such as BF3. GTA IV, Crysis, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell and bunch of others new games. GTA V is the only one giving me problems. However, the game is playable on decent graphics, so.... Well, Watch Dogs too, but its due to sh*tty optimisation.

i got intel HD 4000 and Amd Radoen 2gb and 4gb of ram and intel cor i5 and my GTA sa in the lowest settings some times give me an fps drop while a HD game run in 60fps like (Watch dogs ) dont give me any of fps drop ?? BTW DYOM V is such nice idea , and goodluck !!

Lee.

Just because you are still an idiot running Windows XP with 512 MB of RAM shouldnt be a factor to take away the fun from other, sane people.

Wait, there's still people who run on 512MB of RAM?

I thought 2GB RAM is the lowest minimum now.

gheorgheM

Considering that Dutchy decided not to continue Dyom for gta 4 since she said

wait, Dutchy's a girl? :blink:

Just because you are still an idiot running Windows XP

what they heck is wrong with running Windows XP? I've had far less problems with XP than with Vista or 7 (though I'm using 7 Ultimate right now)

Light Syde Riandy

wait, Dutchy's a girl? :blink:

Yeah, and there's a mod titled "BAM" for gta v. Nice bump by the way.

Rytuklis

Now that this Build a Mission mod has been released for GTA V, which is very familiar to DYOM, only still very primitive, would Dutchy and Patrick give this idea a good thought? This guy proves that it's possible :)

Springfield

Well Making DYOM is not so easy man that you are taking it i see the dyom files there a huge sh*t will blow your mind there upto 20000 codes and lines to make it and i dont know that how they will GTA V. But i can think they can make it. But not two peoples they need more peoples who have much knowledge about this. When i see the dyom codes my brain was totally busted a lot of files and not know much codes that they know. If they want to make then they need more member who have their equal knowledge. If they started with two man then it will take a lot.................. of time

Edited by Husnain123

LukasGaming

I know, I'm bumping a 2 year old thread, but it couldn't just be left like that.

Either way, in the past 2 years GTA 5 received tons of awesome and game-changing mods. In my opinion, DYOM is definitely possible. Look at map editor, the creator made it so you can preview prop models before adding them. After spawning peds, you have the ability to add weapons, set their health too. You can add waypoints to driving peds. Not to even start with changing the map itself. And I recently found a mod called "Mission Creator", which brings nearly all the features and possibilities from SA DYOM to 5. If Dutchy, or anyone else that's capable of helping in any way and is interested, could make a small team of 2 or 3 devs, DYOM in GTA 5 would be a thing in a month! :colgate:

Edited by LukasGaming

Light Syde Riandy

Even if it will become a thing, what makes you think it will be worth it due to the fact that the original game itself doesn't feature many useful interiors and the whole game world feels small since GTA V only has one city along with countryside and desert?

spyderblack66

GTA visa last versión

spyderblack66

dyom gta 5 mission creator