2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[C#] Help on starting to code on C#

ISOFX

Hello :D , i am new to C# and i have experience in C++ but i want to start on C# so i know that with making asi files you need the SDK which is the native trainer base but i have looked and i cant find an SDK for DLL Files [C#] & i want to know how i can create a C# mod. If someone could upload one of their mods (ANYTHING) to dropbox or something this would be very helpful but if there is an SDK please link it below. Also i have downloaded this https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet but im not sure how this is going to work also this might sound a bit noobish but i have tried to build it and i get errors but as i was saying before can someone help me with this. and btw i need to start this up then i will start to learn the language. (i know where to go for that)

Edited by ISOFX

darthbollo

k

I have a skeleton/ example right here

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using GTA;using Menu = GTA.Menu;using System.Windows.Forms;using GTA.Native;namespace Skelen_mod  {    public class Skelen_mod : Script    {        Skelen_mod()        {            // base functions go here;            Tick += OnTick;            KeyUp += OnKeyUp;// when key is released this is called            KeyDown += OnKeyDown; // when key is down this is called        }        void OnTick(object sender, EventArgs e)        {            // your stuff here        }        void OnKeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)        {            // An Example            if(e.KeyCode == Keys.F4) // when you press key f4 it spawns fabien            {                pedspawner(PedHash.Fabien);            }        }        void OnKeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)        {                    }        private void pedspawner(Model pedspawner_hash)        {            Model temp = new Model();            temp.Request(pedspawner_hash.Hash); // gets model number to load into memory            World.CreatePed(pedspawner_hash, Game.Player.Character.Position + Game.Player.Character.ForwardVector * 2); //spawn 2 units ahead of you instead of face to face or in you            temp.MarkAsNoLongerNeeded(); // get rid of model to free up memory        }    }}

Hello :D , i am new to C# and i have experience in C++ but i want to start on C# so i know that with making asi files you need the SDK which is the native trainer base but i have looked and i cant find an SDK for DLL Files [C#] & i want to know how i can create a C# mod. If someone could upload one of their mods (ANYTHING) to dropbox or something this would be very helpful but if there is an SDK please link it below. Also i have downloaded this https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet but im not sure how this is going to work also this might sound a bit noobish but i have tried to build it and i get errors but as i was saying before can someone help me with this. and btw i need to start this up then i will start to learn the language. (i know where to go for that)

when you have the .net framework add the dll as a reference in a class library project. you then can build it. also make sure to add system.windows.Forms to your references so that you can get keyboard events.

k

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using GTA;using Menu = GTA.Menu;using System.Windows.Forms;using GTA.Native;namespace Skelen_mod  {    public class Skelen_mod : Script    {        Skelen_mod()        {            // base functions go here;            Tick += OnTick;            KeyUp += OnKeyUp;// when key is released this is called            KeyDown += OnKeyDown; // when key is down this is called        }        void OnTick(object sender, EventArgs e)        {            // your stuff here        }        void OnKeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)        {            // An Example            if(e.KeyCode == Keys.F4) // when you press key f4 it spawns fabien            {                pedspawner(PedHash.Fabien);            }        }        void OnKeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)        {                    }        private void pedspawner(Model pedspawner_hash)        {            Model temp = new Model();            temp.Request(pedspawner_hash.Hash); // gets model number to load into memory            World.CreatePed(pedspawner_hash, Game.Player.Character.Position + Game.Player.Character.ForwardVector * 2); //spawn 2 units ahead of you instead of face to face or in you            temp.MarkAsNoLongerNeeded(); // get rid of model to free up memory        }    }}

when you have the .net framework add the dll as a reference in a class library project. you then can build it. also make sure to add system.windows.Forms to your references so that you can get keyboard events.

Thanks but can you upload an empty project of the stuff there but i can put my code in later? I cant get it to work, when i add some of my testing script to it [C#] it doesnt work it gives me like 70-80 errors so if you could do it, Thanks :D

qwerasdzxc

k

Thanks but can you upload an empty project of the stuff there but i can put my code in later? I cant get it to work, when i add some of my testing script to it [C#] it doesnt work it gives me like 70-80 errors so if you could do it, Thanks :DThis is what you need:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbhQKmLHe3WVkQx1oO3XZuGcfk0ddzlUt

darthbollo

k

Thanks but can you upload an empty project of the stuff there but i can put my code in later? I cant get it to work, when i add some of my testing script to it [C#] it doesnt work it gives me like 70-80 errors so if you could do it, Thanks :D

You didn't reference the dll. just because you have the dll on your computer doesn't mean the compiler is using it.

go to the solution explorer-> references-> add reference-> Browse-> GTA .net DLL-> check it.

then add System.Windows.Forms as a reference too.

k

Hey, just wanted to say this code won't work, first of all complier will complain about it:

1. PedHash isn't Model, though.

Model temp = new Model();

This is just empty class and Request function just requires time, not hash ;)

3.World.CreatePed requests model by itself, so no need additional calls ;)

All the best,

Paul.

k

Hey, just wanted to say this code won't work, first of all complier will complain about it:

1. PedHash isn't Model, though.

Model temp = new Model();

This is just empty class and Request function just requires time, not hash ;)

3.World.CreatePed requests model by itself, so no need additional calls ;)

All the best,

Paul.

CreatePed does not request the model by itself sometimes.

so its always safe to request it anyway

https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/wiki/How-Toshas some good examples of the basics, although their wiki really needs expanding. It's official for the ScriptHookV .NET plugin.

Another repository to look into is https://github.com/betenner/betrainer- tons of examples of practical uses in there. Make use of GitHub's search functionality if your having trouble finding different parts of the functions across different files.