2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you still do heists when your friends aren't on?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

We all know that grinding heists with friends is a good way to make money. However, I'm sure we've all had times where none of our friends aren't on, meaning that if we wanted to do heists, we would have to do them with randoms. So, if your friends aren't on, do you still go ahead and do heists with randoms? If not, then what do you do to make money in this situation?

I've only got one friend who plays GTA actively. Im guessing i wont complete them more than that one time

MikeyDLuffy

Of course! I make more money with randoms and finale hoping than with friends.

I pretty well only do heists with randoms. I've started adding people I meet that are competent to my friends list but it seems like they aren't on at the same time ever again.

I definitely pick and choose the setups I join as some give randoms more grief than others but can say that I've completed each heist a few times over. One player that knows what they are doing can make all the difference.

I'm 5 finale's away from unlocking free chrome high end rims on my second character.

I don't play enough to be able to add a bunch of friends and play with them regularly. I'm squeezing in a few hours here and there. I have too many other games to play beside this and even the occasional plan during the week can make it hard to get on.

Yes, I play with random players. It's weakness, really. I've done the CM challenge on two accounts and before that I've done enough missions and sold enough cars to already earn millions. I have no plans on blowing my cash on Pegasus vehicles for my alt characters, crazy stuff on my main character like gold aircraft or double purchases of vehicles. I literally said to myself that I don't need heist missions with random players anymore. I may even have stated that recently on this forum. But it's tempting to jump in a lobby or accept an invitation for a finale now that I'm used to it. I don't host for random players because that would be a huge waste of time and a great test of my patience. So yes, I still join some random games!

But contact missions are still a more reliable way of getting money and RP. The exceptions are heist finales because even with several failures in a row, getting paid 15% or 20% (or sometimes 25%, some hosts do that quickly when you join, I guess to make you more motivated) on a decent finale like Pacific Standard is still easier and quicker than playing 10 missions in a row. Since otherwise you have to deal with missions being too quick and badly paid, and often also with failures as well as the difficulty being set too low.

I think I just like playing missions where people are even more likely to fail, even if it means that it takes longer me to get paid. It makes it more interesting. And it's nice to see (well, imagine) people getting frustrated by their own incompetence. I'm not sadistic, but so many people are so annoying and seem to be so arrogant that I reckon it's good for them.

Captain Sensib1e

The ones that are easy, like key codes. But w randumbs u never know...

matajuegos01

I have no friends so really If I do a heist it's the fleeca with poor guys that gladly choose their 30% cut

I will only do heists with people from the meetup section or with friends. Doing it with randoms is too time consuming and too much of a hassle.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

rarely i do

i need more friends to.....some of the best ones recently transfered to ps4......and im not planning to be part of the big ripoff before new gen gets realy interesting exclusive things old gen does not get or mgs5 is reviewed as being yet an other masterpiece(i dont have a ps4(yet))

Victory Viper

I had a team and we completed the CMC once on Xbox 360 but now I rarely see them Online. I started to play Fleeca job with randoms but I waste a lot of time finishing the job. Now I play Missions from Martin (Rooftop Rumble, Holed up Burton and TLSC, mostly) but I'm looking for just 1 guy that can help me to grind Fleeca 2 times per day.

Only when I'm in the mood to laugh at noob mistakes..

Go passive, join random heist.

I Never go into it expecting to make any money.. just in it for the laughs

If you want to make money with randoms, join a contact mission

Smooth Longsack

No chance in hell will i run a hist wif no friends.

Not really, no.

If I need quick cash I'll play TLSC or play my Crystal Clear Out III playlist a few times.

Last time I played with randoms one guy kept dying, instead of leaving, I stayed just so I could pistol whip and spawn kill him.

Edited by Kushology

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

CarimboHanky

i try but playing with randumbs but its more frustration and failed attempts than profit...

the true heist experience is with friends!

Presidential

I've only got one friend who plays GTA actively. Im guessing i wont complete them more than that one time

I haven't even got to complete them all the one time...

i do but my success rate in completing the set ups and finales are less than 30%

I haven't even got to complete them all the one time...

That sucks. Don't want to play with randoms?

I had, thankfully, a crew of four at the time they came out.

Now, I just don't do them because my English is sh*t.

Only if and when I am bored.

Doing heists with randoms is painfully fun. I do not expect to complete them. It still baffles me as to how stupid people are even after heists have been out for several months now. If I beat them great, but I do not ever expect to complete them. I do pick and choose which set-ups i'll do and which ones I will not.

I don't play enough to be able to add a bunch of friends and play with them regularly. I'm squeezing in a few hours here and there. I have too many other games to play beside this and even the occasional plan during the week can make it hard to get on.

Yes, I play with random players. It's weakness, really. I've done the CM challenge on two accounts and before that I've done enough missions and sold enough cars to already earn millions. I have no plans on blowing my cash on Pegasus vehicles for my alt characters, crazy stuff on my main character like gold aircraft or double purchases of vehicles. I literally said to myself that I don't need heist missions with random players anymore. I may even have stated that recently on this forum. But it's tempting to jump in a lobby or accept an invitation for a finale now that I'm used to it. I don't host for random players because that would be a huge waste of time and a great test of my patience. So yes, I still join some random games!

But contact missions are still a more reliable way of getting money and RP. The exceptions are heist finales because even with several failures in a row, getting paid 15% or 20% (or sometimes 25%, some hosts do that quickly when you join, I guess to make you more motivated) on a decent finale like Pacific Standard is still easier and quicker than playing 10 missions in a row. Since otherwise you have to deal with missions being too quick and badly paid, and often also with failures as well as the difficulty being set too low.

I think I just like playing missions where people are even more likely to fail, even if it means that it takes longer me to get paid. It makes it more interesting. And it's nice to see (well, imagine) people getting frustrated by their own incompetence. I'm not sadistic, but so many people are so annoying and seem to be so arrogant that I reckon it's good for them.

I used to feel contact missions were a more reliable source of cash.

Not anymore.

Once you get the knack for "efficient" lobby hopping you should be completing an average of 2 Pac Finales per hour.

No way missions can touch that.

Not sure how you can do 2 Pacific Standard finales per hour when you don't get enough invitations to them, when you're half a second too late to accept them and when it can easily take half an hour to do one because of the crazy amount of failures.

Going on call mostly puts you in anything BUT that finale. More likely you'll be joining the lobby of a rank 20 player hosting Fleeca - Scope Out.

I'm usually not very skeptic and give people some credibility, but I find it hard to believe that there's any truth to your statement of two of those finales in one hour. If it is, it will not be consistent.

I'll believe it if I see multiple video's of you being online, going on call and doing two of those finales with random players. Random invitations? We'll probably be waiting longer than an hour.

Cracka.Brew

It seems what ever heist you have loaded as host, when you go to join heist through phone, thats the job you get put into most. If you have pac as the heist your on, ittl put you mostly into that job, if you have none set, ittl put you into any (mostly fleeca ive noticed)

Not sure how you can do 2 Pacific Standard finales per hour when you don't get enough invitations to them, when you're half a second too late to accept them and when it can easily take half an hour to do one because of the crazy amount of failures.

Going on call mostly puts you in anything BUT that finale. More likely you'll be joining the lobby of a rank 20 player hosting Fleeca - Scope Out.

I'm usually not very skeptic and give people some credibility, but I find it hard to believe that there's any truth to your statement of two of those finales in one hour. If it is, it will not be consistent.

I'll believe it if I see multiple video's of you being online, going on call and doing two of those finales with random players. Random invitations? We'll probably be waiting longer than an hour.

Edited by Cracka.Brew

TeamAssist

Yes, why not? There's nothing wrong with guiding randoms or other friends through it. If the team keeps failing or doesn't listen i just leave and find anew

It seems what ever heist you have loaded as host, when you go to join heist through phone, thats the job you get put into most. If you have pac as the heist your on, ittl put you mostly into that job, if you have none set, ittl put you into any (mostly fleeca ive noticed)

That sounds like a dodgy mechanic. I'll test this and see for myself.

Wolftickets

I usually don't. I joined a random pac standard finale last night. It was on normal...... So I was like ok whatever. Then the leader proceeds to give me 10%. I get on my mic and tell them there is no way I'm doing this for 10%. He says I dident do any of the setups blah blah. And I left.

So yea. No more randoms for me. I'll wait for my crew to get on.

I usually don't. I joined a random pac standard finale last night. It was on normal...... So I was like ok whatever. Then the leader proceeds to give me 10%. I get on my mic and tell them there is no way I'm doing this for 10%. He says I dident do any of the setups blah blah. And I left.

So yea. No more randoms for me. I'll wait for my crew to get on.

Perhaps people are refusing to reinvite the team from previous missions just so they can do this.

Surely they can't all be this stupid?

If you don't get your last team back, you will need other players. Obviously. And that means that those players were not involved in any set up mission leading up to the finale. Why create this situation yourself and then refuse to pay the newcomers even the default chosen cut?

Seems like a waste of time to be hosting heists then. Oh well, their loss.

Not sure how you can do 2 Pacific Standard finales per hour when you don't get enough invitations to them,

Quick jobbing works for me