2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Modded Double Roll

Lord_Smasherton

Lord_Smasherton

Well, this is a pain in the ass. I play on ps4, encountered this gem multiple times yesterday.

People could do double or triple combat rolls, effectively removing the ability to lock on to them. Managed to kill a few eventually by just following the roller with my assault rifle, but still sucks.

I know the ps4 hasn't been jail broken yet, so I did a little googling. Looks like players can mod their game on ps3,then transfer the account over to ps4 and the mods stick. The double combat roll is one of those mods.

I'm sorta bummed about this one. I live pvp, so this really f*cks you in death matches.

Reported a few, sent video on one, so we'll see what happens.

I had a god mode player yesterday on XBone, on foot with a bounty.

CarimboHanky

lastgen meets newgen hahaha quite funny how some mods stick to your character after transfer haha

CrysisAverted

This is all thanks to R* pathetic attempt at a cash grab by releasing their game on a console that was on its way out and incapable of running it smoothly

• Like 2

Sky_Light12

oh , so it's confirmed modded account from PS3 b4 transfer ?

Presidential

I find most mods to be funny no matter what system. Invincibility and other mods that give you an advantage against another player, though? That's dirty. I don't like that.

Lord_Smasherton

I can confirm only that I read it on the Internet, so take it with a grain of salt. But also according to modding forums, the ps4 has not been jailbroken. Could be some kind of glitch, but it hasn't appeared on 7sins as a glitch.

Read on another forum that there's people who can mod the account then transfer it to ps4. That's about as far as I can confirm it.

So at the very least the phenomenon is happening. As to the cause, makes sense to me that it was a modded transfer account.

Edit: here's one of the links: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/grand-theft-auto-v-answered-questions/822840-mod-gta-5-online-ps4.html

Edited by Lord_Smasherton

The rolling is an attribute that gets transferred, along with unlimited snacks/ammo/armour and so on. $20 buys you a character like this, apparently.

Solid Scorpion

Guessing these files are on the R*'s server side then?

They could potentially patch them all out then if they could be bothered to do a big sweep.

But it doesn't directly affect another players experience like $, appearance or car colours so I guess it's not a priority.

Lord_Smasherton

Guessing these files are on the R*'s server side then?

They could potentially patch them all out then if they could be bothered to do a big sweep.

But it doesn't directly affect another players experience like $, appearance or car colours so I guess it's not a priority.

Ha! Rockstar logic.

CarcerCityMadMan

I can confirm only that I read it on the Internet, so take it with a grain of salt. But also according to modding forums, the ps4 has not been jailbroken. Could be some kind of glitch, but it hasn't appeared on 7sins as a glitch.

Read on another forum that there's people who can mod the account then transfer it to ps4. That's about as far as I can confirm it.

So at the very least the phenomenon is happening. As to the cause, makes sense to me that it was a modded transfer account.

Edit: here's one of the links: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/grand-theft-auto-v-answered-questions/822840-mod-gta-5-online-ps4.html

That is what it is 100% modded accounts being transferred to ps4/xb1.Up side is you can record them and send a video with the report.Hopefully they get that sh*t out of the game,If you need to resort to doing that it is a sure sign you are a weak player.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan

I once encountered this on my PS3. Because of my high KD ratio I was invited to a clan of supposedly skilled players. They'd had me fight against their best player in a one-on-one DM to test my skills. I'd never seen a guy combat roll so fast as he did, it was insane and I thought he had god-like skills. It ended 9-1 for him and it made me feel bad about my own skills. Only recently did I learn on this forum about the unlimited combat roll mod and this guy most certainly used it.

Edited by DBrasco

CarcerCityMadMan

Sucks indeed if you like deathmatches.

All i can say is ppl who use mods were you got no recoil or have infinite rolls are pussies lol.There are tactics though to fighting ppl like this,sticky bomb from cover comes to mind

• Like 2

Lord_Smasherton

All i can say is ppl who use mods were you got no recoil or have infinite rolls are pussies lol.There are tactics though to fighting ppl like this,sticky bomb from cover comes to mind

Agreed, it's not as bad as God mode. Still sucks. Very satisfying to beat one of these guys though.

CarcerCityMadMan

Agreed, it's not as bad as God mode. Still sucks. Very satisfying to beat one of these guys though.

Oh f*ck yeah,i make sure i get on the mic right away and rip into them lol.

CarimboHanky

I once encountered this on my PS3. Because of my high KD ratio I was invited to a clan of supposedly skilled players. They'd had me fight against their best player in a one-on-one DM to test my skills. I'd never seen a guy combat roll so fast as he did, it was insane and I thought he had god-like skills. It ended 9-1 for him and it made me feel bad about my own skills. Only recently did I learn on this forum about the unlimited combat roll mod and this guy most certainly used it.

naaa in reality you got your ass handed hahaha

CrysisAverted

tdms are a joke anyway, f*cking laggy servers or lag switches I don't know whether to blame R* or the players

Soran Is On

As a free aimer this is hilarious to me

CarcerCityMadMan

tdms are a joke anyway, f*cking laggy servers or lag switches I don't know whether to blame R* or the players

Idk what game you are playing but rarely have a problem,maybe you should upgrade to high speed from dial up lol

xXepicjasaXx

i would put on free aim but i dont want to play COD or BF, i wanna play GTA :p

Soran Is On

i would put on free aim but i dont want to play COD or BF, i wanna play GTA :p

Pretty sure I'm playing GTA too. But if people do this in free aim you just shoot them. So *insert sad trombone horn here*

CrysisAverted

Idk what game you are playing but rarely have a problem,maybe you should upgrade to high speed from dial up lol

Love how people like to blame users having connection problems, especially on a game that wasn't playable online during its release week and heists

too many dial-up users mang.

but you raise a good point as well, tdms are a joke anyway because not everyone is playing with the same speeds

Edited by CrysisAverted

coachcolbert

A lot of ppl i play with have these accounts. The Marksmen Rifle is your friend. Most ppl who have these modded accounts arent that good.

If it gets that bad, just block them..easy

Sky_Light12

they're selling mod for transfer ? , just gr8

C* being an ignorant for not having another banwave

Edited by Sky_Light12

I'm not against modding unless it deals with actual player mods. God mode, excessive combat rolls. That's just childish.

Assault shotgun and quick nades (NG) work wonders for the assholes with unlimited combat rolls..

Well, this is a pain in the ass. I play on ps4, encountered this gem multiple times yesterday.

People could do double or triple combat rolls, effectively removing the ability to lock on to them. Managed to kill a few eventually by just following the roller with my assault rifle, but still sucks.

Well.. to be honest,

People can roll all day long.... they are simply avoiding the crappola Auto aim.. So 'free aim' them to death instead of relying so much on auto aim.

The roll is only preventing you from locking on.. it does no prevent death.

• Like 2