2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

AFK PSA

FrozenDanCicle

FrozenDanCicle

If you join random missions with no intention of helping at all, you are an asshole.

Let me qualify this by saying that I am fine if we have done a mission together where you helped and now you need to take a sh*t, or scarf down dinner and you need to afk for a mission. I would even be fine with a friend asking me if they can afk on some missions while they do homework.

It is unacceptable though when I am host and I don't know you, for you to not help right off the bat. I can accept you being idle for a minute or two, we all know being on call is hit and miss and maybe you were starting laundry while you waited, who knows. But I am so sick of starting a missionand two scrubs just stand there expecting their GTA welfare check to come through.

You eat up any extra life we have by getting killed once enemies appear to give chase, if we should die we have to sit there watching you hoping you will wake the f*ck up and finish the mission.

I will continue to get the mission almost complete then kick you useless twats out of the session. Again, if you have been helping and need to sit one out im cool with that, but dont join my mission and expect me to just sit there.

You afk'ers might not know this since you don't bother playing, but there are SOOOOOO many of you out there and it gets really annoying.

Rant over.

FrozenDanCicle

When u kill them they still collect money and xp. Kick them and give them the gift of loading screens and empty pockets.

Quinn_flower

b&m

• Like 3

Complete some missions with them and then when you're tired of doing them go to free mode and when you get into the same lobby together call a mugger after them repeatedly and take all their afk money.

• Like 1

Misanthrope Z

kill them all and then leave i say

FrozenDanCicle

I like that socks, good idea!

I'm kind of the person you don't want to mess with usually lol. I just have a little bit of an evil streak lol.

• Like 1

Misanthrope Z

I'm kind of the person you don't want to mess with usually lol. I just have a little bit of an evil streak lol.

most of us do

i tend to get crafty when someone annoys the sh*t out of me

i'll never forget the time i had a bunch of afk guys in one mission and i was lucky enough to be the first one to spawn with my insurgent less than 200 ft away. stuck a stickybomb on it, drove back to where i spawned, waited for them and blew them all the f*ck up when they arrived

Edited by Pegassi Autobot

I find what bothers people most and hit them there. Being an obnoxious twat but don't like people doing better than you or getting in your way? Prepare yourself for getting cock blocked repeatedly. Basically just fun to push their buttons.

• Like 1

FrozenDanCicle

I had two guys afk in los santos connection, just them and myself. They of course died after I got in the granger and enemies spawned. I did everything, then instead of flying to madrazzos I parachuted, called in my car and dicked around for a good 15 minutes till one of them left. Then of course I drove off a cliff and landed on the roof, blowing myself up and failing the mission. I was sad because I really wanted to get that other dick to back out.

• Like 1

I had someone ram me repeatedly on rooftop rumble while going to madrazo's. I had the docs so I just didn't turn them in. They were sitting in the turn in spot and I stickied a car, drove it toward them, bailed, detonated it, and laughed as the burning husk went flying into them killing them. Then I didn't turn it in for a half hour.

• Like 3

bulldog385

Who the H*** Cares If someone wants to AFK in Missions? It doesn't Bother Me. You get More Money, when More People Join the Missions Anyways Don't You? I always say The More the Merrier when it comes to Extra Money LOL

• Like 1

gorskiegangsta

..when you get into the same lobby together..

Yeah, good luck with that. I still have trouble exiting into a same session with friends, much less randoms.

OP, the solution is simple. Exit to free roam, then host another lobby. I honestly don't encounter that many AFK'ers. Not nearly as many as the repeatedly run teammates over and/or blow up their car trolls, anyway.

FrozenDanCicle

Who the H*** Cares If someone wants to AFK in Missions? It doesn't Bother Me. You get More Money, when More People Join the Missions Anyways Don't You? I always say The More the Merrier when it comes to Extra Money LOL

If I wanted to solo missions I would do exactly that. I didn't bother inviting people so I can get a couple extra dollars, I did it so I can engage in team work and get things done quicker.

bulldog385

If I wanted to solo missions I would do exactly that. I didn't bother inviting people so I can get a couple extra dollars, I did it so I can engage in team work and get things done quicker.

Team work ... Thanks for the Laugh. Teamwork is Like a Rarity at Least for me to see Nowadays. It seems Like every time I Join a Random Mission, Every one races to the Objective and either Blows it up, dies or if You try to collect Objective, Others will try to kill/Kick You. Like WTF ?? . This is why I Gave up Playing with Randoms a lot and host My Own or Join Friends anymore. Btw Sorry I wasn't trying to be Rude, We all have our Own Play Styles, That's what makes us Unique. Edited by bulldog385
  • Like 1

Just run them over with your car, fail the mission, and kick them afterwords.

• Like 2

Awayfromkeyboard

Got me millions while doing some browsing. :lol:

I'll just jump in my car, drive for 10 sec so you get the impression I'm participating and then collect your hard earned money.

Edited by Awayfromkeyboard
  • Like 3

Team work ... Thanks for the Laugh. Teamwork is Like a Rarity at Least for me to see Nowadays. It seems Like every time I Join a Random Mission, Every one races to the Objective and either Blows it up, dies or if You try to collect Objective, Others will try to kill/Kick You. Like WTF ?? . This is why I Gave up Playing with Randoms a lot and host My Own or Join Friends anymore. Btw Sorry I wasn't trying to be Rude, We all have our Own Play Styles, That's what makes us Unique.

I don't understand, why all the caps? I hope your input device implements that and not yourself.

• Like 2

Assasin_Zack

It's worse when people do it in Heists where everyone gets a wanted level. We were doing the Series A setup where you need to take cocaine from the Yacht. Missing the 4th person while we were doing it didn't hurt us but, at the end you have a wanted level you need to get rid off, and the AFK'er got shot...

bulldog385

Team work ... Thanks for the Laugh. Teamwork is Like a Rarity at Least for me to see Nowadays. It seems Like every time I Join a Random Mission, Every one races to the Objective and either Blows it up, dies or if You try to collect Objective, Others will try to kill/Kick You. Like WTF ?? . This is why I Gave up Playing with Randoms a lot and host My Own or Join Friends anymore. Btw Sorry I wasn't trying to be Rude, We all have our Own Play Styles, That's what makes us Unique.

I don't understand, why all the caps? I hope your input device implements that and not yourself.

LOL !! j/k

8f842292c1dfacbc6e317b51e83f4e1d89d84944

But seriously It's Kind of a Personal/Health Reason, why I Type Like That

Edited by bulldog385
  • Like 2

The Lone Wanderer

I always go afk when there's like 4 savages flying around

wtf is the point

Ai®a©ob®a

No you don't you get the same amount of money if you do it solo or with randoms...

You onlu get extra RP is if you're doing it with friends or crew members

If you join random missions with no intention of helping at all, you are an asshole.

Let me qualify this by saying that I am fine if we have done a mission together where you helped and now you need to take a sh*t, or scarf down dinner and you need to afk for a mission. I would even be fine with a friend asking me if they can afk on some missions while they do homework.

It is unacceptable though when I am host and I don't know you, for you to not help right off the bat. I can accept you being idle for a minute or two, we all know being on call is hit and miss and maybe you were starting laundry while you waited, who knows. But I am so sick of starting a missionand two scrubs just stand there expecting their GTA welfare check to come through.

You eat up any extra life we have by getting killed once enemies appear to give chase, if we should die we have to sit there watching you hoping you will wake the f*ck up and finish the mission.

I will continue to get the mission almost complete then kick you useless twats out of the session. Again, if you have been helping and need to sit one out im cool with that, but dont join my mission and expect me to just sit there.

You afk'ers might not know this since you don't bother playing, but there are SOOOOOO many of you out there and it gets really annoying.

Rant over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

No you don't you get the same amount of money if you do it solo or with randoms...

You onlu get extra RP is if you're doing it with friends or crew members

You still get the maximum payout if you let the mission run for 12 minutes (or however long it takes to max' the payout). The difference in RP between solo and with friends/crew is minimal.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

More rp and cash for every player joining.

If i die they have to do it...if not i do it...and i trust myself more then randumbs

terabaapkabaap

Lol back when I didn't have 50 race wins to my name, I would harvest em outta these afkers :')

paulmgrath

I find what bothers people most and hit them there. Being an obnoxious twat but don't like people doing better than you or getting in your way? Prepare yourself for getting cock blocked repeatedly. Basically just fun to push their buttons.

cock blocked repeatedly? wtf lol

LonerStoner97

Got me millions while doing some browsing. :lol:

I'll just jump in my car, drive for 10 sec so you get the impression I'm participating and then collect your hard earned money.

nobhead