3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Do you think we will be able to transfer our characters to the next ga

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Nah nah nah Gta 6

I think it's gonna be obvious the next GTA will have a big multiplayer like GTA V, one thing I want is to transfer our characters.

Now I don't think everything should transfer, such as rank otherwise there would be no challenge, stuff like cars, money and just how your character look should transfer, this would be a cool feature as It would be awesome to continue the adventures of our online characters.

What do you guys think? Should characters be transferred to the next game or should they just stay in Los santos.

GamesBoy316

Didn't Rockstar say something about GTA Online expanding and stuff? So I believe GTA Online will continue on with GTA VI, with our characters moving and probably starting over. Basically we'll have the same character, but we'll lose everything somehow because it'd just be unbalanced then.

Edited by GamesBoy316
  • Like 1

xGeoThumbs

I think there will be some sort of continued progression between GTA 5 and the next GTA.

The fact that it's not called GTA 5 multiplayer mode, but GTA Online makes me believe that they went with a bigger vision for multiplayer.

They can hardly call the next game's multiplayer GTA Online 2 now can they.

Regarding what will transfer, I haven't got a clue. Character RP, cars and weapons most likely won't since you would have an unbalanced game from release.

Crystal3lf

I can see it now.. "F**K ROCKSTAR TOOK MY CHARACTERS RANK AND MONEY IN GTA VI MONEY WHORES JUST WANT US TO BUY SHARKCARDS AGAIN"

• Like 2

I don't see a reason for them to take anything away from us. They can expand the game and we just keep growing with it. I mean even if they added a new city there would still be no reason to make us start from scratch. I mean maybe when we get to that city we won't have all our cars and homes cuz that would make sense but we would have our cash and weapons.

Then we would just have to buy a new place to live and some new whips to drive around in. But I do hope they let us go back and fourth or maybe import some of our favorite cars to the new city. But none of us knows what they have in store for this game. I just know I have to upgrade to ps4 before they move on with out me.

Edited by Grimase

I have an idea.

So, lets say GTA VI has GTA Online, the online could basically be V online, but with an added city for content. And if they decide to keep that going GTA 7's online would have another city, along with LS, and whatever city 6 had. And so theres no BS "Console limitations" the Previous cities would ONLY be loaded online, via airplane travel, island like cities, idk. But i think that would fit well to give Online the true GTA Online feeling. If they kept the servers the same, you could own V's weapons, and cars on the next generations on GTAs.

Edited by cooltay

happygrowls

I think that people who return from V should get a little extra money bump when starting, aswell as maybe an exclusive gun or vehicle for free.

• Like 1

I don't know how GTA Online will evolve but it is supposed to stay along the next GTA game.

Maybe there will be an improved physics and graphical engine, so it would be a GTA Online 2.0, and then we should be able to transfert our characters, only with the money, because the items would be different so we couldn't keep them. Or maybe everything will just be upgraded. For exemple the cars will stay the same, but with more detailed 3D models.

R* could change their mind about GTA Online, because of the cheating / hacking problem. I think they failed on that matter, and they seem helpless really. So they must use a totaly different structure.

Edited by jdwarfer

Rockstar mentioned a couple years ago you will. But just remember GTA online is not GTA V. It's GTA online, highly likely it will remain based on the V engine after/if Rockstar ever both with a GTA 6 (single player). But I doubt they will. Single player games are long dead.

They seem keen on adding Miami and maybe new york to gta online, I think that'll happen long long before any change of the engine.

Edited by elfoam

E•MO•TION

I don't even think R* knows what they want to do with GTA Online. Assuming they were to get their act together, I think GTA Online has the potential to be its own standalone (do I dare say "subscription-based") title.

Edited by 2281

L8m1zfV.png

FourFingersOfFun

Yes

But why are you creating a thread for something that's like 3 years away? ._.

Rockstar mentioned a couple years ago you will. But just remember GTA online is not GTA V. It's GTA online, highly likely it will remain based on the V engine after/if Rockstar ever both with a GTA 6 (single player). But I doubt they will. Single player games are long dead.

They seem keen on adding Miami and maybe new york to gta online, I think that'll happen long long before any change of the engine.

Single player games are not dead...

From that simple fact, I assume there will be a GTA VI some day.

What they said about GTA Online before it was out could be released or not. They couldn't be sure about that. It was too soon.

Anything can happen.

Edited by jdwarfer

Transferring players are on the run from LS and Lester wires you some cash (returning players bonus) to you in the new city.

FrozenDanCicle

One issue I have is if my rank transfers, it seems like I will have everything unlocked already, which is one problem I have with online as it is now.

Having stuff to unlock gives me a nice incentive to level up to get my grubby mits on it.

Didn't Rockstar say something about GTA Online expanding and stuff? So I believe GTA Online will continue on with GTA VI, with our characters moving and probably starting over. Basically we'll have the same character, but we'll lose everything somehow because it'd just be unbalanced then.

If it will happen, I'll start from zero anyway, otherwhise all the fun goes away.

Single player games are not dead...

From that simple fact, I assume there will be a GTA VI some day.

What they said about GTA Online before it was out could be released or not. They couldn't be sure about that. It was too soon.

Anything can happen.

Who's ever played story mode.. not many people. It's pretty crap. I haven't played a single player game in years.

Don't take your own opinion for a fact.

Many gamers like single player games. AAA or independant ones.

You just don't like playing alone. It doesn't mean single player games are crap...

• Like 1

Hopeing that Rockstars will make GTAO a thing of its own. Honestly, i couldn't care less for story mode/singleplayer.

• Like 1

PhillBellic

I don't know at this stage. It may be possible to Transfer to the next Game.

Probably. But I would start from scratch again, as I did when I moved to current gen. I've never been caught up in this "progression" thing much. If I lost my current character today I would shrug it off and just start again. Are people really worried about transferring in 3 or 4 years time?

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I hope not.

Any new GTAO is better off being build from the ground up.

• Like 2

Maybe. But only the characters one, not the progress too, obviously.

And some usual cash bonus for save transfering, probably.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

As long as the rank, cars, and weapons transfer over I'm good.

I don't think money will cross over.

XxJazzy42xX

I don't really care. The ability to change the appearance after the 1st time as many times as you want would be all I need personally.

Like others say, this could be a stand-alone game in the future without the GTA V. If GTA VI gets it's own online there may be transferring the looks and maybe money/rank/cars but that is if all the cars in GTA V go to GTA VI, because not all of IV's cars came to V. It might also be unfair for people new to VI.

• 2 weeks later...