2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Some frequent game play questions, re: jet and passive etc....

MVX11V

Hey, back after a brief break from GTA online I find a couple of issues cropping up frequently.

The first (1) is when trying to take down a Hydra or similar jet, it seems that the normal defense by the pilot from a homing lock is to repeatedly circle and that's fine but will a missile eventually hit it? Another player and I were homing in on a griefing Hydra last night and the missiles were not contacting. (We got a result though as he must have been dizzy enough and wrapped the jet around a shop).

(2) The second enlightenment I require is that some players do not appear as 'passive' on the map and after preparing to execute them they are found to be driving a transparent vehicle suggesting that they ARE passive and they cannot be killed, although their blip is still a solid dot. Are they passive, not passive or are they performing magical tricks?

(3) Are players still dropping cash when killed or has everyone wised up from carrying substantial folding in their pockets? I am missing successful late night collections from squeakers that have fallen asleep at the controller, I shall be out of business soon if this drought continues.

(4) Why (usually at the most critical moment) during game play is the entire lobby thrown out leaving my character alone with a huge ammo bill?

(5) Why (usually at the most critical moment) during game play do Pegasus spawns retract as my character approaches? I suspect this may be because the space that they are intended to spawn in is occupied by a stationary vehicle ie; the Vinewood bus which spawns as you approach.

1. In my experience, no the missle will not unless I've just been unlucky.

2. This is just a bug. Sometimes you may not be able to see that they are in passive but other players might be able to see that they are. This usually happens when you respawn.

3. Yes they are although I don't always get a decent bundle of money when I kill them.

4. Rockstar's servers. Nuff said.

5. You are correct. This also happens when other players are near the spawn of the pegasus vehicle and if you have a passenger in your vehicle.

• Like 2

You will never truely be able to. I always wonder "Why?" about a lot of things in my life.

Oh then yeah you'll be free of always asking yourself "Why?" as far as the game is concerned. Well, atleast until the next update. Then we'll all be asking "Why?" when Rockstar changes something that wasn't needed.

(2) The second enlightenment I require is that some players do not appear as 'passive' on the map and after preparing to execute them they are found to be driving a transparent vehicle suggesting that they ARE passive and they cannot be killed, although their blip is still a solid dot. Are they passive, not passive or are they performing magical tricks?at they are intended to spawn in is occupied by a stationary vehicle ie; the Vinewood bus which spawns as you approach.

I didn't even know passive players had a different dot. I guess that is because 99% of the time I don't look for a fight.

What icon should they have? the white outlined circle with the diagonal stripe? Or the small flag? I guess the first but I always thought that meant that they we're afk for 2 minutes or more or something.

Edited by Verstappen

Yes, passive SHOULD be a round outlined circle with a diagonal line through it. The colour (white to red) is like the solid blip and shows how mad they are. The flag is player paused and you're suppose to just drive by them rather than running them over.... if you're nice.

SMOKE_JAGUAR__

Yes, passive SHOULD be a round outlined circle with a diagonal line through it. The colour (white to red) is like the solid blip and shows how mad they are. The flag is player paused and you're suppose to just drive by them rather than running them over.... if you're nice.

Yeah my experience is that is just a "free kill" flag for most.

• 2 months later...

I have shot down number of jets once they swing into view after they took shot at me while I was hiding around cover of building. In open territory they have more of an advantage. A good pilot can avoid the missles. I would suggest avoiding fights w aircraft in open territory - switch out of there by switching to another lobby or taking job.

(4) Why (usually at the most critical moment) during game play is the entire lobby thrown out leaving my character alone with a huge ammo bill?

not the entire lobby is thrown out but you are!

it just says that all of them were leaving the lobby.

always if everybody else is "leaving" it's a sign that you have lost connection to the lobby or a job.

the ammo bill has nothing to do with that though.

DentureDynamite
(5) Why (usually at the most critical moment) during game play do Pegasus spawns retract as my character approaches? I suspect this may be because the space that they are intended to spawn in is occupied by a stationary vehicle ie; the Vinewood bus which spawns as you approach.

This is a bug that needs fixing (at least on the PC), because it has occurred even when there's clearly nothing blocking the spawn point.

There's another bug somewhat similar to this in that a number of dedicated helipads on the top of buildings will

("Your location is unsuitable for our helicopter").

Yeah, go figure.

Edited by DentureDynamite