3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA SA Lag

THEGADGETgeek1999

THEGADGETgeek1999

Hello. May I just anyone here to help me in my problem. As you see, my GTA SA lags. Please help! Are there any Low-End PC mods out there that may help me?

Here are my Specs:

Neo Basic M1110 Netbook

Intel Atom N570 1.67ghz

Intel GMA 3150 (with custom drivers)

2gb RAM

P.S. Please guys, I know my rig is very low and old. Please don't just tell me to buy a new pc because I don't have money for it.

^

That's fake.

The game works very well with 2GB RAM even with 1GB RAM, probably your videocard is the problem, check the VRAM please.

In case here the GTA SA PC requirements.

Minimum:

CPU: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent CPU Speed: 1 Ghz RAM: 256 MB OS: Windows 2000/XP only Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 3 or better) Sound Card: Yes Free Disk Space: 3.6 GB for minimal install DVD-ROM: 8X DVD-ROM

Recommended:

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP CPU Speed: 2 Ghz RAM: 384 MB (the more the better!) OS: Windows 2000/XP only Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6 series) Sound Card: Yes Free Disk Space: 4.7 GB for full install DVD-ROM: 16X DVD-ROM (speed not tested) Edited by gts.

THEGADGETgeek1999

@inadequate - I already tried it. Just increased 1 fps. Is there any lag reducing mods (like Optifine in Minecraft)?

@DragonpokeZ - My game starts properly. 2gb is fine.

THEGADGETgeek1999

I'm sorry, I forgot to put that I lag when (specially) in crowded areas. But when there are no people, cars or building in my sight, there is no lag. My fps in crowded areas is 6-13. But when it is not crowded it is 18-30. I want to play it in at least 30 fps. By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

SarahPilko

You could try this:

http://plod.mooo.com/#textureshrinker

It helped me a lot on my old laptop. I know it says MTA (GTA SA multiplayer) but it works for singleplayer too.

The good thing is that you can restore back to normal textures if you don't like it! :)

Also, UltraThing MIGHT help, with the removal of effects and blur (turn everything off).

Edited by SarahPilko

If you have any mods which are high resoluted and have big size, i recommend you to remove them.

Or even if you have too much mods, mod packs or so, remove at least some of them.

One of the solutions is to decrease resolution and make settings to medium / high and reduce draw distance.

Frame limiter indeed helped me with same problem. I just turned him off and it worked well.

Also, close programs you don't use while playing such as Steam or so...

Greetings

Edited by NeLLeSRB

• 2 weeks later...
THEGADGETgeek1999

@NelleSRB and gajrajgchouhan - I dont have any mods installed except for CLEO 4.3 with 3 Scripts (Spawners and Time Limit Disabler), StreamMemfix by alex, and Ultrathing. I am at the lowest settings my but the Game still lags. Please help. I want to play the game so badly.

gajrajgchouhan

Uninstall it completely.Delete GTA San Andreas User Files from GTA San Andreas,back up the save games only.

Reinstall it,turn off all the settings to lowest.Start a new game and save it.

Then give a screenshot of your settings.If it still lags.

If your game lags, i've got a solution to give your system visual memory, this was helped me when i had a old laptop.

Go to control panel search for keyword "performance" . open Use tools to improve performance >> Adjust visual effects >> Advanced >> Change (bellow of visual memory) set paging for all drives with System managed size click Ok

and about the mods you installed, remove StreamMemfix.asi i recommend you use fastman92's limit adjuster

Install SilentPatch turn on frame limiter and set your game setting to highest, the game should work fine with that kind of system spec anyway.

If you just want to play the game you have more than the reccomended settings.

Reccomended system hardware

Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz

Gpu 64 Mb

Ram 256 Mb

Yes is not hardware demmanding as most people make you believe.

Reccomendations

Add gta_sa.exe to DEP (remember you have to set turn on dep for all the programs and services except those i select)

Run the game on compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3 Reccomended)

make the game run as administrator (this and the step before is easy to do just right click on the game exe)

Now the difficult part avoid running the game on resoulutions higher than 800x600,the higher the resolution the higher gpu you need.

Set the visualfx to low or medium

Turn off the antialiasing.

If you have enb delete inmediatelly.

And with those settings you will be able to play the game without problems.

Now if you want to use mods

Use the latest cleo,avoid using this StreamMemfix.asi because it will make your game crash every 5 to 10 minutes so is useless.

Install mem2048.cs (this cleo is a stream memory fix the size is 18 Kb if you have anything smaller it wont work i saw the other day a 1 kb size)

And if you want to iunstall cars or ped you have to avoid the use of high polys ped and high polys car.

You computer is able to run the game so you can install any mod as long you avoid the ones i mention

Im using high polys stuff on my other computer my old companion and is not as powerfull as you may think

Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz

Ram 1 Gb

Gpu Ati Radeon 9250 256 Mb

As you see is almost the same as your the only difference is mine have a proper gpu this is the reason of why you get slowdowns is because you have an integrated intel gpu (those are bad for games) and im asuming you have most of the setting are on the highest you just need to follow my steps and you will run the game at full speed i forgot to mention the game runs at 25 fps

Edited by Tabris666

THEGADGETgeek1999

@Frank987 - Thanks for replying, SilentPatch did not gave me any performance boost. With fastman92's limit adjuster, it just gave me additional 1 fps. Any more solutions??

@Tabris666 - Thanks for answering but DEP just makes the game crash with cleo. Nothing happened when setting it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility and Running as Administrator. I can't handle ENB, plus, even with all the settings in VERY LOW (Everything turned off, 640x480x16 resolution), the game still lags. mem2048.cs gave me lag even more. Right now, the only mods I have is CLEO and three scripts. Nothing else.

@Tabris666 - Thanks for answering but DEP just makes the game crash with cleo. Nothing happened when setting it in Windows XP SP3 compatibility and Running as Administrator. I can't handle ENB, plus, even with all the settings in VERY LOW (Everything turned off, 640x480x16 resolution), the game still lags. mem2048.cs gave me lag even more. Right now, the only mods I have is CLEO and three scripts. Nothing else.

Is impossible that the game crash for adding it to DEP because if you arent aware the old games used on modern hardware and windows has to be added to DEP.

I think you need to delete all and uninstall everything,after that do what i do,by the way download cleo from http://www.cleo.li is the official page.

Wich scripts are you using you had to mention this,by the way do you have properly installed the onboard chipset driver,do you have direct x 9 installed.

Normally thats a regular problem if you dont have all the drivers properly installed and direct x 9 jun 2010,because with your computer and running the game at that resolution i can assume you dont have any drivers installed, otherwise your game should run 80 fps with that resolution i tested this on my old computer and fraps marked 150 fps with the same resolution and everything at the lowest setting

Edited by Tabris666