Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,749 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Niko Montana

Huang Lee Appreciation Thread

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I never plaued GTA CW, but watched some walkthroughs of it. The game seems interesting.

Huang is also a cool guy. I liked him. I wish it was released on PC.

Payne Killer

At least play the game bro, Huang is awesome.

KYX

For a short handheld comic based game, Huang is sure one of my favorite Protagonists. His sarcastic personality gave him some of the most hilarious lines in GTA's History.

Seriously, i think it is the most underrated. I'll choose him over Victor Vance or Toni Cipriani anyday. Not that i dislike them, but Huang is just better in my opinion.

doovenshire

Lol, who?

ClaudeTheMan

Lol, who?

Dude. Don't do this.

Tao Cheng

I've played a lot of GTA games and he's one of the very few characters that managed to make me laugh for real during cutscenes.

Rebel Yell

Huang is a very, very underrated protagonist in both the whole GTA franchise and gaming world. I believe he could easily catch popularity if Chinatown Wars was a more widespread game. In the beginning, he only seems like a spoiled, dumb rich kid with his thumb jammed up his ass but later Huang shapes into a one-man show that matches other characters (most of whom are selfish, egoistical douchebags) with his wit and intellect. Also he's the most likable sarcastic person in the whole series... I mean, I like Michael but he's quite a sarcastic DICK to a huge extent.

TakeshiSantos

Huang's sarcasm hits so hard that is almost impossible to not laugh, especially with Chan. He does some crazy sh*t in game and it's not afraid to driva an leaking tanker to blow a gambling den, throw molotovs in the Hapiness Island and get that hard-earned Coke to make money.

Gummy 

Lol, who?

ang Lee

Edited by Gummy 

just do it bob3

He might be rich and spoiled, but he knows how to get stuff done.

MisanthropicDread

Huang is a good character due to the snarkiness. That's actually all I have to say. He's intelligent as all hell, too.

Journey_95

Yeah he was pretty entertaining. I just wish this game was in 3D, dislike the top down perspective (even though its not as bad as in the first GTA's).

swabbie

Huang was a great protagonist, imo he came across as genuinely intelligent and I like that. His sarcastic humour, even in tough situations, also made him a likeable character for me. Additionally I like that even he was horrified at times by the violence carried out by other characters, such as in that ambulance mission for Zhou.

I also found Huang more believable than other GTA protagonists I've played as. In GTA:SA for example it felt like they tried to make CJ out to be this nice-guy caught up in bad situations who just wanted to get his family back together, but that was kinda undermined by things like

burying a helpless construction foreman alive in cement just because he whistled at CJ's sister, or killing some rappers body guards in cold blood just to get a rhyme book for his friend. I couldn't buy his character as much with things like that. With Huang everything he did felt like it fit his character, he was ruthless at times but that's because his neck was constantly on the line and he needed to kill or be killed under suspicion of disloyalty (and also because he believed what he was doing was getting him closer to solving his father's murder). But CJ didn't really have those factors pushing him in the missions I mentioned and I just couldn't buy his character as much with the senseless violence he committed in some situations. As for Claude in GTA III, he was just a mute thug so not much personality to compare there with Huang. That's pretty much as far as my GTA protagonist knowledge goes so no other comparisons to make. I've played LCS and VC but never went through the stories so not sure how their characters stack up.

That's just my own opinion anyway. Imo GTA:Chinatown Wars is my favourite game and Huang is definitely my favourite protagonist.

Edited by swabbie

Claude and Toni

One of my favorite GTA protags. Didn't take sh*t from anyone! A true badass even if he did start out a spoiled brat. Wish he would've made an appearance in V, even if it was just a cameo.

i think it would be more awesome if he appeared as a ped or had a cameo in IV/EfLC (except the Police Database)

Sorry to bump the thread but CTW was released after IV and EFLC.

Yeah he was pretty entertaining. I just wish this game was in 3D, dislike the top down perspective (even though its not as bad as in the first GTA's).

The game IS 3D. Why can't people make the difference between 3D and top down? It's like saying GTA 3 turns 2D when using the top down camera.

Edited by Claude and Toni

Lock n' Stock

Great protagonist I thought, especially his use of sarcasm (and cocky tone in general) around all the idiots and psychos he has to deal with. I just wish he'd had a voice actor, or made a cameo in other HD Universe games. I guess that would be a bit awkward though because of CW's art style.

Naroon

He was a fantastic protagonist, easily my favorite one from the HD era games. His wit, intellect, and dry sarcastic humor made his lines stand out in a game that already had top tier writing.

JoeyLeone21

Huang Lee is a badass. Chinatown Wars should be remade in 3D!