4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Lounge

Arsen Vitiuk

Sergiu

Sergiu, you can only do one mission at a turn, read the rules carefully.

My bad. I actually read everything I should/shouldn't do but I went over that one by mistake.

Well, that means it's invalid. :(

MrMateczko

For new players, if they make an invalid turn, we usually let them go, but not on such big mistakes.

Still, have a good stay here on the GTA III Chain Game :)

Sergiu

I was too enthusiastic to hop on the chain game train. Such immature mistake on my end shouldn't be forgiven - to be honest.

Thank you for welcoming me, mate. :)

Edited by Sergiu
GTAKid667

Attention Everybody

I'd like to make an announcement today in order to address several issues that have occurred in the recent Chain Game Rounds, which need to be avoided in the future so that all players can have an equal, fair experience in the game.

The main purpose of this announcement is to explain the importance of reading the Chain Game Rules and also to remind players that abusing such rules in the game are unacceptable. A lot of effort has been put in over time by both Arsen Vitiuk and Myself in order to create a set of rules that will create an enjoyable game to all players while also keeping things fair, and allowing the game to work as a team game where all players take it in turns to complete a 100% Save File. Understandably, sometimes issues do occur and rules do get broken accidentally, particularly by new players who are unfamiliar with the game, but in the case of recent rounds I feel that some players who have been around long enough to have read all of the rules, are purposely bending the rules in order to suit themselves and ruin the game for other players. So with that said I'd like to make a few points.

Firstly, the amount of time that you are allowed to complete a turn in the game is 3 hours, and not any longer than that. There have been three turns in the past two rounds that have gone over the 3 hour limit and this is unacceptable. To make matters worse, the players then decide to use excuses as to why it took them longer which are usually completely fictional in order for the player to try and buy themselves time to complete even more of the games themselves, which as suggested above is taking away from the 'team' element of the game. The only way that a turn will ever be allowed more than 3 hours to take a turn is if I decide to give you an extension myself, which will only be for specific circumstances. If you are having issues with GTASNP, you are to use another free file uploading website, as stated in the rules.

Secondly, under no circumstances is it acceptable to message another player asking them to take a quick turn so that you are able to bypass the two mission wait rule yourself and take another turn. Doing this is not only in violation of the Chain Game Rules but is again ruining the enjoyment for other players, as you are deterring the game from being a team game, by trying to complete most of the game yourself. Players who receive such messages should not feel required to take a turn in the Chain Game unless they choose to do so themselves. If you begin to receive such messages regularly, I'd also advise that you report this to either myself or MrMateczko.

The events that have occurred will be let off only this once and from this point forward, if a turn isn't completed within 3 hours, it will be made Invalid regardless of whether the game has progressed since the turn had finished, unless stated otherwise by myself or MrMateczko. Likewise, players who decide to harass other members through the messaging system will be banned from participating in the Chain Game.

I'd advise that all players remind themselves of the rules of the game, and allow the game to run more smoothly from this point forward, as was the case in previous rounds.
  • Like 8

This might be a dumb question, but, which is the method used by other players to access locked islands? Usually the first turn player does a lot of work in both Staunton and Shoreside.

This might be a dumb question, but, which is the method used by other players to access locked islands? Usually the first turn player does a lot of work in both Staunton and Shoreside.

At the broken bridge there are two ramps (on the right side) which are really close to each other and you can jump on the other side of the bridge and go to Staunton Island. There is another way of going to Staunton Island but this is the easiest.

Another thing is that in the porter tunnel between Staunton Island and Shoerside Vale is opened in the beginning (it closes when you unlock Staunton Island). The same goes for the subway. So you can use this advantage to even go to Shoerside Vale.

You can easily get back to Portland using a boat or Dodo.

That's how you can collect all hidden packages, rampages and unique jumps and also deliver the Dodo to the import/export garage in Portland ;)

Edited by stef_92
WildBrick142

I usually get a Kuruma and push myself through the ground. Safe and reliable.

An even easier way would be making a ghost car and literally driving through the tunnel barriers.

As stef_92 said, the tunnel between Staunton and Shoreside is open so you can drive between the islands at any time and to get back to Portland you can take a Dodo or a boat.

Edited by WildBrick142
Th3MaN1

I guess I'll start this...

Mission: Shoreside Vale Import-Export Garage/Rampage/Portland Import-Export Garage/Don't SPANK Ma Bitch Up
Link: Clicking this link will open GTASnP where you can download the save
Completion %: 2.6%
Notes:
Moved Kuruma to SSV. Also delivered Kuruma to SSV Import/Export Garage.
Got 9999 M16 ammo from Staunton Island blow up vehicles rampage.
Delivered Dodo to Portland Import/Export Garage.
Put a reminder into Portland garage.
I hope this doesn't count as doing everything. If this does count as "doing everything", please file your complaints in the Lounge or my PM inbox :^:

At this point you're just acting like a toddler that got his toy taken away and now is complaining.
I wouldn't say anything normally, considering the posibility of you maybe not having enough time to do more (and not only that, you're not even forced to do any side-missions), but your note is clearly just you complaining. I think that you're just annoyed that I called you out for your 30% turn. Not only that but you also went over the limit of 3 hours (so did lol232) yet your turn was still allowed, which in my opinion you should be thankful for.
Edited by Th3MaN1
GTAKid667

I don't know if anyones noticed, but we're actually speeding through this round and are well on track for a new fastest round again :D

To put this into perspective:

It's been nearly 35 Hours since the Starter Save was posted - In this time we have done 80% of the game.

In Round 41 (The Current Fastest Round) - We had only done 55% at this point...

In other words, and I can't believe I'm saying this only 2 rounds later... Round 43 is looking like our new fastest round.

• Like 2
Miles Edgeworth

That feel when you are late for 0,5 second and you don't take the last turn XD

• Like 3

This is much faster than the previous fastest turn and it wasn't even meant to be! We weren't even trying. That's how it should be. You see - things are much better when they happen naturally

Edited by stef_92
  • Like 2

This is much faster than he previous fastesy turn and it wasnt even meant to be! We weren't even trying. Thatt's how it ahould be. You see - things are much better when they happen naturally

Maybe it'll work even faster if we keep up the good work. :)

GTAKid667

The round also had no problems at all and acted a lot more like a team game, rather than someone trying to do 60% themselves.

And of course, no one expected it to end up the fastest round either, until it was pointed out the progress was a lot faster than it seemed.

It was a very good round IMO.

Edited by GTAKid667
  • Like 4
Th3MaN1

Killed all ponies. Sorry guys, we can't have any garage shenanigans or one particular someone will whine that we're wasting time doing this. :( Don't worry though, I left some cats in the garage

Nah dude I'll just make another video.

Edited by Th3MaN1
Th3MaN1

OMG, less than 2 days O.o

That's mostly because the game is played by more people.

So congrats to everyone who contributed.

Edited by Th3MaN1
  • Like 1

Congratulations on this turn. I'm happy that I was part of it despite having only one single turn taken (when I completed Uzi Money :D ). When nobody tries to compete and everything happens naturally it really can happen fast. It was a good team work :)

• Like 1
Th3MaN1

Congratulations on this turn. I'm happy that I was part of it despite having only one single turn taken (when I completed Uzi Money :D ). When nobody tries to compete and everything happens naturally it really can happen fast. It was a good team work :)

I'm honestly not surprised that people don't like Courtney's missions. Gang-car Roundup is just really down to luck with the Mafia, and Uzi Money would be a LOT better if the player were given a better car. I mean really, a Perennial?

thehambone

Uzi Money would be a LOT better if the player were given a better car. I mean really, a Perennial

"Don't get cold feet" ;)
  • Like 1

Uzi Money would be a LOT better if the player were given a better car. I mean really, a Perennial?

That's Uzi Rider* . Uzi Money is the mission where you shoot the purple nines ;)

And about Gang Car Round-up - you can get a mafia sentinel from the gentleman's club without even having to meet the mafia.

Th3MaN1

Uzi Money would be a LOT better if the player were given a better car. I mean really, a Perennial?

That's Uzi Rider* . Uzi Money is the mission where you shoot the purple nines ;)

And about Gang Car Round-up - you can get a mafia sentinel from the gentleman's club without even having to meet the mafia.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

Also, you mean Salvatore's house, right? Cause I don't see how you can get there without making contact with the mafia. Unless you go off-road.

Miles Edgeworth

...and going off-road isn't that hard, just go past Supa Save! (or what is it named, Patriot mission starts here) and through the beach.

GTAGuy1995

You know you can just save a Mafia Sentinel in the Staunton garage before Mafia hates you, so that you will have it here ready for the mission. You can do the same with the Diablo Stallion to do things even faster, and what's left is to find a Yakuza Stinger that's parked close to Asuka's apartment.

Edited by GTAGuy1995
Lethal Vaccine

...and going off-road isn't that hard, just go past Supa Save! (or what is it named, Patriot mission starts here) and through the beach.

This. I was gonna say, you don't even have to go through Saint Marks, you can either go near where the Crusher is in Harwood where the Banshee is located in the glass and up the side of the mountain to Sal's Driveway and then back the way you came, OR you can go to the beach, by the lighthouse and walk behind all the houses to Sal's Driveway as well, and back down again. Very easy stuff. During Rigged to Blow you have to do this, as well, or at least I do, and I get to that garage to disarm the bomb from the Infernus. There is always a way around things which appear to be difficult.

Th3MaN1

You know you can just save a Mafia Sentinel in the Staunton garage before Mafia hates you, so that you will have it here ready for the mission. You can do the same with the Diablo Stallion to do things even faster, and what's left is to find a Yakuza Stinger that's parked close to Asuka's apartment.

Not when you also try to store some unique vehicles.

This. I was gonna say, you don't even have to go through Saint Marks, you can either go near where the Crusher is in Harwood where the Banshee is located in the glass and up the side of the mountain to Sal's Driveway and then back the way you came, OR you can go to the beach, by the lighthouse and walk behind all the houses to Sal's Driveway as well, and back down again. Very easy stuff. During Rigged to Blow you have to do this, as well, or at least I do, and I get to that garage to disarm the bomb from the Infernus. There is always a way around things which appear to be difficult.

It's not difficult, just annoying, and requires some luck. While your method may certainly be better and easier, I'll just do it the common way. I'll probably try that method though one day.

• Like 1
Lethal Vaccine

I am about efficiency and I would get pissed if the Leone's blew me away while I was getting the last Vehicle for Gang Car Round Up or something. I hate wasted time, so I go the best way possible, avoiding all the troubles :p

Even during Espresso 2 Go, I do the same thing. I come from Sal's Driveway to cross the Street, then I get out of my Vehicle and use an RPG to take down the stand and then once again, I go behind the Buildings, down to the beach, and back around the road in Atlantic Quays to the Callahan Bridge to make my way to SSV for the last 2 stands, the one at the Airport and the other in Pike Creek. I love III. I just finished my best playthrough to date and did it in 4 days, as well. :D

GTAGuy1995

Not when you also try to store some unique vehicles.

Well yeah but thing is that King Courtney's missions get unlocked after Sayonara Salvatore, so when I did my playthrough, I did them after that (when I had stored in garage Mafia Sentinel and Diablo Stallion just before Sayonara Salvatore) and when I reached Gang Car Round-up I used the vehicles stored on garage and then just got Yakuza Stinger. All without damaging them and going to pay-n-spray. :D

After that, the garage was empty so I could store unique vehicles, like the Black Rumpo from Under Surveillance.

Lethal Vaccine

After that, the garage was empty so I could store unique vehicles, like the Black Rumpo from Under Surveillance.

But some of them you missed and if you don't miss those, SI is occupied by those Vehicles, thus, storing the Sentinel and all that isn't gonna work. I mean, it CAN work, but you'd be going through a hassle of making it work and it's not worth it since the Mission is easy enough.

thehambone

During Rigged to Blow you have to do this, as well, or at least I do, and I get to that garage to disarm the bomb from the Infernus. There is always a way around things which appear to be difficult.

I don't think it's necessary to drive around Saint Marks during Rigged to Blow; I'm pretty sure the Mafia's hostility is disabled.
  • Like 1