2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How long with GTAO be a thing?`

TIM74UK

Just dawned on me that i've been a member here just over one year already... played across two platforms and still playing my original character...

But I wondered how long GTAO is likely to be a thing... I mean as in GTA5 Online.... Could we see it die a death if GTA 6 were released at some future point? Or do you think it will live on?

Sorry for the Misspell in the title... can't bloody edit it.... it's not with it's WILL!!! :) FIRE AT WILL!!!!

Edited by TIM74UK

BamaGoodfella

I'm pretty sure that there are players still on GTA4 multiplayer, but I do think that the numbers will drop drastically once the next GTA title is released.

I'm pretty sure that there are players still on GTA4 multiplayer, but I do think that the numbers will drop drastically once the next GTA title is released.

Which is sad since I've noticed the interaction on GTAO PC is no where near what it was on the 360.

I thought it was already dead?

Only for those with no opposable thumbs!! :sarcasm:

GamesBoy316

GTA Online will be alive for a while, some people are even playing GTA IV Multiplayer still.

When GTA6 released, probably GTAOnline will move to that base game and leaving the V as closed while carrying over your basic data like money (and get f*cked over your previous investments).

But to me personally, this game is done and no longer interesting while they're still trying so hard to make it sparkle their way.

• Like 3

All depends on how long we'll get updates and when the next GTA is released. Once the last update hits, the player base will take a hit. Hell with the heist delay the player base took a hit.

Edited by Chloroform

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

this tread again....

• Like 2

cryptorelic

How about there will be no future Grand Theft Auto, and we'll have to stick with GTA V and GTA Online forever.

I mean, it wouldn't be that bad. They will start a new gaming series, or continue on others like L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne or finally release Agent.

I would be satisfied with a GTA VI in around 5 - 8 years, with a new engine, a location never used before, or just maybe we go back to Vice City !

• Like 2

What was time period from GTA IV to GTA V?

That's how long (roughly) GTA:O will be populated. Add the fact that it got enhanced roughly months ago, that's where you'd start.

Honestly, I think Red Dead will be first with a completely new game from R* for this generation

Edited by Bieberkinz

As long as you visit GTA Forums, it will feel like it's a thing.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Considering game servers are still up for games such as cod4 and red dead redemption I'm sure gta online will be around for at least 5 years.

CarimboHanky

unless they shutdown all the servers when gta6 arrive, people would still be on gtao V...

people are still in IV and in RDR, so im sure same would happen with V.

heck not long ago, i found some online servers for one of my favorite games ever, Age of Empires 2 and it had over 100+ active matches which is a good number for a game that is like 14-15years old.

so im sure people would still play it as long as its online!

When people completely stop buying Shark Cards and Rockstar stop updating GTAO.

This might not be for a long while though/

But when it does die, there will always be FiveM on PC. San Andreas Multiplayer (SA:MP) has 25,000+ player online. Hopefully GTAV goes that route.

Considering game servers are still up for games such as cod4 and red dead redemption I'm sure gta online will be around for at least 5 years.

I think the TTWO accountants are just milking the GTA0 profits now and disallowing any new expenses to keep the servers going. So when the last RAID disk fails in the Rockstar server shed, that will be the end of it. Unfortunately, Rockstar got a great deal on low cost hard drives, and their drives are going fast: :p

blog_seagate_3tb_bad_curve.jpg

So unless some enterprising IT guy at Rockstar finds a great deal on replacement hard drives on eBay, it should be only another year or so until the servers shut down and are sold for scrap. :bored:

Edited by saintsrow

Rockstar said that GTA Online is a completely different game and is separate from V. When ever they do release GTA VI, I believe we will be able to move back and foward between games with our characters. Keeping all of our progress as well.

Solely depends on Rockstar. The player base is there and as long as they keep adding content it will stay active. Only when sales from cash cards will steadily decline for one reason or another is when they may decide to discontinue support and move on to the next project. However, if they want to make this a longtime project at some point they shall need to innovate and add significant content. There is only so much swag to add and at some point it will probably not even satisfy the kids anymore. That is when they may either pull out the plug or add content such as new cities, in which case the game will thrive for the years to come. May be wishful thinking, but who knows.

it'll be on as long as rockstar keeps making money from kesh curds

Edited by cooltay

Does it really have to have an ending? I still play and like GTA IV and RDR MP, and IV's been out for 7 years... so I think V's not having an ending. People will still play it even when VI would be released, but how they design its MP would be determinant. Tbh, it would be very very sad to see my V character gone that I'd still play V just to not forget him... damn not after 500+ hours

Mattoropael

GTA Online has already been dead for over a dozen times, and will continue dying every time an update is announced, not announced, released or not released.

Edited by Mattoropael

Misanthrope Z

considering GTA4 online is still up and running, i wouldnt expect it to die anytime soon

AboveAndBeyoncé

considering GTA4 online is still up and running, i wouldnt expect it to die anytime soon

Right theres still modders on GTAIV online aswell pretty interesting that people still play it

Misanthrope Z

Right theres still modders on GTAIV online aswell pretty interesting that people still play it

i imagine GTA4 is just overrun by modders at this point

AboveAndBeyoncé

i imagine GTA4 is just overrun by modders at this pointYeah I guess one of them appeared in my car (coquette) and gave it neon and custom color.... Later on he froze me

Misanthrope Z

i imagine GTA4 is just overrun by modders at this point
Yeah I guess one of them appeared in my car (coquette) and gave it neon and custom color.... Later on he froze me

thank god the modders in GTA5 cant do that sh*t, at least, not that i know of. though, some of them can take control over your character, which i think is worse to be honest.

im just hoping i muster up the motivation to move to next gen before people start jailbreaking PS4s

Edited by Pegassi Autobot

When GTA VI comes out it may very well include an expansion to GTAO and we will be able to travel to the new city and meet the contacts there. R* said that was the plan to have an ever expanding world.

Heazium™®©

I have a jailbroken ps3 and i play with mods on IV everyday, it's REALLY REALLY fun. I also have mods for V/online.

Both mod menus are fun, but i prefer IV's. So much more stuff you can do, so many character models to pick from.

If R* aloud us to have a choice whether to use a NPC model or character I'd easily choose NPC.

But to answer your question OP, i don't see Online dying anytime until late 2016/late 2017. It all really depends on how much stuff R* adds to the "ever expanding world"

Think of it like this, imagine if R* had left online the same as launch. No new clothes, guns, cars, etc etc. It'd become stale. That's how i look at online. Yea it's cool for R* to keep adding clothes/cars and stuff but thats not going to keep the players.

We need bigger and better updates.

AceThaCreator

Until the release of GTA VI which the majority of the fanbase will move on to. R* will always have its large and loyal fanbase of people who will keep on playing the game regardless of rather or not they release anything. Many people said many games like watch dogs for example would spell the end for GTA online yet here it still is.