2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Heist fairness

You Mad Bruh 30

You Mad Bruh 30

Okay so I have a question, is it fair for the heist host to pay to set up a heist then not get any money for the heist set ups? Also, when they do so they still have to give an even share to the people who earned money during set ups during the real deal? I'm only asking because I got into a fight with a friend who said "do you want to buy a zentorno?" Which he has 600,000 dollars while I'm over here with 100,000. We had done missions together for 3 days now. And frankly I got fed up with him. I also share a gta online bank account with my second character which my cousin owns. He left me 1,000 after playing last night. 😑 so tell me, is it fair?

BamaGoodfella

1.) Yes it's fair that you don't get money for the setups since technically you're the heist leader.

2.) No, it's not fair to the host to ask for a 25% cut on the finale. It's been discussed to death here and 40/20 is by far the most fair split for the host.

3.) How much money you do/don't have in the bank is absolutely irrelevant to what is fair regarding the finale payout unless you're feeling generous.

• Like 2

OP should tell his cousin to successfully complete about six PS finales so he can buy a Zentorno for his second character. :p

UltimateAntic

40/20/20/20 is the mos fair cut assuming the others helped the host with the setups. If somebody gets angry about this then perhaos he is not mature enough to be your friend

"Sharing is bad and needs to be stopped." Donald Trump

next time you get some cash together put it on your character, not in the bank. that way your cousin won't be able to fritter away your hard earned.

Tails Prower

"Sharing is bad and needs to be stopped." Donald Trump

next time you get some cash together put it on your character, not in the bank. that way your cousin won't be able to fritter away your hard earned.

I would go with this advice, if you are sharing a game account keep all cash on hand and none in the bank that way what money you

earn is yours to do with as you please.

Only prob with heists is the money goes to the bank so remember to withdraw it when you complete.

nWo_Y2J_2015

1.) Yes it's fair that you don't get money for the setups since technically you're the heist leader.

2.) No, it's not fair to the host to ask for a 25% cut on the finale. It's been discussed to death here and 40/20 is by far the most fair split for the host. 55/15 is better if they didn't help with setups obviously.

3.) How much money you do/don't have in the bank is absolutely irrelevant to what is fair regarding the finale payout unless you're feeling generous.

I can see why the host wouldn't get paid, but they do get the biggest cut in the finale.

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

BamaGoodfella

2.) No, it's not fair to the host to ask for a 25% cut on the finale. It's been discussed to death here and 40/20 is by far the most fair split for the host. 55/15 is better if they didn't help with setups obviously.

I can see why the host wouldn't get paid, but they do get the biggest cut in the finale.

I don't care if someone helped with the setups or not, I'd still do a 40/20 split. Depending on the circumstances, you get 2 (maybe 3) tries to get the finale done if you're playing with me regardless if you're a friend or a random. After that, I'm done because you're not worth me wasting my time. I pay well because I expect you to perform well. :)

Okay so I have a question, is it fair for the heist host to pay to set up a heist then not get any money for the heist set ups? Also, when they do so they still have to give an even share to the people who earned money during set ups during the real deal? I'm only asking because I got into a fight with a friend who said "do you want to buy a zentorno?" Which he has 600,000 dollars while I'm over here with 100,000. We had done missions together for 3 days now. And frankly I got fed up with him. I also share a gta online bank account with my second character which my cousin owns. He left me 1,000 after playing last night. so tell me, is it fair?

What many people fail to realise is that Rockstar offers two different (not crazy different, but not completely the same) experiences for heists.

One being as host (heist leader) and one being as a hired gun (crewmember).

The set up costs per heist and not getting a monetary reward for the set up missions are, in my view the price of experiencing being the heist leader.

A team of close friends or crewmembers will probably talk and discuss things like equals, but generally the heist leader decides what happens. He or she decides who does what and who gets what, and how the mission is played. Obviously any heist crew member can take matters into their own hands by going their own way or f**king up the mission on purpose, but it always comes down to the same thing. You're a guest in the heist leader's party. The problem with most random players is that there's no respect for this or anything else, as a heist leader opening up your lobby to the gen pop, you're nothing but a means to an end for them. Someone offering a pay day.

Wether it's fair or not depends on several things. But the main thing which I would highlight is that you have to decide for yourself wether or not you feel like the decreased money reward is worth it as you experience being "the boss". If you're just playing for money and in public games only with random strangers, you're probably better off not hosting but joining heist lobbies. Failure is always an option, but as crew member you can walk away from a group/mission and try for another one. Whereas the heist leader (if they want to progress) are stuck until they get a team capable and willing of finishing the mission. And not just that, because the heist leader doesn't get paid until the finale and has to pay to even get things started, he/she will lose on walking away from a series of missions.

About your shared account, it may not be fair. But that's a situation you've created yourself by agreeing to share an account with someone else. If you're going to do that, obviously you should have thought about setting a few rules between you and the other player, for instance that they can only spend what they've earned. It's inadvisable to not use the bank account for storage though, unless you don't spend any time in free mode and therefor have no chance of getting mugged and robbed of 10k each time.

Best thing to do: join a crew or make a few friends to go through the heists together. If you go through all of them with the same team, regardless of wether you're hosting or joining, you're going to be making decent money and probably have good fun, too. ANY group of intelligent players (and a tiny bit of experience) can do the mastermind challenge with some discipline. That gives you 10 million dollars at the end of the Pacific Standard finale, on top of your regular cut. You'll get another 1 million for having done all the heists in order and an extra 1 million for having done them all in order with the same team. The CM challenge is those conditions combined but with the added conditions of playing on Hard all the way through and your team not suffering a single death.

I haven't written down the exact money rewards and finale cuts (based on difficulty and percentage) yet, but you'll make plenty of cash anyway. Fleeca is done quickly with a decent teammate whom you can communicate with and can get you over 70k after the finale. Prison Break has plenty of missions and gets you (I think) 19k per set up mission on Hard. The other heists after that should pay over 20k per mission and plenty more on the finale, especially if you're given a 20% cut. Which is a pretty damn sweet deal if you're not the host.

TL:DR: Play in an organised, pre-made group and do heists. Do the challenges for the one time cash bonuses and keep doing heists.

EDIT: To answer your question, I personally do think it's fair. But it's all a matter of opinion.

Edited by BlackMilk

nWo_Y2J_2015

I don't care if someone helped with the setups or not, I'd still do a 40/20 split. Depending on the circumstances, you get 2 (maybe 3) tries to get the finale done if you're playing with me regardless if you're a friend or a random. After that, I'm done because you're not worth me wasting my time. I pay well because I expect you to perform well. :)

Never expect anything. Always prepare for the worst. Most of the time, when I do give 20%, they do give maybe a 15% effort. If you're too low a rank, then it's not worth wasting my time either.

• Like 1

BamaGoodfella

Never expect anything. Always prepare for the worst. Most of the time, when I do give 20%, they do give maybe a 15% effort. If you're too low a rank, then it's not worth wasting my time either.

Honestly, I don't even play heists that often anymore because I refuse to play with randoms and most of my friends treat Pacific Standard like it's Rooftop Rumble 2.0. 100% agree with you about not wasting time playing with super low ranks, but sometimes the high ranked Rambo types can be just as damn annoying.

For 15% we do it in one try or I quit at the restart screen. Seems fair

nWo_Y2J_2015

Honestly, I don't even play heists that often anymore because I refuse to play with randoms and most of my friends treat Pacific Standard like it's Rooftop Rumble 2.0. 100% agree with you about not wasting time playing with super low ranks, but sometimes the high ranked Rambo types can be just as damn annoying.

True, high-ranks can be just as annoying. I'd like to join competent people for Pacific Standard, but my friends don't do heists much anymore for some reason.

Meh, for 15% on any finale I'll stay for several tries. More often than not after several cringeworthy attempts the team will actually get it, and it'll often still be faster than doing contact missions for the same amount of money.

Just a few days ago I joined a lobby for the Pacific Standard finale. The lowest rank player was I think around 112-120 or something, the highest was well over 400. Myself over 200.

The first part was easy, but getting to the bikes there were at least 4 failures, at least. Then when we get to the bikes, the other players had the nasty tendency to constantly hit all obstacles or get run over by cops. I had one bad moment where I got into a riot van with the host and I was shooting lots of squad cars and swat vans from the back with my combat MG. Whenever I took too much damage I stopped holding down the aim button so my character would close the door and I could recover health/armour, but one time he failed to close the door in time and a swat van got so close that it couldn't close anymore. Unfortunate failure.

ANYWAY, after a few tries, each only lasting minutes, we finally all got there, some of us in cars. We fought off the cops (there were a LOT) and got into the boat and departed with issues.

I had a 25% cut. That was more than worth it. The failures may have been frustrating, but it still was faster than doing contact missions. Every individual mission takes time with the queue, loading, launching and restarting as well. Then you still get (more) trolls in there messing up the mission, hosts setting the difficulty to easy or normal and missions actually having to take longer to pay better, with more people for a larger pay-out.

Also it's simply less of a hassle. You fail, you simply retry the exact same thing until your teammates get it right. It becomes easier each time.

CarimboHanky

thats a bit stupid if you ask me...

its as stupid as people that leave a heist because the host dont give him 20-25%, 15% is more than what you earn by quitting which is 0%

Yeah and as has been discussed to death before, the host will LOSE money on every single heist unless they get at least 45%. On Pacific Standard, the overall take must be in excess of $1,190,000 in order for the 40/20's to be fair.

That's fact and based on maths, and is not there to provoke a response or argument!